Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I was gone for sooo long, but na I'll ban myself once I get home :p:

but seriously this was my brothers FB status tonight...
    "has just been under age drinking, drivng on main road when 16 without licience, drink driving with a car that wouldnt pass its MOT after spending £100,00 on it. o yesss"
    I find it funny coz I did the exact same thing in the exact same car, but I didnt spend a £100 on it coz it was him that drove it down the ditch last year! He's an idiot and should not follow in my foot steps!
    The joys of living in area where there are no cops, no cars on the road past 8, and being able to drive at 12!

I'm wondering weather I should still re-sit my maths exam or just bugger them and go to America a month earlier? withdraw from Liv and firm Glasgow?
    you may as well wait to see what liv decide, just to get closure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm wondering weather I should still re-sit my maths exam or just bugger them and go to America a month earlier? withdraw from Liv and firm Glasgow?
    I wouldn't be too hasty deciding this, as I know post-grads can still be expected to have A Level grades of AAA/AAB.
    A month in America now or a better shot at VetMed?

Edit: Oh, and Ireland versus Wales today. Game on

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone with liverpool offers you totally deserve them
    No Liverpool offer for me however but no rejection either. Got to keep positive

ReputationRep:
    Sorry that everyone else is leaving... :p:

I'm not 'leaving' I'll still pop in now and again. But It's not been a great week. And everyone knows it's a bit upsetting to get **** results and 2 rejections and then to sign on and see loads of offers. I'm sorry.

Well done with all the offers though guys, You all really deserve them. I'm really jealous. :p: But you're all make brilliant vets. I'll still be around, just not as much. xx

ReputationRep:
    Nick, it's easier to keep positive when you've got one offer in the bag :p:

I've been looking up intensive courses at private colleges for next year, and there's a few intensive revision courses at Easter.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    you withdrew from liverpool... i got an offer from liverpool... suspicious me thinks :p:

ReputationRep:
    Beth I would seriously wait and see what Liv decide before firming Glasgow. It's an unconditional offer and it isn't going anywhere, you might as well wait!

Alice, I'm so sorry to hear about your rejections You have two more shots though, and you only need one offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I wouldn't be too hasty deciding this, as I know post-grads can still be expected to have A Level grades of AAA/AAB.
    A month in America now or a better shot at VetMed?

Edit: Oh, and Ireland versus Wales today. Game on
    I knowwww all my mates have gone up to Dublin today and I'm stuck here!!! I'd do anything to be there, will be a good match hopefully if Wales will wake up in the first half, but being realistic Irealnd will probably scrape a win :p:
    But c'mon Cymru!!
    Ok I'll wait till Liv decision, and still going to re-sit maths, and maby will do the new spec chem while at my first year at uni as well, going to send my paper back for re-mark coz I was so guttingly close to an A and just see what comes out of it!
    and yeah most post grad who get into notts have AAA/AAB at A level

oww and well done on liv offers and sorry for thre rejections..

who negged me :o: I think it's the lurkers. In the future would be nice to have a reason (Y)

ReputationRep:
    what post were you negged for beth??

im glad youre waiting for liverpool
    when you say you might take the new spec chem at uni, do you mean both as and a2??? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    what post were you negged for beth??

im glad youre waiting for liverpool
    when you say you might take the new spec chem at uni, do you mean both as and a2??? xx
    the last one I posted...might be the fact that I was stupid when I was 16, but that was 3 years ago and I've grown up :rolleyes: and that my brother is a mong! a well (I do lover him really)

yeah both, it's not that much different to the old one, so it wouldnt be as if i'd be starting from scratch. It's just the practicals that will be a paiiin!! And the fact that I have really good marks in all 3 As module it's just sooo not fair that we cant re take this summer, coz last years applicants could!

ReputationRep:
    grrr i dont understand student finance... i dont know if theres any point me filling in the income based thingy coz my parents earn quite a lot and its a lot of extra form filling if i dont get any more money!
    doesn anyone know what the threshold amount is to get extra support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    grrr i dont understand student finance... i dont know if theres any point me filling in the income based thingy coz my parents earn quite a lot and its a lot of extra form filling if i dont get any more money!
    doesn anyone know what the threshold amount is to get extra support?
    I had a play around on the finance calculator, and I couldn't make head or tail of it. The more they earn, the bigger your loan and smaller your grant - but I didn't check for really high/low earners so I don't know, really. I'm still waiting for the father to locate his P60 so I can fill out his information *sighs*

My overdraft is making me sad...I want to spend it

ReputationRep:
    I REALLY don't understand student finance. I think i'm just being really dense, but I need to try and sort it out this weekend, and get some help!

Rugby :love: have to run into town today to get a mother's day present and a birthday present for my dad, and I better be back by the time the game starts!

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused, I found student finance easy, I am actually being stupid and doing it wrong? lol

ReputationRep:
    About student finance and all that shizzle, I work for a building society ^^ and although we dnt do a student account my manager has told me (and the banks confermed this) to wait until the summer when the offers come out before opening your student accounts. You can always change the details on student finace...

ReputationRep:
    me is wondering if the RVC is gonna give offers out this coming week , seeing as all the interviews are over?

ReputationRep:
    I Hope so, we need more offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    me is wondering if the RVC is gonna give offers out this coming week , seeing as all the interviews are over?
    An offer would be nice to celebrate on St Patricks Day :jive:

Last year there seemed to be two days of A-leveler offers and then on the 3rd day the graduate offers started so they could be all given out by the end of next week...

ReputationRep:
    can't wait til wednesday!! going on in birmingham which will be acee!!! ohh having said that sextons just made it 3 a piece! haha.

well done to everyone with liverpool offers!! I've decided im 100% firming glasgow when i hear from liv and bristol =D

is everyone quitting TSR? i have to admit, i'm only going to come on occasionaly now so good luck to everyone!!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.