Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the vets all said a similar thing to me, because I asked whether Bristol was a good vet school, and they said it goes in cycles. By the time we all graduate it will probably be back up there, and another vet school might be going downhill, you just can't tell. People who are lucky enough to have more than one offer should consider other, more important factors such as where they want to live for the next 5/6 years etc, above league tables in my opinion! I think league tables are a useful resource, but come into their own more with a subject like Economics or Chemistry, or something which is taught at an awful lot more Unis.

ReputationRep:
    all vet schools are awesome so we are sorted

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd be able to stop my mum coming with me, not because I need the support but because she loves having a nosy around and chatting to everyone lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    I don't think I'd be able to stop my mum coming with me, not because I need the support but because she loves having a nosy around and chatting to everyone lol
    haha i always thought my mum would be really nosy but she said and i quote "i wouldnt want to cramp your style" :rofl:

ReputationRep:

Too true! I had already been round RVC a few times but my mum insisted on doing the tour again. She loves it......she is also very chatty and likes talking to the other parents. I always think the parents look waaaay more nervous than the students.

ReputationRep:
    my mum came to bristol last year cos i was staying overnight and didnt want to on my own and she just sat reading a book while i talked to someone i knew, i was just like 'whats the point in you being here?' so this year i went on my own. much better

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    my mum came to bristol last year cos i was staying overnight and didnt want to on my own and she just sat reading a book while i talked to someone i knew, i was just like 'whats the point in you being here?' so this year i went on my own. much better
    anna, if you got a liverpool offer, would you pick it over bristol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    anna, if you got a liverpool offer, would you pick it over bristol?
    yes :yep:
    when i got my bristol offer i was still undecided, but typically since then i've decided i'd rather go to liverpool.
    highly unlikely i'll get an offer now though

ReputationRep:
    just wondering... if you are a graduate why did you go with your mum to your interview?
    Whats wrong with that!! Surely thats a good thing- you can still be close to your parents once you leave school you knw!!??

ReputationRep:
    yes :yep:
    when i got my bristol offer i was still undecided, but typically since then i've decided i'd rather go to liverpool.
    highly unlikely i'll get an offer now though
    Don't say that! I'm gagging for one. I'm hanging on to the hope...:o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    Don't say that! I'm gagging for one. I'm hanging on to the hope...:o:
    they havent given out offers for people interviewed in march yet, i was interviewed in january
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I think Liverpool have a certain interviews cut off score. If you get below that score they hold you til all the interviews are done and then offer out he remaining places to the best of these people!

That is my theory. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    I think Liverpool have a certain interviews cut off score. If you get below that score they hold you til all the interviews are done and then offer out he remaining places to the best of these people!

That is my theory. xD
    I'm pretty sure that theory is right, not looking good for me seeing i was interviewed on the first date :/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm pretty sure that theory is right, not looking good for me seeing i was interviewed on the first date :/
    Nooo by my theory they just stick all the borderlines in a pile and then are probably loking at them now ish. :P

I assume there will be an influx of rejections and acceptances of all you guys on the same day, whatever interview date.

Probably me too! Lol. I quite want liverpool as my back up choice and london as my firm. But not heard from either yet ahhhh.

ReputationRep:
    liverpool must give out ALOT of offers, seems to me theyve only given out a few handfuls.....

i seriously hope bristol hurry up, over 4 months waiting for a rejection.. GRRR!!!!! :mad:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Lol, **** Vet still makes me giggle. And the fact the clinical campus is Easter Bush. *cough*
    I'm totally mature. :d

ReputationRep:
    just wondering... if you are a graduate why did you go with your mum to your interview?
    I'm 25 and also left home years ago and I took my mum to my bristol interview, she's supported me the whole time, it means almost as much to her as it does to me that I get in! I was gutted when she couldn't make it to the RVC with me, first thing I did after was call my mum. Mums rule!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    why do i bother with this forum, who negged me this time about brining a lamb home with me? there are some saddos on this site :rolleyes: I hope I dont end in the same uni as you! (which I doubt very much anyway)

Lush day today, but we need raiiin, no food for our sheep, grass is burnt, and they don't eat hay or cake because their not used to it!!

Our dogs have boring names..my rambs are called Ezra and Seb though, love their names!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    why do i bother with this forum, who negged me this time about brining a lamb home with me? there are some saddos on this site :rolleyes: I hope I dont end in the same uni as you! (which I doubt very much anyway)

Lush day today, but we need raiiin, no food for our sheep, grass is burnt, and they don't eat hay or cake because their not used to it!!

Our dogs have boring names..my rambs are called Ezra and Seb though, love their names!
    why do people keep negging you!!! its getting silly now, they clearly dont understand that you have sheep at home anyway so taking a lamb home isnt ridiculous... stoopid people

ReputationRep:
    There are some serious lurkers on here who are doing so much negging! I can't understand why! Man up and leave a name/reason at least :p:

It's gorgeous outside today, really warm. So naturally I am stuck inside doing my Chem coursework :mad:

And Rachel I think you will get a full house. The last interview date is tomorrow (GOOD LUCK for anyone with that date!) so on-holders should know either way pretty soon!

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.