Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    Lol, **** Vet still makes me giggle. And the fact the clinical campus is Easter Bush. *cough*
    I'm totally mature. :d
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    To everyone stressing about not having a liverpool offer yet...
    I just went thru the 2009 thread and they gave out loads of offers on march 30th and a couple on march 26th so all is not lost yet!!!

ReputationRep:
    I am stressing. BIG TIME!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    I am stressing. BIG TIME!!!
    got my fingers (and toes) crossed for you :p: especially coz its liverpool and its blatantly the best uni... or so my vets said yesterday and im inclined to agree with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    morning guys.. loving the dog talk today

hey i was wondering what you guys think about the various university league tables for veterinary med.?

I cant seem to get my head round them.... they all seem to have completely different orders.. and RVC is second last on the times one!!?? I try not to take much notice of them.. coz i knw they change like the weather- but i cant help it!!! lol

As everyone has probably said, you need to take the league tables with a pinch of salt, because all of the universities are good universities and it's so subjective. I don't know how RVC can be second last on any league table, because it is brilliant and I don't really know anyone who thinks otherwise. Some people don't like London or they don't like the gender ratio, but that obviously doesn't not affect the quality of teaching. Plus, I don't see how Notts can even be judged yet because (although the facilities are very good and it's obviously going to get RCVS accreditation) it hasn't produced any graduates yet, no one knows if they are going to be incompetent or omnipotent supervets :p: I don't really pay attention to any of the league tables, personally. They are all good and everyone will love wherever they end up.

I had a lovely day today and I feel more positive. My moodswings are crazy :p:

ReputationRep:
    hi just wondering how lincoln people found out about there offers and if any rejections have been given yet for lincoln? My friend had an interview there and she asked me if i knew about anybody who had heard and how, but my memory is really **** and i cant find it now so was just wondering if anyone can help?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    LOL

Yep. 20 years old. I'm ashamed. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    bristol rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    bristol rejection
    that sucks.
    seems like theyve started going through the on-holders then

ReputationRep:
    bristol rejection
    sorry to hear it but fingers crossed for the others instead!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caraghk123)
    My ratties are called Galaxy and Misty. Not amazingly original! Haha
    They are cuties though.
    Come when they are called, galaxy will jump through bangles on command, and I did teach her to play fetch xD (But she prefers to scarper off with the food instead) They also know 'NO!' and are trained to never climb off the sofa when im in my lounge, so they'll happily watch TV with me for an hour.
    Awww, I love rats, i had two rats during uni called Timmy and Henry.. They were so clever! And I loved how freaked out everyone was by them ...they're dead now tho

When they died I got my rabbit Milo (in my profile) he's a legend
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    hi just wondering how lincoln people found out about there offers and if any rejections have been given yet for lincoln? My friend had an interview there and she asked me if i knew about anybody who had heard and how, but my memory is really **** and i cant find it now so was just wondering if anyone can help?
    Track updated last wednesday. .

ReputationRep:
    bristol rejection
    Bad luck, really sorry to here but at least u have 2 chances left.
    Ahhh, i had my interview in feb, and im on hold...This makes me even more scared...Just did a quick check on emails and ucas...but nothing yet...How and when did u here
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Waiting on bristol and rvc now...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I know they are going through the on holders now. Peter has been rejected (I'm sure he won't mind me saying this) and he was a 2, and so am I! Noooooooo

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear abour bristol rejections

ReputationRep:
    I was a 2 and i got rejected today

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear about the rejections What time were they sent out? I'm going crazy from checking track/email. I'm a 2, so I'm pretty much guaranteed a rejection

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I had a lovely day today and I feel more positive. My moodswings are crazy :p:
    Seriously... Don't mention mood swings. I don't know what it is at the moment, I'm like an emotional wreck. Haha. My grandad is seriously ill. And has been given a prognosis of 2 months. Which coincides directly with exams. So that's bummed me out big time despite the fact that we've known it's coming for the past year or so. My epileptic dog keeps fitting so is in at the vets at the moment. My grades were pretty *****. I've had 2 rejections. My best friend fell with his horse on sunday whilst jumping, the horse landed on its neck and had to be shot.
    So this stupidly bad week has worn me down totally. But I seem to be able to go from a crying wreck, to my normal happy, bubbly self in a matter of minutes. Haha. It's tiring though.

I just went for a run with my dog, and she jumped in a puddle which happened to be deeper than she is tall. Funniest thing I've seen in ages. but it was really clay-y so now I have to bath her. Which is always a mission and a half. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about the bristol rejections
    If you're a 2, I'd suggest emailing them to ask why, and ask if you're on the waiting list for offers given out on Results day, cos that's how I got my offer!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.