Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by East Stah)
    I'm getting bored of RVC now =/ . Should I just withdraw? (opinions please =D )
    Well, if you wouldn't take their offer (or insurance it) over one you've got, yes. Let someone else have that place.

That sounds a bit hypocritical seeing as I've made it pretty clear I'd take Cambridge over RVC, no question about it. But if I get an RVC offer, apart from being extremely surprised, I'd have a back up with lower grades, so I could have that as an insurance in case it doesn't work out for me.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you definitely want to go to Nottingham, then I don't see why you shouldn't withdraw. You know that RVC will probably offer AAA, which is higher than the Notts offer, so it couldn't even be your insurance, so I suppose it makes sense. It's completely up to you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh so I can have your place! :yes: Seriously though, if you're definitely not going to accept an offer then you may as well let someone else have it.

ReputationRep:
    yup

ReputationRep:
    I wonder would it make much of a difference? At this point they may have ranked everyone and decided?? So If you withdraw now they may just consider you as one of the 50% of offers that doesn't take up a place (going by last years figures on the yellow sheet )

This is just a theory tho... it might be better karma if you withdraw now incase you stop someone else from getting an offer .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    I wonder would it make much of a difference? At this point they may have ranked everyone and decided?? So If you withdraw now they may just consider you as one of the 50% of offers that doesn't take up a place (going by last years figures on the yellow sheet )

This is just a theory tho... it might be better karma if you withdraw now incase you stop someone else from getting an offer .
    Surely if they've decided already, they'd put us out of our misery and reject us or give us offers? Why would they wait?

ReputationRep:
    Grr, so annoyed. My sis just told me about an article saying that Edinburgh is biased towards Scots applications and lets practically no-one from England or overseas in. That is such a lie!
    Yes, there are a certain amount of places they have to give to Scots, but it by no means a large amount. Seriously, as I've said before, a large group people in my year are from England (I'm pretty sure more than the Scots) so it doesn't make sense as to why people keep saying these things. I'm just irritated because it puts Ed in a bad light for no reason at all!

Lol my sis should have kept her mouth shut. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Grr, so annoyed. My sis just told me about an article saying that Edinburgh is biased towards Scots applications and lets practically no-one from England or overseas in. That is such a lie!
    Yes, there are a certain amount of places they have to give to Scots, but it by no means a large amount. Seriously, as I've said before, a large group people in my year are from England (I'm pretty sure more than the Scots) so it doesn't make sense as to why people keep saying these things. I'm just irritated because it puts Ed in a bad light for no reason at all!

Lol my sis should have kept her mouth shut. :yep:
    i thought edinburgh had quite a lot of overseas people, americans anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, they do. :yep:
    Which is why it astounds me when people claim that the students here are mostly Scottish. I would say we were really diverse as a uni!

ReputationRep:
    I W A N T V E T T Y N N E W S!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    Ouch, that must be even worse! Are you a second time applier?
    Kind of. Last year I applied but had to withdraw my UCAS. My parents split up last year so didnt want to go uni this year and leave my brothers to deal with everythin on their own if that makes sense. So Ive sort of been on a gap year but been doing an open university course at same time x

ReputationRep:
    I sometimes feel like a lurker but only because Im relatively new to the forum and u lot all know each other already...plus Ive applied for pre-lim so spose that makes me different. Wasnt me though Im much more gutsy than that hahaha
    I NEEEEEEED vets news this week. Even if its rejections, at least then I can half plan my next year and my 21st etc etc...just need to know now tbh. Bristol are cruel for leaving me waiting without interview/on hold etc just to reject me how harsh is that :O we'll see :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    I sometimes feel like a lurker but only because Im relatively new to the forum and u lot all know each other already...plus Ive applied for pre-lim so spose that makes me different. Wasnt me though Im much more gutsy than that hahaha
    I NEEEEEEED vets news this week. Even if its rejections, at least then I can half plan my next year and my 21st etc etc...just need to know now tbh. Bristol are cruel for leaving me waiting without interview/on hold etc just to reject me how harsh is that :O we'll see :P
    Did you get the email from bristol saying it will take them longer than they expected to get back to people as they have a huge workload? Im a prelimer to so we can be different togetther lol xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Yeah i would chose Bristol over RVC...
    I like both campuses / courses, and especially like the RVC hawkshead campus...But i'd rather do a 5 year course at bristol than a 6 year course at london so that why bristols my number one. Plus the people at bristol were mega mega nice .
    When was your bristol interview? where else are you waiting to here from
    My bristol interview was on the 17th so only last week but still i have NO patience! lol That is the only place i am waiting to hear from now Ah i see makes sense to save a year! xx

ReputationRep:
    Well if you're already sure you won't take it then yep I think you should withdraw, cos there just might be a little chance that would leave one more offer up for grabs

ReputationRep:
    this week could be it guys

ReputationRep:
    So the semi-relaxed weekend of no news is over, I can go back to being a nervous wreck and obsessing over track, joy!

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if we'll be saying the same thing this time next week though...............it seems such a long time to wait now we're in the last 'whole' final week - if you see what I mean

ReputationRep:
    I just did a quick count up in my head and there are still quite a few Unis left aren't there! The list, as far as I can make it out, is Liv post interview, all RVC, Bristol on-holders + prelim, & Glasgow people 'on hold'. Are Notts completely done or are people waiting on them too? That means there definately should be some news this week, although possibly not from Glasgow, because there are lots of people still waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    lol i just went to last years thread to find out what happened this week a year ago and found this:

(Original post by transatlanticdrawl_)
    Sexy talk? I don't recall this. Do I really want to know?

("2009 Applicants.. Applications, interviews, offers" is actually code for "2009 Swingers..Swinging parties, brothels, crude innuendos')

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.