Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whoo 3000th post haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    I'm finding it difficult to choose between Nottingham And Liverpool.

I mean nottingham is my top choice and I know there should be no contest then but I'm so bad when it comes to being definitive.

Can anyone offer any help or advice please?
    best thing to do is to make a pro and con list for each uni and really be picky about things, the little things can make all the difference in your decision!
    i guess between notts and liv a big part of the descision is do you want to live in the countryside or in the city!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    If you're talking about Liverpool, that's not good news for me
    No don't worry I was talking about RVC...

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Wales massiv come back..yes please!!!! :p:
    Maybe next year Wales :p:

ReputationRep:
    i made a faceboook group for liverpool vets people should join so i dont look so sad and lonely...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    No don't worry I was talking about RVC...

Maybe next year Wales :p:
    :grumble:
    next year will be 3 years since Welsh grand slam, they like to do things every 3 years :p:
    2005, 2008, 2011

ReputationRep:
    Eeee, bit late but finally got my Jan exam results

ReputationRep:
    ^^ How did you do??

Draw...:o: didn't even see all of the game! Saw most of the second half though. I'm feeling there is a lot of Bristol hate going on atm, does anyone have anything positive to say about the uni/vet school at all?!

ReputationRep:
    It's amazing

ReputationRep:
    Its brilliant

ReputationRep:
    ******* scottish *******s cheering when jonny went off!!! that pissed me off so much! I mean, i know the scots hate us, but no need for that at all.

have to admit the thing i like about bristol is the location, it is the only thing i like about it but meh :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Last year there seemed to be two days of A-leveler offers and then on the 3rd day the graduate offers started so they could be all given out by the end of next week...
    i hope everything is given out by the end of next week, im so bored of waiting to hear from them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    ******* scottish *******s cheering when jonny went off!!! that pissed me off so much! I mean, i know the scots hate us, but no need for that at all.

have to admit the thing i like about bristol is the location, it is the only thing i like about it but meh :p:
    this is also my issue :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview at Liverpool on Wednesday yay! How did ppl find the mini interviews compared to the traditional interview style??

Ahhh can't wait for RVC to start giving out offers! not long to wait now!!!!

x

ReputationRep:
    May be of interest to those who were talking a while back about Bristol and whether it would get its RCVS approval for the BVSc degree - this was in the Vet Record this week:

"Thw Council agreed that conditional approval of Bristol's veterinary degree should continue for another 2 years. A recent visit to the veterinary school has found that considerable progress has been made since the previous visit 2 years ago, but the university has recognised that further progress was required"

So at least they are back on the up

ReputationRep:
    heyyy i just got an offer from nottingham vet school!! anyone else going there?/

Nottingham-Interview-Offer AAB!!
    Liverpool-Questionnaire-Rejected
    Bristol-Interviewed-On Hold
    RVC-Interviewed-Waiting...

ReputationRep:
    just thought i would say,,,,,i got feedback from rvc a few weeks ago...
    their bmat threshold this year was 52... i dont know if this means anything to anyone. but they said each section is weighted differently.
    i got 49 and apparently satisfied all other criteria for interview. bad bad timesss.

i also wont be posting much either,,,being offerless is no fun :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    just thought i would say,,,,,i got feedback from rvc a few weeks ago...
    their bmat threshold this year was 52... i dont know if this means anything to anyone. but they said each section is weighted differently.
    i got 49 and apparently satisfied all other criteria for interview. bad bad timesss.

i also wont be posting much either,,,being offerless is no fun :/
    i know, its really annoying me - trying to stay positive is actually so hard when its this late and i already have 3 rejections

i just hope that after waiting so long for rvc it wont be another rejection, but i really think it will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    i know, its really annoying me - trying to stay positive is actually so hard when its this late and i already have 3 rejections

i just hope that after waiting so long for rvc it wont be another rejection, but i really think it will be
    not much longer now though and i'd say you had a really good shot with rvc considering their intake is so much higher than the other unis xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jquinlan3)
    heyyy i just got an offer from nottingham vet school!! anyone else going there?/

yep i'l see u there (if i dnt get an RVC offer!)

when did u hear? was it for the d100?

ReputationRep:
    If it is any consolation (and it may well not be any at all ), just look at the re-applicants this year. There are quite a few of us and I'd say a very large majority have at least one offers; some are even holding out for four!

The gap year is very much as good as you make it. If you throw everything back into reapplying, work experience, working and just having a bit of time off, it probably won't be so bad as you might think. I've liked my gap year, but it did take a while for me to come to terms with it after facing four rejections last year. You'll be big, bad, sexy re-applicants, and the universities will love you

I don't know about the others, but I'd say the work experience that I gained over the past eight months has been some of the most useful. I've managed to learn a lot more from it than before, vastly improving my technical knowledge and making it even more enjoyable. This made my interview a lot nicer, because I could really talk about some of subjects they'd brought up without me writing about it in my statement.
    If you do need to resit any exams and you're focussed, you'll find it a lot better. You'll have more time, it's stuff you already partially know and your workload will be much less as you won't have the other subjects to worry about.

I remember so well getting my final rejection from the RVC. I knew I was going to reapply, I knew I was going to do everything it took, so all I could really think was "I get to go travelling. Fair enough". And now I really can't wait until June 30th when I set off for the States, to come back and then start at Bristol. Make it a positive gap year, and it'll make all the difference.

This time last year, there were a lot of us in your shoes. It's only one extra year and you stand a much better shot of getting what you really want. Don't hate on the gap year, it's a blessing in disguise

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.