Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yay well done to everyone with offers!
    Got me a LIVERPOOL OFFER today too
    Has anyone heard back from RVC post-interview yet?! I'm mega mega worried about that one!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    i dislike this :mad:

but congrats and well done jade, i new u wudnt need lincoln :p:

Would that mean you're thinking of becoming a **** Vet?

Lol I love how we first years are still hanging around, try to recruit people to our uni. (Not that we need to sell it any more than it sells itself, it's awesome). :P

ReputationRep:
    :cry2: I WANT A LIVERPOOL OFFER!

ReputationRep:
    Wow more offers! Great day

Well done everyone!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by xkatx_sb)
    Yay well done to everyone with offers!
    Got me a LIVERPOOL OFFER today too
    Has anyone heard back from RVC post-interview yet?! I'm mega mega worried about that one!!
    No-ones heard yet.

ReputationRep:
    oh anna, i saw u post and i had my fingers crossed for you...... keep refreshing yr emails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I use all the past papers anyway, they are all available free on various websites. But, I'm on a new syllabus for Biology and Chemistry, so it's not much help. My teacher's aren't very good, they don't give me any notes, I just have to work from the book. So thanks for the advice, but I'm already doing this.
    Just one little question, do you mark the past papers you've done yourself? Just because I never used to, and before january exams this year I did for chemistry, and found that I learnt from my mistakes more than if I just had an 'x' next to something, and the exact terms that they look for to give marks to. I know it sounds silly, and it's only a little thing, but it really did seem to help.
    The new spec thing is pretty rubbish, I know. But there are a fair few of the old AQA papers that have similar questions (just cross off the irrelevent bits, else it gets really confusing!) - I think I have some of them lying about still, can find out the dates of the papers if you'd like? Or I could even try and master the scanner if they're not on the internet anywhere, but I can't guarantee anything there :o:

ReputationRep:
    steph, i'm on the new specs too, my teacher suggested doing papers from the other exam boards? gets you used to answering questions from a different slant if that makes sense, seemed to work anyway

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations people
    But....
    Why oh why couldn't they have sent any offers out on a day thats not a friday, now we have to wait till monday whereas any other day it'd just be a wait till the morning!!
    However bearing in mind how disastrous my interview was I don't mind too much!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm banning myself from TSR for a month. Will be back on my birthday Or if I here from Bristol

See you guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    I'm banning myself from TSR for a month. Will be back on my birthday Or if I here from Bristol

See you guys

Whyyyy??? Everyone is leaving I am going to miss this thread.

ReputationRep:
    Had to laugh today...can see the effect 'Lambing Live' has had on the general population!

Where I am working at the moment is a big estate, a few 1000 acres, lots of park land with sheep all over. The ewes that are due in about 2 weeks are out on the park land, they were fed this morning with a tractor, and we noticed a couple that had problems and one dead ewe. Went straight back to get a land rover with a trailer on to fetch those sheep inside. As we head back over two members of the public are stood waving frantically, as we reach them they start to explain that there is a dead sheep (yep, we know, thanks anyway though). Followed by "there is one that is having a prolapse" (again, thanks, but we knew ). Then we were told that "we have been watching lambing on the tv, so we know all about it now, we've had a look and know it is a prolapse, you will have to put it back in won't you?" "Can we watch!?" (great, thanks, we are really reassured that you checked it was a prolapse for us, we weren't sure what to do there for a minute!!) Then they proceeded to stand and watch us manhandle sheep about and were very disappointed when we said no they couldn't come back to the farm to watch! As we were leaving the two women - presumably just in case we were worrying told us, "we come to the park most days for a run, we will let you know if we see any more with problems, we know what to look for now!!" Just waiting for some 'helpful' member of the public to take it into their head to try and lamb a ewe now!

ReputationRep:
    Haha me and my parents are being cool and Reading my dads university choice book from the sixties, back then the total number of places for vet medicine was about 200!

Congrats on all the offers

ReputationRep:
    Livvvahhhhpoool offerrr =D

Ooo and got an A* In my extended project =|

ReputationRep:
    :woo: Congrats on all the liv offers Almost wish I applied now :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yay well done on all the Liv offers people!!!! amazing news!!!!!

But.........why is everyone leaving?? Why why why??? TSR just won't be the same if people keep going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz56)

But.........why is everyone leaving?? Why why why??? TSR just won't be the same if people keep going
    THIS

please dnt leave people =( it wnt be the same without u all ...

ReputationRep:
    anyone have any idea about the ratio of interviews to places for lizzle?
    Im just too curious :woo:

Edit: My crappy internet screwed up my post then posted it twice

ReputationRep:
    Why are you all leaving... losers :P

ReputationRep:
    I was gone for sooo long, but na I'll ban myself once I get home :p:

but seriously this was my brothers FB status tonight...
    "has just been under age drinking, drivng on main road when 16 without licience, drink driving with a car that wouldnt pass its MOT after spending £100,00 on it. o yesss"
    I find it funny coz I did the exact same thing in the exact same car, but I didnt spend a £100 on it coz it was him that drove it down the ditch last year! He's an idiot and should not follow in my foot steps!
    The joys of living in area where there are no cops, no cars on the road past 8, and being able to drive at 12!

I'm wondering weather I should still re-sit my maths exam or just bugger them and go to America a month earlier? withdraw from Liv and firm Glasgow?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.