Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    Expect RVC decisions ANY time soon =P.

Goood Luckk Alll!
    good luck to you aswell

do you somehow know about RVC, or is this a guess?

im sooooo nervous now that i feel ill

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    I *think* Glasgow put a certain number on hold, then depending on how they're doing for places might give you an offer in may, so it won't say anything on track, cos its not a rejection or an offer, you're technically on hold
    yeah thats waht my advisor said...bt i dont really get it.. thats so unfair to make me wait that long then reject me :'( you any idea how many they put on hold? cuase everyone i know has either been rejected or given an offer. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky90009)
    yeah thats waht my advisor said...bt i dont really get it.. thats so unfair to make me wait that long then reject me :'( you any idea how many they put on hold? cuase everyone i know has either been rejected or given an offer. x
    Hmm no sorry I'm not sure how many, but there've been people on here before in the past few years who were put on hold then made an offer, so it's not over yet!! And it's better than being rejected - you're still in with a chance fingers crossed!!

ReputationRep:
    I know Nottingham did a similar thing last year to some people with a sort of late 'waiting list'. Letter end of march saying you were on a waiting list and would hear soon. Then some people were rejected from that within a few weeks, and some of others got letters saying still on a waiting list and took til about the end of april I think for rejections from that.

I guess it is for them to make sure they dont give too many offers out, but will be able to get some more people if they don't have enough people firm their offer. But...drags the whole thing out!!

ReputationRep:
    Ooh yeah forgot that notts do a sort of on-hold list as well, it certainly does drag the whole process out even longer..........but guess it's worth it for those who come out with an offer!!

ReputationRep:
    I was "on-hold" for Glasgow but I didn't wait to see what the outcome was (May, c'mon..). I didn't hear about many other people in that situation though, I was under the impression that there weren't too many people on their waiting list?
    Fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    i just got rejected by bristol, well, at least theyve finally told me seeing as i had my interview in november anyone else the same?

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview in November, I'm on hold and waiting to hear. It seems they rejected lots of people today. Do you know what number you are?

And if we're talking good looking dogs, mine definitely wins, I'll get a picture of her uploaded, she is gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    Expect RVC decisions ANY time soon =P.

Goood Luckk Alll!
    WHAT LOL how do u know!???:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    I was "on-hold" for Glasgow but I didn't wait to see what the outcome was (May, c'mon..). I didn't hear about many other people in that situation though, I was under the impression that there weren't too many people on their waiting list?
    Fingers crossed!
    they didnt actualyl say to me anything about being on hold but thats what i figured it was. yeah same... i hope so... but its gonna frigging suck if they make me wait t his long then reject meee . but its my 1st choice. so did u withdraw ur application? i hope others do so that some spaces free up ! when i first got the letter i thought it was a rejection... but then after 10 weeks of nothing coming up on track i decided it wasnt quite a rejection. the letter is pretty nice.. says like the doors to vet med are by no means closed etc and focus on exams. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jquinlan3)
    i just got rejected by bristol, well, at least theyve finally told me seeing as i had my interview in november anyone else the same?
    sorry to hear that. Ive not had an interview OR heard off them since November. Was doubting if I ever actually applied lol so I emailed them and they emailed me the other day saying they're still considering my application. But Im pretty sure the last interview date is tomorrow and Ive literally heard NOTHING

Message for everyone
    I know this sounds silly, but if you're "on-hold" does this mean you've been contacted by them and they've told you you're on hold, I dont really get it.sorry hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    sorry to hear that. Ive not had an interview OR heard off them since November. Was doubting if I ever actually applied lol so I emailed them and they emailed me the other day saying they're still considering my application. But Im pretty sure the last interview date is tomorrow and Ive literally heard NOTHING

Message for everyone
    I know this sounds silly, but if you're "on-hold" does this mean you've been contacted by them and they've told you you're on hold, I dont really get it.sorry hahaha
    last year RVC told me they were still considering even after the last interview.

things might be different for pre-lim. i swear last year was the first year they did it and they only added the course half way through the year, so god knows how they are doing it this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)

Message for everyone
    No-one really gets the on hold system. For Bristol, when you are interviewed they reject you, give you an offer or put you on hold and then revaluate your application when all/most interviews have been done, I think. So yeah, they are contacted us and told us we're on hold.

