Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Thank you . Wasn't expecting it.
    its a perfect situation, offer for vetmed and a ccc backup which is essentialy vet med. you should be well proud :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    Ahhh I ahvent read back through here yet and missed a few days, had no idea you had got a liverpool offer! Congratulations bet your over the moon! what you going to do!? xxx
    Get annoyed, cause I asked her the same question already. xD
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Ahhh I ahvent read back through here yet and missed a few days, had no idea you had got a liverpool offer! Congratulations bet your over the moon! what you going to do!? xxx
    :p: Well. I don't mind answering again. Yes, it does essentially put me in the perfect position.. exam wise and choices wise. . Got the liverpool offer friday. I'm not sure where I'll choose yet to be honest, but my intention was perhaps, one firm, lincoln insurance, but yet I love the nottingham course, so we'll see. Depends on my other offers. :woo:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Get annoyed, cause I asked her the same question already. xD
    Would you go to rvc or lincoln if the choice? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    :p: Well. I don't mind answering again. Yes, it does essentially put me in the perfect position.. exam wise and choices wise. . Got the liverpool offer friday. I'm not sure where I'll choose yet to be honest, but my intention was perhaps, one firm, lincoln insurance, but yet I love the nottingham course, so we'll see. Depends on my other offers. :woo:
    That sounds like a good plan and then your secure Nottingham course is amazing, Yes does deinfatly depend on what else you get offered!

ReputationRep:
    Would you go to rvc or lincoln if the choice? :woo:
    London is expensive. I'd most probably die of starvation during the first few weeks. I have a few friends living in London, RVC reputation is fantastic you can work in North America if you graduate from there and I always wanted to travel a little, I talked to people on the Gateway during the interview and they said it is very, very good.

Nottingham is like my little heaven on earth place. I've been there on a summer school for potential vets, it's cheaper and people will most probably be very interested in you when it comes to employment since it's the newest vet school. I love the practicality of the place and absolutely love the SB campus. It's cheaper to live there as well.

If I'll get an offer from RVC as well, I'm gonna have to make a list for adv and disadv for both places, put both names in a mad hatter hat, shake it, close my eyes and choose. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    omg look at all the cats :eek:
    http://www.wimp.com/housescats/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    Woooow! I wonder if she lets them breed and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    London is expensive. I'd most probably die of starvation during the first few weeks. I have a few friends living in London, RVC reputation is fantastic you can work in North America if you graduate from there and I always wanted to travel a little, I talked to people on the Gateway during the interview and they said it is very, very good.

Nottingham is like my little heaven on earth place. I've been there on a summer school for potential vets, it's cheaper and people will most probably be very interested in you when it comes to employment since it's the newest vet school. I love the practicality of the place and absolutely love the SB campus. It's cheaper to live there as well.

If I'll get an offer from RVC as well, I'm gonna have to make a list for adv and disadv for both places, put both names in a mad hatter hat, shake it, clo

se my eyes and choose. :woo:

Loving the mad hatter hat idea awesome! Liking your thinking! Come linc/notts you know you want too lol Where will you stay at Riseholme? or lincoln? So nervewracking all of this!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    Woah! that is a lot of cats¬!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I have decided I want Rachel McAdams (as a brunette). She'll get over the age difference in time, and we'll be happy :yep:

As others have mentioned, get feedback. As long as you can improve your application, and as long as your desire remains strong, you can keep reapplying.
    If you think you've given it your best shot, that nothing can improve and you still don't get in; well, maybe that's a time to really reconsider. But until then, as long as it's realistic, don't let anything stop you.
    No I know I can do better. And definitely haven't and will not be giving up. My self-esteems just taken a major knock after this coz I thought the interview went well, altho it was my first ever uni interview so I dunno. With more work exp etc I know I'll get there...just didn't plan on spending another 12 months living at home...its not ideal to say the least. I need my independence...but I need to be a vet more haha x

ReputationRep:
    Loving the mad hatter hat idea awesome! Liking your thinking! Come linc/notts you know you want too lol Where will you stay at Riseholme? or lincoln? So nervewracking all of this!?
    I don't like the fact that RVC's campus where we'd have most of the lectures is in Camden Town and it's soooo crowded there. I don't like London overall, I mean I lived there for a while and the tube was killing me every single time. I felt like my life was coming to an end every single day. TOO MANY PEOPLE! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    Since Nottingham and RVC are so different, I don't think I suit the RVC style. I mean the interviews were incredibly different and even though I think I've done well in the RVC one, I don't think I suit the place. But we'll see what'll happen.

I don't know where I'm gonna live. :woo: The offer pack they send us does not include that many info. I'd be having a nervous breakdown very soon. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the fact that RVC's campus where we'd have most of the lectures is in Camden Town and it's soooo crowded there. I don't like London overall, I mean I lived there for a while and the tube was killing me every single time. I felt like my life was coming to an end every single day. TOO MANY PEOPLE! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    Since Nottingham and RVC are so different, I don't think I suit the RVC style. I mean the interviews were incredibly different and even though I think I've done well in the RVC one, I don't think I suit the place. But we'll see what'll happen.

