Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Argh, it is horrible. My aunt had a beautiful silver Somali male cat who died from FIP in 2004. Poor wee thing.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know whether i'm a cat or dog person really. i've never been around cats much since my mums allergic

ReputationRep:
    Holly your dog is so sweet =) guessin lab x ummm staffie?

My chickens still beat all of yours as they give me fresh eggs every day haha

when I'm all grown up and not living with my dad and bro which r highly allergic to fluff I will get long haired daushunds (damn spelling!) and standard poodles or salukis ... Along with a huge flock of various chickens (silkies, showgirls, pekins, frizzles, polish) oh and a couple of appys (16hh +) SMALL HOLDING I THINK?!?!

ReputationRep:
    i want an alpaca farm

ReputationRep:
    i"m gonna be one of those vets that brings his animal family with him to work!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Argh, it is horrible. My aunt had a beautiful silver Somali male cat who died from FIP in 2004. Poor wee thing.
    so cruel...

they just wasted away in front of us.
    i'll always feel guilty that i let sebastian go too far
    and then because i knew what it did to him that i didn't give herbert enough of a chance.
    herbert had fiv as well so we think thats why he was more suseptible to fip.
    heartbreaking as well being as only about 1 in 5000 cats that die will die from fip...and we had 2 completely unrelated cats die from it half a year apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)

My chickens still beat all of yours as they give me fresh eggs every day haha

when I'm all grown up and not living with my dad and bro which r highly allergic to fluff I will get long haired daushunds (damn spelling!) and standard poodles or salukis ... Along with a huge flock of various chickens (silkies, showgirls, pekins, frizzles, polish) oh and a couple of appys (16hh +) SMALL HOLDING I THINK?!?!
    would you get mini or standard dachs? We have two mini long haired dachs who are regulars at the kennels called bozo and basil (lol) who rock! Except basil tried to eat the delivery man once!
    I'm a mega viszla fan, the one who won crufts is gorge!! My manager at the kennels is breeding her ***** next summer and I want a puppy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    would you get mini or standard dachs? We have two mini long haired dachs who are regulars at the kennels called bozo and basil (lol) who rock! Except basil tried to eat the delivery man once!
    I'm a mega viszla fan, the one who won crusts is gorge!! My manager at the kennels is breeding her ***** next summer and I want a puppy
    my vet has 2 viszlas and is gonna get another one but theres like a 2 year waiting list for puppies from the ***** she wants

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I wouldn't buy a dog unless it was from a rescue centre. My dog's a rescue dog and people are often surprised by this because she's so well behaved. When I worked in kennels, the best part of it was when the dogs in the sanctuary were rehomed, especially the mongrels that no one seemed to want.

There was this gorgeous dog called Stanley who came in at 7 months old and he was there for over a year! I can't understand why no-one wanted him, he was quite boisterous but we'd trained him fairly well. Most people seemed to be put off by the reason he came into the sanctuary - he was a chewer and the family said it was the last straw when he chewed a pencil sharpener and had to have the blade surgically removed. But we'd pretty much trained him out of it, but people also seemed put off by the fact that he was a staffie x german shepherd. He wasn't aggressive, he was so affectionate I'm so glad he finally got a home, when someone said they wanted him I nearly hugged them! I wanted him, but we'd already got Bella and we had to draw the line, or I'd end up bringing all the sanctuary dogs home.

Stanley:
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    I love Novia Scotia Duck Tolling retrievers, so cute! I found out about them when one of my friends said I reminded her of one, lol.

ReputationRep:
    I can't put on pics cos the file size is to big but I have two springer spaniels! At the kennels I went to the owner had westie puppies, they were soooo cute!! I think thats what I'm going to get when I'm older!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireAndIce)
    Thanks! He's a springer spaniel x rhodesian ridgeback!! And yes he was an accident, and has been ever since lol

ReputationRep:
    Ugh omg, Just got a letter from liverpool starting with "I am delighted.... that you have applied here"
    *******s. Give me a place dammit.

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I am going to do when I get out of Uni is get a dog! From a rescue though, all our dogs have been rescue dogs. Usually through word of mouth/ the vets, but Toby (the white one) is from a rescue centre. No one wanted him because he chewed, and fair enough, he did chew the leg on my mum's antique chair, which he got a very big telling off for! She just shouted at him though (so no neegging please!) and he has barely chewed anything since.

I seriously will end up having a small holding, with some hobby sheep and farm cat and probably a horse. And dogs which will go into work with me obviously!

ReputationRep:
    I want a handful of goats, sheep and a dairy cow. Well...a low maintanance dairy cow...maybe...she'd get to keep her calves until they mature though. Goats are so cute!

ReputationRep:
    my dog daisy

ReputationRep:
    hahahahah i think we need news so i dont have to spam through eveeryones dog photos :p:0 lol

ReputationRep:
    Horses, dogs, cats, rats, rabbits...

Make some room for guinea pigs!!! :woo:

All black - Clover
    Tri-coloured (black, white, ginger) - Tuffcia
    Black and brown - Pedro
    White/grey/cream/black - Rosie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Horses, dogs, cats, rats, rabbits...

Make some room for guinea pigs!!! :woo:
    They're cute! I like the little black and tan one

ReputationRep:
    Love the name 'Pedro'!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.