• PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Any newwss?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_f1)
    I just have Liverpool to hear back from too now. I have been rejected from Bristol and Nottingham.
    Never mind though, because liv has always been my fav!
    Do you suppose we will hear before friday? Only, i work 9-6 on a friday, with no access to a computer, and with this being the final week, the suspense might just kill me! haha!
    xx
    They often don't update it until 5/6 anyway, so it shouldn't be too bad. Did you have interviews at Bristol and Nottingham? Plus, the deadline isn't until next Wednesday, the 31st, so you may even have to wait until next week!

ReputationRep:
    Oh, OK, thanks!
    No, didn't get interviews at Nottingham or Bristol. The only place was Liverpool.
    I want to go to Liverpool, and only put the other two down as they were the only other two I was eligible to apply for, having not obtained the grades etc. for the other uni's.

Have you been interviewed by any other universities?
    x

ReputationRep:
    Oh, OK, thanks!
    No, didn't get interviews at Nottingham or Bristol. The only place was Liverpool.
    I want to go to Liverpool, and only put the other two down as they were the only other two I was eligible to apply for, having not obtained the grades etc. for the other uni's.

Have you been interviewed by any other universities?
    x
    I've been interviewed by Bristol, RVC and Liverpool and I haven't heard back from anyone of them. How do you think your interview went?

Are you in year 13 or a re-applicant/on a gap year?

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year, resitting some of my a-levels, since my a-level chem teacher went AWOL at the beginning of yr13, we didn't get a teacher after that! I never applied last year because I knew I wouldn't have got the grades. So I'm a first time applicant on a gap year.

I think my interview went quite well, better than I thought it would anyway. And you? What was Bristol like? My friend made out that they were awful.

ReputationRep:
    I think my interview went quite well, better than I thought it would anyway. And you? What was Bristol like? My friend made out that they were awful.
    just to butt in..i hated my bristol interview!! but enjoyed my notts and liverpool one... but then iv heard some people enjoyed their interview at bristol so i guess it was a mix...

praying we get some news this week!! has anyone heard from notts after interview? the suspense is all too much now haha xxx

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it!! i get bored so easily, and haven't been at work today, so have been sat on my laptop refreshing my emails constantly!

My poor horse is going to be worn out... all this waiting and stress means I've been riding ALOT more to keep my mind focused on things other than uni's! Oh well, it'll do her some good I suppose!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I've heard from nottingham, but thats lincoln gateway.

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it!! i get bored so easily, and haven't been at work today, so have been sat on my laptop refreshing my emails constantly!

My poor horse is going to be worn out... all this waiting and stress means I've been riding ALOT more to keep my mind focused on things other than uni's! Oh well, it'll do her some good I suppose!
    haha same iv been hunting every week for the whole of the season so iv had to refrain from riding this week to give them a break!! i was hoping the question of hunting wouldnt be brought up in interview and it wasnt..phew!

people with horses...what are you doing with them when you go to uni?! xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year, resitting some of my a-levels, since my a-level chem teacher went AWOL at the beginning of yr13, we didn't get a teacher after that! I never applied last year because I knew I wouldn't have got the grades. So I'm a first time applicant on a gap year.

Have you got your A in chem now? or have you started the new syllabus?
    I'm also a re-sitter on my gap year after not gettign the grades
    but still no A in chem, 1 mark off :mad: soo even if I get a Liv offer I'll never meet it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    haha same iv been hunting every week for the whole of the season so iv had to refrain from riding this week to give them a break!! i was hoping the question of hunting wouldnt be brought up in interview and it wasnt..phew!

people with horses...what are you doing with them when you go to uni?! xxx
    keeping mine, well I was 'given' her and told I'm not allowed to sell her anyway, shes 24, has mild athritis, so I only go hacking with her. Plus I live ona farm, so steal sillage and feed from the cow shed, so she doesn't cost a penny to me! She's not stable kept either, so real easy to look after, her winter coat is sooooo lush!

