Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much everyone on here has offers now, don't they? Well, the vast majority do. I'm so jealous of all of you

ReputationRep:
    I'm not actually going till tomorow :P I tricked you guys by posting that after 12 so technically I was right saying it was tomorrow! Ahh I'm excited!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    I dnt get why u want 2 hear back from Birstol so much? I thought you really wanted Edinburgh?
    well edinburgh and bristol are my favs, i wanted edinburgh so much because im expecting a bristol rejection and i :love: edinburgh, its amazing, i love the city, i love the vet school etc etc.
    but bristol was my all time no.1, since ive wanted to be a vet ive wanted/thought i'd go to bristol, mainly because i live in devon and when u talk about wanting to be a vet people usually talk about bristol around here in the SW. there are reasons why i prefere ed over bristol and reasons why i prefere bristol over ed, i have the same right to have an answer from bristol as anyone else :rolleyes:

there is a possibility i would go to bristol over edinburgh i wouldnt bother waiting otherwise :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    well edinburgh and bristol are my favs, i wanted edinburgh so much because im expecting a bristol rejection and i :love: edinburgh, its amazing, i love the city, i love the vet school etc etc.
    but bristol was my all time no.1, since ive wanted to be a vet ive wanted/thought i'd go to bristol, mainly because i live in devon and when u talk about wanting to be a vet people usually talk about bristol around here in the SW. there are reasons why i prefere ed over bristol and reasons why i prefere bristol over ed, i have the same right to have an answer from bristol as anyone else :rolleyes:

there is a possibility i would go to bristol over edinburgh i wouldnt bother waiting otherwise :o:
    oh right.. i didnt realise Bristol had been ur no. 1!! makes sense now:rolleyes: and yes.. u certainly do have a right to know like ever1 else does keeping my fingers crossed for u x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Pretty much everyone on here has offers now, don't they? Well, the vast majority do. I'm so jealous of all of you
    I don't have one and getting tired of being a nervous wreck!

ReputationRep:
    As it's the weekend and there won't be any vetty news, and I'm really bored at work, you guys can help with my back up plans! Not that I'm pessimistic or anything!
    So I have an unconditional offer to do bioveterinary science at UWE. If I don't get an offer from RVC, I need to decide whether to take this and then apply as a graduate afterwards, or whether to just reapply for next year to veterinary. I have a full time job as a vet nurse assistant so would have something to do with myself, but I'm all psyched up to go off to uni! However, if I apply to veterinary as a graduate then no financial support (which could pose a problem!) and there are even less graduate places than normal places! Also, I am 25 already so don't want to waste too many years studying. Help!!
    Anyone else have back up plans, and what are they? Just thought I'd start a vaguely relevant discussion to keep us all amused!

ReputationRep:
    snap

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, the message I posted last night whilst a bit happy on wine was quite selfish! I'm sorry about that!

Edit: haddie good luck and have an amazing time in Oz!! I am very jealous, especially given how disgusting the weather is now! I just stood outside for 3 hours supporting/playing inter-house lax in the pouring rain Need some sun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Omg I'm going to Australia tomorrow!!!
    little bit drunk and very excited wooooooo!!!

why did I just quote you?? Woah I'm drunk
    you made me laugh so much reading that, best TSR comment...so far!!! hahaha

I've jsut played hockey for the first time since 7 weeks!! I nearly died serioulsy!
    I also ahve no offers, and probs will not get any, or if I will I'll never reach their conditions, so blehhh...I'm just dead excited to go to uniiii! and I've just had a week of doing nothing but help my dad, been well good!

Anyway I should stop clogging up this thread with boring non-vetty news (or I might get negged :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Hmmm, the message I posted last night whilst a bit happy on wine was quite selfish! I'm sorry about that!

Edit: haddie good luck and have an amazing time in Oz!! I am very jealous, especially given how disgusting the weather is now! I just stood outside for 3 hours supporting/playing inter-house lax in the pouring rain Need some sun!
    It wasn't selfish, you have every right to be well excited about your offer, even if some of us have none and wish we had, and are jelous of the likes of you :p: that does not mean you can't be happy and express it over wine tipsyness on this forum!! we'd rather you be well happy about ti than being 'oww I have an offer big deal' that would be just 'uchhhhh I could kill you for tht offer' haa (if you get me, I might be mwydro-ing)
    mwydro-ing is not a word is it? talking **** in other word, uchh translation does not work...

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking there will be lots of vetty news on monday because i will be on the plane and not able to get on tsr and will miss it all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    It was amazing! are you going this year? x
    yeeeee i am...gonna be best one yettt. u going? i know people from somerset get in free on the sunday or do u go for the whole 3 days??

xxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Anyway I should stop clogging up this thread with boring non-vetty news (or I might get negged :ninja: )
    lol that bit made me laughhh...they do love negging you! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    I'm thinking there will be lots of vetty news on monday because i will be on the plane and not able to get on tsr and will miss it all!
    What part of Australia are you going to? If I didn't get any offers this year I wanted to go to Australia and work on a cattle farm I just went riding in the pouring rain and got soaking wet so I know how you feel oaktrees!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    i am seriously behind on the thread guys... and this had probably already been talked about but can i ask again... anyone heard from Nottingham or Liverpool?! iv had interviews at both, and they said at notts they would tell us in the first week of march?! am i the only one whos not heard haha. i was rejected from bristol this week after my interview in december and being on hold for agggess!

well done to everyone whos managed to get offers!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    What part of Australia are you going to? If I didn't get any offers this year I wanted to go to Australia and work on a cattle farm I just went riding in the pouring rain and got soaking wet so I know how you feel oaktrees!! :p:
    I'm going to be based in Brisbane for most of my time, but travelling up the coast to Cairns for a month. I'm probably going to work on a cattle ranch in townsville for a few weeks in May

ReputationRep:
    this is a joke, I want to know who is it that neggs me..yes got negged again.....but can't be the same person coz it's 3 within a month..dambbbb!!!
    (or he/she has an accont where he/she can and he/she is laughing at my every comment :ninja: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    i am seriously behind on the thread guys... and this had probably already been talked about but can i ask again... anyone heard from Nottingham or Liverpool?! iv had interviews at both, and they said at notts they would tell us in the first week of march?! am i the only one whos not heard haha. i was rejected from bristol this week after my interview in december and being on hold for agggess!

well done to everyone whos managed to get offers!!
    i've still not heard anything from notts either :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't have any offers yet either so I know how you feel! You still have 3 to hear from don't you? which is your favorite?

ReputationRep:
    Hope you have an amazing time in Australia Haddie!!!! You must be so excited! How long are you going for?? Was it 3 months?? :confused: Anyways.......best of luck!!! have a great time

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.