Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by zoop)
    Thanks guys, travel lodge is booked Quite excited for all this speed dating =]
    Best of luck hehe.
    I personally really enjoyed the interview. Was alot easier than my RVC one. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    daaaaaaaaaaaaam got rejected from liverpool last week and bristol today :'( x

ReputationRep:
    Were you rejected from Liv before/after interview becky?

Really sorry to hear of the rejections guys, hang in there the rest of you, I'm rooting for you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky90009)
    daaaaaaaaaaaaam got rejected from liverpool last week and bristol today :'( x
    Sorry to hear that When were you interviewed for Bristol? Do you have anywhere else left to hear from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Just a quick q - how long did it take people to travel to liverpool by train from london? Have been looking at train fairs & they're so expensive!
    2hrs 8 mins on the direct train

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampanache)
    Anyone know of any good gap year stuff to do in Europe, i wanna do something relatively cheap (well compared to going to America or something) whether its like work experience or a surfing holiday! haha, i only just thought about that surfing could be cool :P
    go onto workaway.info if ur looking for something affordable, basically have a look through all the hosts and then if you wanna contact tthem you pay a fee, about £20 i think and then you get all the details etc. Its an amazing scheme coz all you do is pay for ur transport there ie flights and they give you accomodation and food in exchange for ur work
    i used this website to book my trip to canada!!! and im going for a month to work at a huge fancy stables im soooo excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    In evaluation I also briefly talked about the equipment I chose to use, and why it was a good thing I chose it, i.e. burettes over glass measuring cylinders etc. But every school seems to do it a little differently, so you may well already have this in another section. I also talked about how reliable my observations were. I'm a bit stuck now tbh, I think I have finished but it doesn't feel as good as it could be, and I don't know how to improve it. We are handing in our final version on Friday, so no more help from the teacher!

Alice, where did you get the mark scheme from? I'm going to search for one on the internet now, that would be a useful thing to read!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Alice, where did you get the mark scheme from? I'm going to search for one on the internet now, that would be a useful thing to read!
    Ummm... I got mine from my teacher. But I'm sure you can get it from teh OCR website.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    No i didnt, i was too scared just in case i was disappointed with what they had to say...I left them with a book of references, so fingers crossed that will sway them, but tbh i think its a long shot for me this year. did u ask for feedback (ive just added you on facebook).
    I emailed for feedback but didn't get a reply wish I had though, at least then i'd have some idea of how it went. I left them with a load of references too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **KSH**)
    I emailed for feedback but didn't get a reply wish I had though, at least then i'd have some idea of how it went. I left them with a load of references too!

Yeah, your interview was at the same time as mine i think
    Fingers crossed ey, afterall no news is good news :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizopear)
    for some reason i was expecting a cat and was a little disappointed to see a picture of a dog...
    Sorry :rolleyes:

But I'm horrified you think a dog so good looking could be a disappointment :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Sorry to hear that When were you interviewed for Bristol? Do you have anywhere else left to hear from?
    yeah i had no interview at liverpool then rejected, but was interviewed at bristol and then rejection, interviewed at edinburgh and rejected, and interviewed at glasgow who have sent me a realy weird letter saying they cudnt offer me a place 'at the moment' but were going to get back to me in may... and nothing has come up next to glasgow on ucas so pretty gutted/confused x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Sorry :rolleyes:

But I'm horrified you think a dog so good looking could be a disappointment :p:
    pfft my dog is much better looking. he is now my profile pic if you wanna see

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    In evaluation I also briefly talked about the equipment I chose to use, and why it was a good thing I chose it, i.e. burettes over glass measuring cylinders etc. But every school seems to do it a little differently, so you may well already have this in another section. I also talked about how reliable my observations were. I'm a bit stuck now tbh, I think I have finished but it doesn't feel as good as it could be, and I don't know how to improve it. We are handing in our final version on Friday, so no more help from the teacher!

Thanks I might do that a bit then, although I did use a measuring cylinder when i shouldn't have, introducing a 5% uncertainty.. oops :o:

ReputationRep:
    People who are considering gap years but dont want another year at home, I cried almost every night for the first few months after i was rejected about being stuck at home when all my friends are off to uni, I hated living at home and told my family regularly how crap it was now im going to australia for 4 months on sunday and its kinda just sunk in that im not going to see my family for ages and im all sad lol I'm finally appreciating my family and leaving them, sighh.l Always want what you cant have

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else in the same situation with me about glasgow??? they said they'd get back to me in MAY? and nothing has come up on ucas track x

ReputationRep:
    I *think* Glasgow put a certain number on hold, then depending on how they're doing for places might give you an offer in may, so it won't say anything on track, cos its not a rejection or an offer, you're technically on hold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    go onto workaway.info if ur looking for something affordable, basically have a look through all the hosts and then if you wanna contact tthem you pay a fee, about £20 i think and then you get all the details etc. Its an amazing scheme coz all you do is pay for ur transport there ie flights and they give you accomodation and food in exchange for ur work
    i used this website to book my trip to canada!!! and im going for a month to work at a huge fancy stables im soooo excited!!!
    Thanks! Ill have a look now . I was gonna go to this animal rescue centre in South America directly through them rather than through a middle man company thing. but then the costs were just too much. I was trying to think how to tell him i couldn't go but then they told me they wernt taking volunteers any more. Win! or so i thought... i just got an e-mail saying that they'd still love to have me. Which means i do have to send the e-mail saying i cant go. Damn them.

ReputationRep:
    Expect RVC decisions ANY time soon =P.

Goood Luckk Alll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    Expect RVC decisions ANY time soon =P.

Goood Luckk Alll!
    Why?
    You too

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.