Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats a spring teaching vacation???

ReputationRep:
    Ugh I hate starting the week feeling exhausted. It does not bode well for the rest of it! On the subject of dissection though, I dissected a uterus at the vets last week, forgot to tell you all.

Young farmers sounds amazing, I'm really jealous. Think I am missing the key element required to be a young farmer though...no farm!

This week is the deadline for my Chem project. After six months of it I can't wait to finally hand it in abd be done with it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Ugh I hate starting the week feeling exhausted. It does not bode well for the rest of it! On the subject of dissection though, I dissected a uterus at the vets last week, forgot to tell you all.

Young farmers sounds amazing, I'm really jealous. Think I am missing the key element required to be a young farmer though...no farm!

This week is the deadline for my Chem project. After six months of it I can't wait to finally hand it in abd be done with it!!
    ooo what did you do ur chem project about?

i went into my vets today to tell them about my liverpool offer, they dragged one of the vets out his his consult so he could hug me! lol
    and i went to school to tell my teachers, apparently i made their day

ReputationRep:

you don't need to be from a farming background to join young farmers.
    well that's my understanding of it anyway.

ReputationRep:
    My secondary school had a farm and i used to be in young farmers through that, damn peer pressure caused me to quit in year 9, wish i hadn't!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    ooo what did you do ur chem project about?

i went into my vets today to tell them about my liverpool offer, they dragged one of the vets out his his consult so he could hug me! lol
    and i went to school to tell my teachers, apparently i made their day
    Synthesis and analysis of paracetamol, and analysis of acid, vitamin c and pH of three different fruit juices to make a flu drink. The thing is a mission, it is something like 120 pages long!

When my mum came to pick me up and she told me about my Bristol offer I got a hug off my vet. I had just been with him all afternoon chatting about how my interview went, he was so excited for me! I love having nice vets!

ReputationRep:
    Synthesis and analysis of paracetamol, and analysis of acid, vitamin c and pH of three different fruit juices to make a flu drink. The thing is a mission, it is something like 120 pages long!

When my mum came to pick me up and she told me about my Bristol offer I got a hug off my vet. I had just been with him all afternoon chatting about how my interview went, he was so excited for me! I love having nice vets!
    i wanted to do one on paracetemol but our teacher said everyone in the class had to do a different one so i ended up writing like 100 pages about vitamin c and the effect of heat treatment on orange juice... o the joys of chem :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I ended up doing my investigation on yoghurt. Yummm.
    I wouldn't be able to tell you what the point of it was though, it was horrendous lol.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, terrible day at sixth form. On the plus side, I have a week at Chessington zoo confirmed in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    Awww bless, this is exactly how I feel. I desperately wanted to go to Nottingham so that I could either stay in my house now or convince my boyfriend to move 30 miles.
    That is not an option now! But if I get in to Liverpool, I cannot get him to move to the other side of the country. I want to be a vet sooooo badly but I chose to have other responsibilities like getting my dog and my cat and I really don't want to shirk those.
    My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but I'm adamant that I don't want to go into halls, I've been to university before and I loved the atmosphere but that's not me anymore. I want to keep my nice little house and family but still be a vet!!!
    I think I might be totally on my own with that though!!
    Hey, no ur not alone.. at least I dnt think u r! Lots of grad applicants are in our shoes.. I think its understandable that once u'v done halls and freshers etc. once , u'v dont have that burning desire to do it all over again.. and the older u get the more commitments u have to deal with, be they financial/relationship/pets !!

On thing i am really looking forward to though- is meeting other vet students! - i love that about uni. ur constantly in such a stimulating environment and u meet such amazing ppl!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    Okay thats good advice, I think I might go for halls maybe just need to decide where, riseholm or lincoln, i think maybe lincoln as i dont want caterd food lol, !?
    House share is risky. If u dont get the right people then it could spoil a lot for u. :woo:
    Im most likely to go into halls, well, kinda almost certain. Id go for self catered ones only if I had it guaranteed that the only thing I had to do, was cook and not shop for food! :woo: The death tool in the area would rise very quickly, as Id be most likely to kill every single person who gets in my way in the shops. :woo:

God, how much I hate shopping is unbelievable. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Hey, no ur not alone.. at least I dnt think u r! Lots of grad applicants are in our shoes.. I think its understandable that once u'v done halls and freshers etc. once , u'v dont have that burning desire to do it all over again.. and the older u get the more commitments u have to deal with, be they financial/relationship/pets !!

On thing i am really looking forward to though- is meeting other vet students! - i love that about uni. ur constantly in such a stimulating environment and u meet such amazing ppl!
    Totally agree with that! I can't wait to talk to someone who is obsessed with animals as I am. I'm so sure that I bore everyone I know at the moment. :p:
    I really wish I could take my animals with me to uni, somehow though I don't think housemates would be so willing to have a manic chocolate labrador jumping on them all the time.
    What sort of dog have you got?

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree with that! I can't wait to talk to someone who is obsessed with animals as I am. I'm so sure that I bore everyone I know at the moment. :p:
    I really wish I could take my animals with me to uni, somehow though I don't think housemates would be so willing to have a manic chocolate labrador jumping on them all the time.
    that depends if ur housemates are vetty people i'd love to have a dog around at uni :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha i have a lab too and i want to get another one!

awwww just saw ur pic.. so cute.. looks just like mine

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to leave my dog behind

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to Australia for nearly four months on Sunday, don't know how I'll cope without seeing my dogs for that long!!

ReputationRep:
    It was really hard to leave my cats behind, and my bird. It's a shame, because I wasn't expecting to get into vet school so I thought I could stay and look after the bird at home. But now I'm here (very glad I'm here) and the bird is essentially being ignored by my family, who I thought would interact with her quite a bit more than what is actually happening. So I'm trying to find her a new home atm (would love to take her next year but she's way too noisy sometimes - it would probably only take one episode of squawking for someone to complain).
    Anyone want a cockatiel? Lol.

On another note, me and my flatmates may be getting rats next year. The good thing about them is that they don't make nearly the level of noise that my cockatiel does, and apparently we're allowed anything smaller than a cat.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, found a (blurry) pic of her. She's adorable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    this is random
    but my friend today was talking about his friend who went to lincoln to do the vet med cert this year
    is your name adeel???
    if so...small worlddd!

xx

ReputationRep:
    whats a spring teaching vacation LDvet? also could u post some info about EMS, like what EMS you do and when its usually done? and is there requirements like number of sheep on a farm for lambing, number of cows for dairy farm?? any info would be great

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.