Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Grr, so annoyed. My sis just told me about an article saying that Edinburgh is biased towards Scots applications and lets practically no-one from England or overseas in. That is such a lie!
    Yes, there are a certain amount of places they have to give to Scots, but it by no means a large amount. Seriously, as I've said before, a large group people in my year are from England (I'm pretty sure more than the Scots) so it doesn't make sense as to why people keep saying these things. I'm just irritated because it puts Ed in a bad light for no reason at all!

Lol my sis should have kept her mouth shut. :yep:
    there was a thread on TSR about it aswell, the article was in the times, and if u read it edinburgh uni actually admit to favouring people in scotland and north of england.

but as i have an offer,,,, i dont care :p:

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm yeah you're right oaktrees - still quite a few to hear from!! it could be a busy week, then, I definitely thin we need more vetty news now :yes:

ReputationRep:
    well obv Ed will favour scotts, i know cardiff medic school favours the welsh, and why the hell not support student from your own country....
    I acctaully don't know a single scotish person who is re-applying for vet-med, don't know if anybody else does, but it shows that most scotish apply to ed+glas and do get in.

Anybody else got that liverpool pack? it says accomodation open days, but they've all been I really wanted to chek out the accomodation!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    Did you get the email from bristol saying it will take them longer than they expected to get back to people as they have a huge workload? Im a prelimer to so we can be different togetther lol xx
    yeah I did but other than that not heard anythin since november, not been rejected/interviewed or put on hold so I pretty much feel like theyre keepin me waiting even longer just to reject me coz as far as I know theres no more interview dates left lol xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    I wonder if we'll be saying the same thing this time next week though...............it seems such a long time to wait now we're in the last 'whole' final week - if you see what I mean
    i hope not... but have a feeling we might be!! :eek3:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    this thread apparently has 3,704 replies and 3,705 views - doesn't that seem like a ridiculous ratio? especially if there are a lot of people lurking and not posting...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizopear)
    this thread apparently has 3,704 replies and 3,705 views - doesn't that seem like a ridiculous ratio? especially if there are a lot of people lurking and not posting...
    how the hell does that work? i've looked at it loads of times without posting.
    that implies people are somehow posting without looking :confused:

ReputationRep:
    maybe it only records 1 view per day..?

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah you're right I guess I'm being selfish by hanging on waiting. I'm going to withdraw. =D

Hopefully if I was given an offer it'll be reallocated.

Good Luck RVC-Hopefuls!

ReputationRep:
    only withdraw is yu 100% KNOW that it wont affect your choice AT ALL, and just because RVC is AAA doesnt mean u shudnt wait because its higher than another offer, it can still be put an insurance even if its higher, if u miss the grades RVC MAY be more leniant than your firm choice, you never know!! but east stah, i guess u have a insurance and a firm and if your definate then yeh withdraw, but dont feel yr being selfish by not!

ReputationRep:
    I just wanted to know if they'd give me an offer or not. I get paranoid about things like that and yeah I have got a firm and insurance so I'll withdraw and finalise everything else.

ReputationRep:
    Omg Come I want some vetty news .... Notts have to let us know soon surely? Even if its just you are onhold still?!

Im hanging extremly badly today. Last night the ice hockey team I support won the league and so everyone had a party in the club bar... The players striped and danced on the bar Extremly good night! I was up on the tables and window sill dancing pmsl But Im feeling it today... NEVER DRINKING AGAIN!?

And to East Stah, I would say withdraw if you are sure you wouldnt take it, and you have a Notts so why would you wana go elsewhere haha!!

ReputationRep:
    heyyy guys

new to the whole TSR thing.... lol
    i've only got liverpool to get back to me now! and the rest have rejected me
    Is there anyone still waiting to hear back from Liverpool?? cus i'm fearing the worst now!
    i think it'll be a gap year!

ReputationRep:
    does any one know when you find out from nottingham if you've got an offer or not?? also do they ring your phone or let you know over track?
    has anyone heard anything yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jigmorrison)
    does any one know when you find out from nottingham if you've got an offer or not?? also do they ring your phone or let you know over track?
    has anyone heard anything yet?
    Heya
    some people like me haven't heard anything since our interviews. Some people have been rejected (actually quite a few, but I cnt remember if any have been rejected post interview)

A few people East Stah, Dr 2 be, etc have had offers which were made by phone. Although the FB group has less than 20 members so obvoiusly a lot of offers are still to b made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)
    heyyy guys

Is there anyone still waiting to hear back from Liverpool?? cus i'm fearing the worst now!
    when was your interview???
    did u have any other interviews??
    me beth starlightconquest and a few others just have liv to hear back form now
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Grrrrrr, I'm so impatient but desperately want to know!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I have to admit to being a wee bit naughty! I rang up Liv this morning and *lied* ( i feel so naughty about such a stupid white lie!) but anyway i told them i was going travelling on wednesday so was wondering about decisions... the lady said the last interview date is wednesday so all decisions will be amde as soon as poss after that.... but i guess thats not so say there may be some before. Not very exciting i know, but maybe we could relax a bit till wed evening!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)
    heyyy guys

Hello Rachel I assume you're Sophie's friend Rachel?
    Or it's a crazy coincidence that you're called Rachel, from Northern Ireland waiting to hear back from Liverpool :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I just have Liverpool to hear back from too now. I have been rejected from Bristol and Nottingham.
    Never mind though, because liv has always been my fav!
    Do you suppose we will hear before friday? Only, i work 9-6 on a friday, with no access to a computer, and with this being the final week, the suspense might just kill me! haha!
    xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.