I don't know where I'm gonna live. :woo: The offer pack they send us does not include that many info. I'd be having a nervous breakdown very soon. :woo:
    i think you have an applicant open day in april-may time. if you go to it id advise you to speak to a lot of people and gain a lot of info about the place and where you think its best to stay. when do you hear from RVC?

ReputationRep:

Its all so confusing pro and cons lists are always good idea!
    Well Skatealexia just told me we could stay at the lincoln uni and then we can have non catered en suite rooms and get a 3 min bus to the college for lectures, otherwise we will be on the riseholme campus with shared bathroms and food provided. No idea need some advice from someone who has been through the lincoln certificate!

ReputationRep:
    I think you should re apply! I did the BTEC national diploma, and I was rejected last year, and took a year out, I had finished college and had no idea what to do, and couldnt hack living with my mum really, I love her too bits but sometimes just need my own space! So I finished college got rejected contacted all the unis and got Feedback which was vital!!! I then did everything they asked and more, I worked in a cafe to get some money and then did lots of work exp, at lots of different places! and fortunatly it has paid off as I got my offer. So dont give up (And im 21 in 9 days so no worries about age, I know someone who started training at 34 - and have heard of people doing it much later in life!) And dont give up on Bristol? I only heard from Bristol on Friday for an interview this wednesday!
    Have you thought about doing post grad? do another degree (contact the vet school and ask which ones they will accept with what grades) with the aim of then going onto vet sci, or doing more work experience and then doing evening course A levels.There are tonnes of options and you will get there! And be awesome :yes: :yes:
    Yeah Im tempted...not sure about the post-grad thing tho. Ive got unconditionals for zoology so cud firm them now if I wanted but Ive convinced myself I dont want to do it plus its so expensive to do veterinary as a post-grad Id never be able to afford it.
    As for Bristol thats well short notice :O good tho. If they do offer me an interview I reck Id struggle to get there financially and getting time off work for it but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
    Thanks everyone for all your help....everyone Ive spoken to has said take another year out and reapply. my mums not so sure tho... so its a tricky one considerin she'd have to put up with me for another year hahaha =) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    I need my independence...but I need to be a vet more haha x
    :yes: im liking the use of the word "need" maybe thats how everyone should look at it... i dont just want to be a vet, I need to be one! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    i think you have an applicant open day in april-may time. if you go to it id advise you to speak to a lot of people and gain a lot of info about the place and where you think its best to stay. when do you hear from RVC?
    We're supposed to hear at the very end of march, so in about 2 weeks. That's what it was like for people last year, so most probably same this year as well.

Hey, how about u tell us a bit about the course? :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Its all so confusing pro and cons lists are always good idea!
    Well Skatealexia just told me we could stay at the lincoln uni and then we can have non catered en suite rooms and get a 3 min bus to the college for lectures, otherwise we will be on the riseholme campus with shared bathroms and food provided. No idea need some advice from someone who has been through the lincoln certificate!
    It's easier at Nottingham, you dont have a choice to be self-catered during the 1st year as far as I remember from the campus tour. :woo:

I love cooking and I love shopping for food, but I dont know if I could handle cooking after a whole day of lectures. Especially that well really need to concentrate on passing every unit with min 60%. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Yeah Im tempted...not sure about the post-grad thing tho. Ive got unconditionals for zoology so cud firm them now if I wanted but Ive convinced myself I dont want to do it plus its so expensive to do veterinary as a post-grad Id never be able to afford it.
    As for Bristol thats well short notice :O good tho. If they do offer me an interview I reck Id struggle to get there financially and getting time off work for it but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it.
    Thanks everyone for all your help....everyone Ive spoken to has said take another year out and reapply. my mums not so sure tho... so its a tricky one considerin she'd have to put up with me for another year hahaha =) x
    I really think you should at least give it one more years chance, is this the first year you've applied, and dont give up yet as you still have a good chance for this year! You could do what i did and get some paid work and rent a room in a shared house for the year and then fill every other living minute fo your life with work exp lol.
    I was worried about cost of post grad but apparantly there is funding you can find and bursaries for second degrees to make it more affordable.
    You just got to do whats best for you, only you know how much you want it and realistically how mcuh you can do/put up with at home etc;
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    It's easier at Nottingham, you dont have a choice to be self-catered during the 1st year as far as I remember from the campus tour. :woo:

I love cooking and I love shopping for food, but I dont know if I could handle cooking after a whole day of lectures. Especially that well really need to concentrate on passing every unit with min 60%. :woo:
    I dont know about linc or notts food but when i was at college the catered halls where very expensive for the food they gave, i would much prefer to be self catered!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.