Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    An offer would be nice to celebrate on St Patricks Day :jive:

Last year there seemed to be two days of A-leveler offers and then on the 3rd day the graduate offers started so they could be all given out by the end of next week...
    that would be good- even though this is my first time applying for vetmed i'v wanted to go to the RVC since i was 16!! (i'm now 23) i'l be so sad if i dnt get an offer

Edit: dam spelling! lol
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I knowwww all my mates have gone up to Dublin today and I'm stuck here!!! I'd do anything to be there, will be a good match hopefully if Wales will wake up in the first half, but being realistic Irealnd will probably scrape a win :p:
    But c'mon Cymru!!
    Ok I'll wait till Liv decision, and still going to re-sit maths, and maby will do the new spec chem while at my first year at uni as well, going to send my paper back for re-mark coz I was so guttingly close to an A and just see what comes out of it!
    and yeah most post grad who get into notts have AAA/AAB at A level

oww and well done on liv offers and sorry for thre rejections..

who negged me :o: I think it's the lurkers. In the future would be nice to have a reason (Y)

RVC Grad course doesnt care too much about A Levels.. I got interview with ABB. :rolleyes: And a friend of mine got an inteview with BBB!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    me is wondering if the RVC is gonna give offers out this coming week , seeing as all the interviews are over?
    not for us :confused: last year they gave out grad offers on 30-31st march, and started laying out the undergrad offers from 27th-30th ish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    can't wait til wednesday!! going on in birmingham which will be acee!!! ohh having said that sextons just made it 3 a piece! haha.

well done to everyone with liverpool offers!! I've decided im 100% firming glasgow when i hear from liv and bristol =D

is everyone quitting TSR? i have to admit, i'm only going to come on occasionaly now so good luck to everyone!!!
    why dont you just withdraw from liv and bristol if you wanna firm glasgow, it'd free up a chance for someone else!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    not for us :confused: last year they gave out grad offers on 30-31st march, and started laying out the undergrad offers from 27th-30th ish!

really!?? okay cool - thanks for letting me know! I knew they said we'd hear by the end of March but i just assumed offers would come earlier..

ReputationRep:
    rvc like to keep u waiting,

tommy wont withdraw because he wants more offers to big up his already huge EGO!!!!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    really!?? okay cool - thanks for letting me know! I knew they said we'd hear by the end of March but i just assumed offers would come earlier..

Yeah I'm not even bothering to check track. :woo: Though I did have a peak after the outburst of liv offers! But since the last grad interview date for liv is 24th march I assume thy'll keep me waiting too :mad:

Awh wellz, should be focussing on my dissertation! (and cleaning my room and house - is a tip at the moment)

ReputationRep:
    Someone on here a few days ago said they called RVC and they would probably start giving out offers from monday? Cant find the post tho :ninja: ... It makes sense since they've finished interviews much earlier this year..

Half time Ireland 16 Wales 6, now Wales no massive comeback please...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Someone on here a few days ago said they called RVC and they would probably start giving out offers from monday? Cant find the post tho :ninja: ... It makes sense since they've finished interviews much earlier this year..

Hehehe my dad is irish. I rang him for a chat in the middle of the game and he pretty much told me to go away! Charming. :p: Ill let him have his few hours of glory haha.

Hmph.. I really dont want to hear in the middle of march - if I get a rejection I will be depressed for my lambing placement and I can't have that! They always seem to hand out grad offers last, and since they've not even started on the undergrad offers really, don't think we'll hear for a while

ReputationRep:
    I'm really pleased Ireland are winning but...it's a bit of a dull game

Get Sexton off the pitch!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I'm really pleased Ireland are winning but...it's a bit of a dull game

Get Sexton off the pitch!
    agreed about sexton...

ReputationRep:

Wales massiv come back..yes please!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    RVC Grad course doesnt care too much about A Levels.. I got interview with ABB. :rolleyes: And a friend of mine got an inteview with BBB!
    I got a grad interview with BBC at A level, and a relatively low BMAT score. In fact, not really sure why I managed to get an interview at all! I do have loads of work exp, so that is the only thing I can think helped out!

I was being really, really, optimistic and hoping that if I was to get an RVC offer I would get it before 24th March, saving me a trip to Liverpool. But I think I am prehaps being too hopeful both wanting an offer and wanting it by then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    I got a grad interview with BBC at A level, and a relatively low BMAT score. In fact, not really sure why I managed to get an interview at all! I do have loads of work exp, so that is the only thing I can think helped out!

I was being really, really, optimistic and hoping that if I was to get an RVC offer I would get it before 24th March, saving me a trip to Liverpool. But I think I am prehaps being too hopeful both wanting an offer and wanting it by then!
    so would RVC be ur first choice? :o:

ReputationRep:
    so would RVC be ur first choice? :o:
    Yep....mainly cos of the cheaper grad fees at RVC. Can't really afford Ed or Liv, but would have to work out a way if it ends up like that. But would jump at an RVC offer (and I do actually really like the place as well....)
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Yep....mainly cos of the cheaper grad fees at RVC. Can't really afford Ed or Liv, but would have to work out a way if it ends up like that. But would jump at an RVC offer (and I do actually really like the place as well....)
    Ahaah, RVC is EVERYONES first choice for grad. ;p 4 year course and cheap fees! (well actually I suppose some may pick cambs for the prestige!)

Hm you may aswell go to liv interview, as it is actually a really fun interview! I really liked the look of liv wen I went - preferred it over edinburgh! But I have not seen their clinical campus. I will have to make a trip their if I dont get london and find a way to afford liv or ed.

ReputationRep:
    An offer would be nice to celebrate on St Patricks Day :jive:

Last year there seemed to be two days of A-leveler offers and then on the 3rd day the graduate offers started so they could be all given out by the end of next week...
    If you're talking about Liverpool, that's not good news for me

ReputationRep:
    Ahaah, RVC is EVERYONES first choice for grad. ;p 4 year course and cheap fees! (well actually I suppose some may pick cambs for the prestige!)

Hm you may aswell go to liv interview, as it is actually a really fun interview! I really liked the look of liv wen I went - preferred it over edinburgh! But I have not seen their clinical campus. I will have to make a trip their if I dont get london and find a way to afford liv or ed.
    Their interviews do sound quite fun. It is just really bad timing, as it is about 2 days into the main flock lambing at the farm I am working on - the shepherd flipped when I told him I needed the 24th off! So it would be much better from that pov if I didn't need to go, plus save me petrol money and the drive there. I haven't made it to an Ed open day yet, was planning on trying to visit if that is where I end up going. As well as starting to play the lottery...or something!

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding it difficult to choose between Nottingham And Liverpool.

I mean nottingham is my top choice and I know there should be no contest then but I'm so bad when it comes to being definitive.

Can anyone offer any help or advice please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    rvc like to keep u waiting,

tommy wont withdraw because he wants more offers to big up his already huge EGO!!!!
    hit that nail on the head! but i'll withdraw as soon as I (hopefully) get an offer!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.