Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Yes, you can. I just think that 1 week of dairy is compulsory (I planned to do 2 weeks dairy hence why I said dairy instead of cattle). :P
    awesome, 4 weeks dairy for me then :p: ill use my 2 weeks of own choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Did you do any work experience there at all? I've not been there in years and years. I can barely remember it. I'm staying with my godmother who is very conveniently in Cherstey
    nope, never actually been there.
    oh right, thats lucky.
    chertsey is quite close to hannah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    awesome, 4 weeks dairy for me then :p: ill use my 2 weeks of own choice
    Haha cool. Btw if you do only cats or only dogs for your 1 week of cats/dogs, you have to use 1 week of free choice for whatever you didn't work with. So it's best to do both in the one week.
    I'm so excited about my free choice!

FV, do you know what you're doing for your free choice yet?

EDIT: So, you're thinking of coming to the **** Vet then? Well, that would be awesome if you firmed it. Because the **** Vet rules! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Haha cool. Btw if you do only cats or only dogs for your 1 week of cats/dogs, you have to use 1 week of free choice for whatever you didn't work with. So it's best to do both in the one week.

EDIT: So, you're thinking of coming to the **** Vet then? Well, that would be awesome if you firmed it. Because the **** Vet rules! :woo:
    i did my kennel and cattery work experience separatly, will have to find a place with both

yes im 99% sure ill be coming to edinburgh :yep: im just waiting for bristol to reject me because if i withdraw ill always wonder :rolleyes:
    bristol was however my first choice last year and as i live in Devon the location is most ideal, i want to work in the SW when i graduate, and most of my EMS will be done in Devon (hopefully) BUT i love edinburgh and the facilities at EB are soooo much more impresive than at bristol :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)

So would you have to find somewhere with both cats and dogs, or could you do say days cattery and 3 days kennels? Not that I might that much, my cattery was so lovely I think I'll go back there for a week anyway, then find some kennels separately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    So would you have to find somewhere with both cats and dogs, or could you do say days cattery and 3 days kennels? Not that I might that much, my cattery was so lovely I think I'll go back there for a week anyway, then find some kennels separately.
    it will prob be different for every uni anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    it will prob be different for every uni anyway :rolleyes:
    Maybe, I wasn't sure if it the rules were set by the RCVS or the different unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Well, it might be different for other unis, but here we have to do the whole week at a joint dog/cat unit. - ie it has to be both a kennels/cattery but obviously you might work for some days mainly in the cattery part, some days in the kennels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Well, it might be different for other unis, but here we have to do the whole week at a joint dog/cat unit. - ie it has to be both a kennels/cattery but obviously you might work for some days mainly in the cattery part, some days in the kennels.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's so good, I hadn't thought about going back to old work ex places! I can't wait to go back to a couple of my farms

Seriously should have joined young farmers then, I think I missed out there! Bit late now I guess

ReputationRep:
    No problem.
    Now, back to immunology/bacteriology/essay etc. Argh!

Btw, does anyone know anything about global warming? Haha because I don't, and yet we have to do an essay on infectious diseases and global warming/climate change. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    do bluetongue and the increase in temperature creates a more ideal habitat for midges that spread it??

ReputationRep:
    Well, apparently climate change in the UK = milder/wetter winters so I imagine that it'll be easier for midges to spread BT etc, yep. One more reason to hate the wee things lol. I still have scars from midge bites I got on D of E 2 years ago, ouch!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    hello

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    I totally want another one as well, but that just adds to the responsibility!!!
    He loves other dogs and I think he gets a bit lonely without another one to play with. When he's older, we'll probably breed him (if I haven't chopped his nads off by then) and then keep one of the puppies.

By the way, I don't make him wear clothes all the time, I was preparing him for getting his England shirt on for the World Cup! He actually liked wearing the T-shirt a bit too much. Silly dog..
    same situation with my dog! he is so playful and happy when he meets other dogs in the park! maybe we should introduce our dogs to eachother! how old is urs? Bondie (mine) is 1 year and 6 month

(Original post by LDVet)
    No problem.

Btw, does anyone know anything about global warming? Haha because I don't, and yet we have to do an essay on infectious diseases and global warming/climate change. :yep:
    I'm sure cattle farting all day long - eating vegetation which would ordinarily be soaking up co2 and respiring to add more co2 to the atmosphere arnt doing global warming any favours lol!

BTW i used to have a cockatoo too- they are amazing animals!

ReputationRep:
    do bluetongue and the increase in temperature creates a more ideal habitat for midges that spread it??
    To add to this you could say how breeds of sheep and such from Africa have become fairly immune to BT, and how in the future these breds are likely to either become more popular in countries and climates like ourselves or new breeds will b developed using them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    No problem.

how can you not know anything about global warming, we has to learn about it in biology, chemistry and geography! Sooo boring!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    To add to this you could say how breeds of sheep and such from Africa have become fairly immune to BT, and how in the future these breds are likely to either become more popular in countries and climates like ourselves or new breeds will b developed using them.
    And as a further extension you could mention African Horse Sickness. Midge-borne, just like Bluetongue. Does that fact that we've seen cases of BTV mean we should be expecting and outbreak of AHS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    how can you not know anything about global warming, we has to learn about it in biology, chemistry and geography! Sooo boring!
    Well, we did do a tinyyyyyy bit in AH Bio, but it didn't come up too much in exams. :P I know a wee bit, but not enough to base an essay on!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    nope, never actually been there.
    oh right, thats lucky.
    chertsey is quite close to hannah
    without meaning to sound like a stalker, i'm sure you said you'd arranged a week's work experience there at some point...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.