Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Woo finally Liverpool has given out some offers. I spoke too soon I'm really keen to get my hands on one :p:

ReputationRep:
    Steph, i have some advice.. I found my A-level courses pretty tough too.. BUTTT theres a secret to success at A-level. First of all, ever1 is right, having tutors does help alot, i had them for GCSE and definitely helped me get the grades i got- but for A-level i had one tactic- slightly expensive but it works! So.. find out the boards that run ur various subjects, i had OCR for Chemistry, AQA for biology and edexcel for my others- call them up and order every past paper from summer and jan plus mark schemes from the last 6 years. Go through each paper and learn the mark scheme answers off by heart. I dnt knwo if u already do this, but if you dnt u are gauranteed to get an A this way- they ask the same questions every few years- jus word them differrently.. also- make sure u only revise from the text books written by ur exam board - not ur teachers notes!! u prob knw all this stuff. but jus wanned to say incase it helps at all xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Aww well, 'tis a shame but of course it's your decision! Well done. :yep:
    And we might well see you at AVS next year (it's in Ed). It will be epic!

:woo:
    Right OK I didnt want to ask this, wanted to suss it out for myself but I cant so I surrender.
    WHAT IS AVS? hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Right OK I didnt want to ask this, wanted to suss it out for myself but I cant so I surrender.
    WHAT IS AVS? hahaha
    AVS is a sports weekend that is hosted by a different vet school each year, in the Autumn. This year it's in Ed :woo: I'm so excited, bummy that Ed rejected but at least I get to go there for AVS. Yeah so basically each vet school has a different theme to dress up to, and apparently the final years have their own theme. I think it is meant to be sporty but everyone seems to party and have a really really good time. I am really looking forward to it, all the vets have been telling me how good it is for as long as I have been going there! I have probs got some of that wrong!

Also, CONGRATS CHLOE AND JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!! :woo:

Edit: But AVS actually stands for 'Association of Veterinary students' or something, they represent all the students at each UK vet school, and they have a congress or something each year, and a ball as well I think. I know way too much about that, I clearly spend too much time chatting to vets on my work ex and not actually learning something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    AVS is a sports weekend that is hosted by a different vet school each year, in the Autumn. This year it's in Ed :woo: I'm so excited, bummy that Ed rejected but at least I get to go there for AVS. Yeah so basically each vet school has a different theme to dress up to, and apparently the final years have their own theme. I think it is meant to be sporty but everyone seems to party and have a really really good time. I am really looking forward to it, all the vets have been telling me how good it is for as long as I have been going there! I have probs got some of that wrong!

Also, CONGRATS CHLOE AND JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well done!!! :woo:
    ahhh I see, sounds like a plan to me =) really wanted to go edinburgh originally but scotland dont accept BTECs which I didnt know til after Id signed up for my course haha nevermind =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Steph, i have some advice.. I found my A-level courses pretty tough too.. BUTTT theres a secret to success at A-level. First of all, ever1 is right, having tutors does help alot, i had them for GCSE and definitely helped me get the grades i got- but for A-level i had one tactic- slightly expensive but it works! So.. find out the boards that run ur various subjects, i had OCR for Chemistry, AQA for biology and edexcel for my others- call them up and order every past paper from summer and jan plus mark schemes from the last 6 years. Go through each paper and learn the mark scheme answers off by heart. I dnt knwo if u already do this, but if you dnt u are gauranteed to get an A this way- they ask the same questions every few years- jus word them differrently.. also- make sure u only revise from the text books written by ur exam board - not ur teachers notes!! u prob knw all this stuff. but jus wanned to say incase it helps at all xx
    I use all the past papers anyway, they are all available free on various websites. But, I'm on a new syllabus for Biology and Chemistry, so it's not much help. My teacher's aren't very good, they don't give me any notes, I just have to work from the book. So thanks for the advice, but I'm already doing this.

ReputationRep:
    Haha. It's not sporty. Sports are played, but to no particularly good standard. And the majority of the people that go haven't played sport in their life
    The sports tournament is just an excuse for us all to get together.

Congrats on all recent good news, inc. Liverpool offers.

ReputationRep:
    ah well done on all the offers and results from the first few days especially the liv people have either of you firmed it? could be future classmates!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    LIVERPOOL CONDITIONAL OFFERR
    Wooow! Congrats! :woo: What ur gonna do now? :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    Haha. It's not sporty. Sports are played, but to no particularly good standard. And the majority of the people that go haven't played sport in their life
    The sports tournament is just an excuse for us all to get together.

Congrats on all recent good news, inc. Liverpool offers.
    ooo do you know what the start date is for september coz on the website it says the 29th but in the email they mentioned some introduction conference on the 22nd... im confused :p:
    but yay i firmed liverpool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    ooo do you know what the start date is for september coz on the website it says the 29th but in the email they mentioned some introduction conference on the 22nd... im confused :p:
    aha sorry i thought id quote you cos i didnt in my post above :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaby)
    aha sorry i thought id quote you cos i didnt in my post above :rolleyes:
    i'll be seeing you in september
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    No idea what I'm doing yet, waiting to see what bristol and rvc do I think. . I'm not firming it yet. :P. I'm undecided where I'd go.

ReputationRep:
    i'll be seeing you in september
    ah wicked i cant wait, roll on september

well done again guys

ReputationRep:
    liverpool is my favourite and has been for like 3 years... so im gonna have to turn down the **** vet :eek:
    i dislike this :mad:

but congrats and well done jade, i new u wudnt need lincoln :p:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)

I still value lincoln it takes the pressure off me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)

haha im loving the mad face, i do love ed but i love liverpool more!!!

ReputationRep:
    If it's like the start we had, yeah, freshers start a week earlier than we do. 22nd sounds about right. You'll spend that week doing very little, just getting to know hallsmates and new vet friends. You'll have a few lectures to introduce you to the uni. A lot of very general things, like how to use the libraries and computer network, then intro's to more course specific things. Including a tour around the buildings you'll use etc. Freshers events are put on during this week; freshers fair, freshers ball, club nights etc.
    Then the next week (29th) lectures start for everyone. But again your lectures will be very easy that week. Mostly introductions to the individual modules themselves. You'll be thanking your stars for the easy start as that week is also vet freshers. So in the evenings lots of events will put on, solely for the vets. Last year we had things like a celidh, pub crawl, a games night, you go to your buddy's house and they cook a meal for you then there's a party after etc etc. Culminates in Welcome Party at the end of the week, where you perform a few fun team-building games and challenges etc and most of the faculty arrives to welcome you, with another party after. All good fun.

ReputationRep:
    I am breaking my personal TSR ban because I have somehow got

LIVERPOOL AAB OFFER

I can't believe it. I didn't think the interview went well at all. Speak on facebook if you want to talk,

TSR ban has been renewed until August (when results come out)!!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Omg congrats

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.