Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    arrr i'm so anxious about the RVC.. no matter what i'm doing i'm always thinking about it!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    arrr i'm so anxious about the RVC.. no matter what i'm doing i'm always thinking about it!!!!
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Pretty much everyone on here has offers now, don't they? Well, the vast majority do. I'm so jealous of all of you
    i dont have an offer either :no:

it feels really **** though - i had an argument with my friend the other day, and he brought up that im a failed vet - hurt so much

SNAP!

ReputationRep:
    ditto!

and on the odd occasion I'm not thinking about it someone else reminds me..."have you heard back from your interview yet?!?"

and doesn't help that people don't understand the sort of time scale, the shepherd I am working with at the moment was starting to say about it not looking like good news with it being 'so long' since my interview. er, no, my interview was beginning of march, I will have only been waiting a month, not since december like some people!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)

and doesn't help that people don't understand the sort of time scale, the shepherd I am working with at the moment was starting to say about it not looking like good news with it being 'so long' since my interview. er, no, my interview was beginning of march, I will have only been waiting a month, not since december like some people!!

LOL so true!!!:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    i dont have an offer either :no:

it feels really **** though - i had an argument with my friend the other day, and he brought up that im a failed vet - hurt so much
    This! I got a fair bit of that, mostly from people who had 4 or 5 offers for arts subjects, or lower sciency things, and their offers were like BBB/BBC from good universities. People who genuinely understood the competitivness, i.e. medics, were really supportive, and everyone else just kept pointing out how many rejections I had So I completely understand! Hang in there!

ReputationRep:
    Have an awesome time Haddie! Whereabouts in Australia are you going?

Lambing :love:

ReputationRep:
    Just back from the GAMSAT what an awful awful exam!! why would ACER punish people like that! I really hope RVC give me an offer so i dont need to use the awful GAMSAT to get into UCD

me too, my gf is trying to be supportive but I can tell shes getting a bit annoyed with me talking about it so much.

Now time for :beer:

ReputationRep:
    party on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    This! I got a fair bit of that, mostly from people who had 4 or 5 offers for arts subjects, or lower sciency things, and their offers were like BBB/BBC from good universities. People who genuinely understood the competitivness, i.e. medics, were really supportive, and everyone else just kept pointing out how many rejections I had So I completely understand! Hang in there!
    lol exactly what happens at school

ReputationRep:
    i am so so sick to death of sheep - we're now down to our last 70/80 ish and i've been here for 2 weeks tomorrow. plus it's the open day and the public are gonna be let loose on the farm lol am currently trying to look less disgusting coz the papers coming and normally takes pics. ahhhh so tired and why are lambs so bloody noisy!!!!

edit: ok i sound really grumpy but i'd much rather be doing this as work exp (ie commuting in every day) and not as work haha
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    mmm, medics ARE understanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I've been pretty lucky with my friends three of my bezzies are medics, ones a failed medic and two of my other good friends failed to get in where they wanted/ failed to get the grades, so they at very undestanding. My friends just always act so surprised when I get another rejection and say it's the unis that miss out, oh I love them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    snap
    me tooo. still no sign of bristol for me AT ALL not even put on hold. how rude =/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    As it's the weekend and there won't be any vetty news, and I'm really bored at work, you guys can help with my back up plans! Not that I'm pessimistic or anything!
    So I have an unconditional offer to do bioveterinary science at UWE. If I don't get an offer from RVC, I need to decide whether to take this and then apply as a graduate afterwards, or whether to just reapply for next year to veterinary. I have a full time job as a vet nurse assistant so would have something to do with myself, but I'm all psyched up to go off to uni! However, if I apply to veterinary as a graduate then no financial support (which could pose a problem!) and there are even less graduate places than normal places! Also, I am 25 already so don't want to waste too many years studying. Help!!
    Anyone else have back up plans, and what are they? Just thought I'd start a vaguely relevant discussion to keep us all amused!
    Not sure what Im doing yet either. got two unconditionals to do zoology but Ive put myself off doing it for some reason. Liverpool and Notts have already rejected me and I doubt Im gonna hear anythin off bristol coz Ive had no interview or been put on hold and last interview date was wednesday so not got hope in that AT ALL. no vet school for me this year =(
    notts have referred my app to animal science so im hopin I get an offer for that. wud love to take another year out and reapply but Ive got all psyched up for goin uni as well, not keen on being home another year. and financially Im always skint but RVC and Notts dont charge extra fees. so think Im gonna go for that who knows lol .

sorry everyone for takin up LOADS of space on the thread haha =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Not sure what Im doing yet either. got two unconditionals to do zoology but Ive put myself off doing it for some reason. Liverpool and Notts have already rejected me and I doubt Im gonna hear anythin off bristol coz Ive had no interview or been put on hold and last interview date was wednesday so not got hope in that AT ALL. no vet school for me this year =(
    notts have referred my app to animal science so im hopin I get an offer for that. wud love to take another year out and reapply but Ive got all psyched up for goin uni as well, not keen on being home another year. and financially Im always skint but RVC and Notts dont charge extra fees. so think Im gonna go for that who knows lol .

sorry everyone for takin up LOADS of space on the thread haha =)
    I completely understand what you're feeling! Liverpool is my last hope, but I didn't do to well at the interview so I think I'm going to have to reapply. I've had a few weeks during the year where I couldn't stand the idea of having to take a gap year. It seems like such a long time! And it sounds really hard to keep your days structured and meet your social needs... I get bored after just 3 days without meeting my friends, so I can't imagine a whole year... But if veterinary science is what you really want to do, then a gap year is the way to get it. Think of your gap year as a work experience placement that lasts a year. It makes it sound better in my mind xD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    I completely understand what you're feeling! Liverpool is my last hope, but I didn't do to well at the interview so I think I'm going to have to reapply. I've had a few weeks during the year where I couldn't stand the idea of having to take a gap year. It seems like such a long time! And it sounds really hard to keep your days structured and meet your social needs... I get bored after just 3 days without meeting my friends, so I can't imagine a whole year... But if veterinary science is what you really want to do, then a gap year is the way to get it. Think of your gap year as a work experience placement that lasts a year. It makes it sound better in my mind xD.
    you get used to it, the days all sort of roll into one.

or, you know, you could do something productive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    you get used to it, the days all sort of roll into one.

or, you know, you could do something productive...

Despite having an offer, my grades are gonna be tough, so I'm still looking at a gap year as a possibility. I've got a few plans, but I know it's gonna be hard spending another year at home when my friends and boyfriend are all out having fun at uni...

ReputationRep:
    i Hate Student Finance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    i Hate Student Finance!
    Out of interest if you get an offer at RVC too, where would you go?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.