I know a few people who are on hold for Glasgow too, but that's slightly different. I think they are seeing how many people firm and then they will accept more people as required. I know two people (not on TSR) who are in this situation. It's cruel to make them wait until May

I'm wondering where my Bristol rejection is :s It doesn't make a lot of sense, I'm a 2 and they've rejected 2s. Surely they can't reject people today when they've got interviews today? Maybe they are just waiting to see how many people are better than me today, then I'll get a rejection later in the week. It's so annoying being so close

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becky90009)
    they didnt actualyl say to me anything about being on hold but thats what i figured it was. yeah same... i hope so... but its gonna frigging suck if they make me wait t his long then reject meee . but its my 1st choice. so did u withdraw ur application? i hope others do so that some spaces free up ! when i first got the letter i thought it was a rejection... but then after 10 weeks of nothing coming up on track i decided it wasnt quite a rejection. the letter is pretty nice.. says like the doors to vet med are by no means closed etc and focus on exams. x
    Well my letter said the same thing (about the door not being closed for vet med etc etc), it sounds like the letter I got (it doesn't actually say "waiting list" or anything, it just says they'll get back to you in May. But that's essentially what it means). And I had an offer, so I withdrew after that because there was no point in me risking my place at Ed just to hear the outcome for Glasgow (the deadline for making a decision was before they would have gotten back to me, cheeeky!).
    I imagine quite a few people will be in the same position as I was and will withdraw anyway, but I can't say for sure.

EDIT: Pfft, everyone talking about handsome dogs. My cat is much prettier! :P (see profile)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Pfft, everyone talking about handsome dogs. My cat is much prettier! :P (see profile)
    No no, gorgeous dogs :p:
    But to be fair, that's a nice cat!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    i can't really join in as a) i haven't got a dog; and b) my cats are the least photogenic animals in the world...

my profile picture is one of my rats! she's pretty gorgeous...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Pfft, everyone talking about handsome dogs. My cat is much prettier! :P (see profile)
    was it your cat that won the photo competition? in which case you can pretty conclusively say that it's a nice-looking cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Maybe they are just waiting to see how many people are better than me today, then I'll get a rejection later in the week. It's so annoying being so close
    OR maybe they liked you at interview and dnt wanna reject you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Well my letter said the same thing (about the door not being closed for vet med etc etc), it sounds like the letter I got (it doesn't actually say "waiting list" or anything, it just says they'll get back to you in May. But that's essentially what it means). And I had an offer, so I withdrew after that because there was no point in me risking my place at Ed just to hear the outcome for Glasgow (the deadline for making a decision was before they would have gotten back to me, cheeeky!).
    I imagine quite a few people will be in the same position as I was and will withdraw anyway, but I can't say for sure.

EDIT: Pfft, everyone talking about handsome dogs. My cat is much prettier! :P (see profile)
    You cat's pretty I want one :p:

ReputationRep:
    He was a runner-up, but yep, it was the PDSA one.
    Haha my friends' lovebird was a runner-up as well (she's a **** Vet as well). Obviously we get distracted very easily and enter photo competitions when we should be doing work. :P
    My bad, gorgeous dogs. :yep: My golden retriever was a handsome lad though!
    And cheers PL, he's a sweetie as well so not just a pretty face!

Ahh, what a cute rat! I may get shouted at, but to be honest rats>cats+dogs for me.

EDIT: He's a Ragdoll x Maine Coon if anyone was wondering. I wish we hadn't gotten the poor fella neutered, those would have been some lovely kittens! :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.