The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
steph_v
Yeah, I don't think they have finished rejected. Maybe they are waiting until after tomorrow's interviews? Did you ask for feedback?

No i didnt, i was too scared just in case i was disappointed with what they had to say...I left them with a book of references, so fingers crossed that will sway them, but tbh i think its a long shot for me this year. did u ask for feedback (ive just added you on facebook).
Reply 3301
Annaconda
every time i see hat you've posted i get worried incase you've been rejected

Haha, I'll probably be too upset to work a computer when it happens :p: I'm really hoping they can't give any more out today.

JoMC
No i didnt, i was too scared just in case i was disappointed with what they had to say...I left them with a book of references, so fingers crossed that will sway them, but tbh i think its a long shot for me this year. did u ask for feedback (ive just added you on facebook).

Yes I did and I'm a 2, and I know that a few 2s have been rejected! :frown:
I left a book of references too, every little helps.
JoMC i wud think its a good thing u havtn heard, people from yr date have been rejected.. i geuss theyll see how many "exceptional" people they get tomorrow and go from there :s-smilie:
JoMC u just added me on FB and me have a mutual friend NOT from tsr :p: wow
oaktrees

Sorry, I jsut wanted to ask you something about Chem Cw. You do OCR Salters, right?
For my (aspirin) coursework, in the analysis section I've explained the limitations of each of my procedures and looked at the accuracy of them, then done a little conclusion on how good the method appears to be. In the Evaluation, I've done the percentage uncertainties of all the equipment I used, then another conclusion on why I think colorimetry is the best method etc. The evaluation seems really short and crappy; is there anything else that you put in yours? I guess I should put in how I could have made it better, but we've been told not to include things we could have done in the course of the experiment but for some reason didn't; and as far as I can see this doesn't really leave anything else.

Reply 3305
Just a quick q - how long did it take people to travel to liverpool by train from london? Have been looking at train fairs & they're so expensive!
Reply 3306
And did anyone stay overnight at Liv?
zoop
Just a quick q - how long did it take people to travel to liverpool by train from london? Have been looking at train fairs & they're so expensive!

I travelled from Oxford and it took about 3 hours. Do you have a railcard? You get 1/3rd off if you get one.
Reply 3308
zoop

It took me like 3 hours ish.
Anyone know of any good gap year stuff to do in Europe, i wanna do something relatively cheap (well compared to going to America or something) whether its like work experience or a surfing holiday! haha, i only just thought about that surfing could be cool :P
6 hours from devon :s-smilie: hahahaa
Reply 3311
ClaireW2708
Sorry, I jsut wanted to ask you something about Chem Cw. You do OCR Salters, right?...)

Sorry to invade, But I'm on salters too. Doing my c/w on Urease and Urea enzyme reaction. In my evaluation and analysis, I've done basically the same as you. But going through the mark scheme, it seems you can't get the full 6 marks unless you descirbe how you could have improved the method. As long as you show that you have adapted it as you've gone along anyway, there would still be things you could have changed but didn't. And it's fine to include these things. For example, I used a pH meter which only read to 1 decimal place. And easy ammendment for me was to use a more accurate one. But we don't have one at school, so obviously it was impossible for me to do this. But at least you are showing that you're aware of the limitations and how you COULD have improved them. x
Reply 3312
zoop i stayed over night.
travel lodge is like a 10 min walk from the campus
steph_v
It took me like 3 hours ish.

Make sure you book early as the prices start to rise when it gets closer to the date if you do train it :smile:

Edit: one of the times i went to liverpool i wasnt sure wat time i was going and ended up paying triple the price cause i left it so late :frown: bad times
Reply 3314
Nopz don't have a railcard - need to work out if its worth getting one. Tis all v expensive. Well I'm just majorly skint :wink: Anybody stay anywhere overnight?
Reply 3315
Yeh mine interview is the 24th, only found out on Fri and was lambing over the wknd so ticks are pretty high. Thanks Emma, will try that. Holidy inn had no availablity dead shocked!
Reply 3316
zoop
Nopz don't have a railcard - need to work out if its worth getting one. Tis all v expensive. Well I'm just majorly skint :wink: Anybody stay anywhere overnight?

Do get a railcard! :woo: It's soooo useful! :woo:
Reply 3317
How much are railcards? £20?
Ali-Ace
Sorry to invade, But I'm on salters too. Doing my c/w on Urease and Urea enzyme reaction. In my evaluation and analysis, I've done basically the same as you. But going through the mark scheme, it seems you can't get the full 6 marks unless you descirbe how you could have improved the method. As long as you show that you have adapted it as you've gone along anyway, there would still be things you could have changed but didn't. And it's fine to include these things. For example, I used a pH meter which only read to 1 decimal place. And easy ammendment for me was to use a more accurate one. But we don't have one at school, so obviously it was impossible for me to do this. But at least you are showing that you're aware of the limitations and how you COULD have improved them. x

Thank you :smile:
Mostly the only things I could have improved are just laziness on my part, like I cba to do a 3rd sort of titration, and obviously I can't write that :P
Reply 3319
Thanks guys, travel lodge is booked :wink: Quite excited for all this speed dating =]

Latest

Trending

Trending