Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome: Aetiology and Pathogenesis"

Just got my presentation title too. Dear lord, this is going to be interesting!

ReputationRep:
    sorry to mention this...again, but where on earth do you get work experience for rabbits?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jquinlan3)
    sorry to mention this...again, but where on earth do you get work experience for rabbits?
    I think it's really more small mammals so pet shops would probably be OK, but they specifically mention rabbits and guinea pigs as the "main" ones we should try to work with. I'm going to a country park as I said, so there are quite a few options. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizopear)
    without meaning to sound like a stalker, i'm sure you said you'd arranged a week's work experience there at some point...
    i was gonna go there february last year but my grandad died so i didnt, but i forgot to actually cancel. i emailed them a few months later asking for work exp but they never replied so i gave up.

theres actually a rabbit and guinea-pig sanctuary in surrey somewhere

ReputationRep:
    The zoo I volunteered at had a "pets corner" area, wouldn't want to spend a whole week there though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, anybody doing Chemistry A level salters kno any good revision courses? It seems impossible to find one that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money (n I'm talking 900 quid!) cos its such a random course. No clu how I'll get the grades for vet med without some kinda help!

ReputationRep:
    near where i live theres a boarding place just for rabbits and guinea pigs!

(Original post by zoop)
    Hey guys, anybody doing Chemistry A level salters kno any good revision courses? It seems impossible to find one that doesn't cost a ridiculous amount of money (n I'm talking 900 quid!) cos its such a random course. No clu how I'll get the grades for vet med without some kinda help!
    i dont know about courses but i found this website veeeery useful
    http://www.4college.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    same situation with my dog! he is so playful and happy when he meets other dogs in the park! maybe we should introduce our dogs to eachother! how old is urs? Bondie (mine) is 1 year and 6 month
    My dog's name is so silly. He is called Rambo! He's just over 2 years old. An absolute numpty and a total mummy's boy. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    does anybody know of any smaller zoos that don't get booked up for work experience so fast? i'm finding it impossible to find a zoo placement :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)

I actually love this website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    No problem.
    Now, back to immunology/bacteriology/essay etc. Argh!

Btw, does anyone know anything about global warming? Haha because I don't, and yet we have to do an essay on infectious diseases and global warming/climate change. :yep:
    Another climate change/infectious diseases example is the location and prevalence of malaria may change as the planet warms up. There are a good few papers published with models of how the distribution will change. (although I think all of the papers I've seen focused on the prevalence of human malaria)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I had the malaria point scribbed down but I can only seem to find things about human malaria. I've just started, so obviously I'll have another closer look. :P *sigh* Thank you everyone for the points btw!
    But last year they had an essay about TB and badgers. What a gift!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)

Thank u! Yeh have seen that before, is brill. My teacher loved Doc Brown's website...its awful! He highlights everything n puits all the writing in big green letters. Not nice.

Still looking for a course or something if anyone has any ideas. Know there's some people on here who are doing Salters too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    My dog's name is so silly. He is called Rambo!
    Snap :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Snap :rolleyes:
    Our golden cockrel was called rambo. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    My dog's name is so silly. He is called Rambo! He's just over 2 years old. An absolute numpty and a total mummy's boy. :yep:

I have a female cat called Brian. Now THAT is silly... She's wicked though. Couldn't be called anything else.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Humph I reckon we need some offers around here. It's been a dull day! Come on vet schools, we need some good news.

ReputationRep:
    Well....................only 16 days til we will all have heard from everywhere :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Yeah, I had the malaria point scribbed down but I can only seem to find things about human malaria. I've just started, so obviously I'll have another closer look. :P *sigh* Thank you everyone for the points btw!
    But last year they had an essay about TB and badgers. What a gift!
    We've just seen a list of integrated DSE (basically DSE but we integrate anatomy, physiology, parasitology, pharmacology and animal health and husbandry into it) topics we get to choose from, they included things like:
    - bones,
    - renal system
    - locomotion
    - chimpanzees and gorillas
    - taste and smell
    - stereotypies
    - bovine TB in cattle and badgers
    - animal navigation
    - taste and smell
    I can't believe how broad some of the topics are?!

ReputationRep:
    Jeezo, those are pretty broad topics! Haha I'll stop complaining now.

EDIT: Rambo is a cool name, never heard a pet being called that before!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.