ReputationRep:
    Come on Vetty news!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    keeping mine, well I was 'given' her and told I'm not allowed to sell her anyway, shes 24, has mild athritis, so I only go hacking with her. Plus I live ona farm, so steal sillage and feed from the cow shed, so she doesn't cost a penny to me! She's not stable kept either, so real easy to look after, her winter coat is sooooo lush!
    ah thats such a nice position to be in! i share two with my sister, one who we event and the other was our first pony who i've been hunting on and we still compete. i think we will have to sell him when i leave and my sister will keep dillon to event.. iv been offered by my friend to take oscar (our pony) to her partners farm but he will only be lightly hacked and really he needs to be at pony club and hunting or it will be a waste of his potential..but that means selling him its SUCH a dilema. im SO jealous of friends taking courses in newcastle so they can keep their horses haha xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Yeah i would chose Bristol over RVC...
    I like both campuses / courses, and especially like the RVC hawkshead campus...But i'd rather do a 5 year course at bristol than a 6 year course at london so that why bristols my number one. Plus the people at bristol were mega mega nice .
    When was your bristol interview? where else are you waiting to here from
    My bristol interview was on the 17th so only last week but still i have NO patience! lol That is the only place i am waiting to hear from now Ah i see makes sense to save a year! xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    ah thats such a nice position to be in! i share two with my sister, one who we event and the other was our first pony who i've been hunting on and we still compete. i think we will have to sell him when i leave and my sister will keep dillon to event.. iv been offered by my friend to take oscar (our pony) to her partners farm but he will only be lightly hacked and really he needs to be at pony club and hunting or it will be a waste of his potential..but that means selling him its SUCH a dilema. im SO jealous of friends taking courses in newcastle so they can keep their horses haha xxx
    I'm selling my horse There's some people coming to watch me ride her on thursday even though I'm not selling her till August! They seem really interested though and apparently they are really nice!

And Tori687 apparently you live next door to my friends nan!

ReputationRep:
    hi
    yep i'm rachel Sophie's friend !!! :yes:
    lol northern irish indeedy
    oh well i had interviews for nottingham, bristol, and liverpool...
    i was rejected outright from glasgow and have now had rejections from bristol and nottingham
    nottingham was my fav and where i've wanted to go since i started looking at uni's...... but that's now gone so i'm looking to the future now
    i didn't really like the liverpool interview and i don't think it went well
    but we'll see! if i get an offer i will OF COURSE be going!!! :rolleyes:

and horses well IF i get to uni ... i would want to bring mine but it's prob too expensive.. soo she'll stay at home with the 20 others we have advantages of having a stud and my lil sis will school her a bit when im away!

I AM SOOOO IMPATIENT!!! i just want to know one way or the other!
    ohh and that was a good idea ringing them up like that :yes:
    x

ReputationRep:
    Yay, I've got a week at a large animal vets confirmed in September I'm going to have a crazy amount of work experience by the time I reapply I've got to confirm my other zoo placement, too. I've emailed a few labs today, so hopefully one of them will get back to me. Then I need abattoir, maybe some more equine vets, might try and get some stud farm work, maybe some beef and poultry. Then I can work and enjoy my gap year, which I am really looking forward to now. But, you never know, I might be pleasantly surprised by the universities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)
    hi
    i was rejected outright from glasgow and have now had rejections from bristol and nottingham
    nottingham was my fav and where i've wanted to go since i started looking at uni's...... but that's now gone so i'm looking to the future now

and horses well IF i get to uni ... i would want to bring mine but it's prob too expensive.. soo she'll stay at home with the 20 others we have advantages of having a stud and my lil sis will school her a bit when im away!

x
    Were you put on hold and then rejected after your bristol interview? or rejected straight afterwards?
    Im sure your liverpool interview went better than you think and you WILL be going to uni! Im really impatient aswell, argh i cant wait any longer!
    I am going to sell my pony , but if i dont get into uni i guess i can keep her for another year (fingers crossed i do get in tho but the chances are slim me thinks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)
    hi

x

{D100: Nottingham} Rejected Offer of {D320: Animal Science}......
    {D100: Bristol} Rejected
    {D100: Glasgow} Rejected

{D100: Liverpool} Waiting.. had interview 10th February..!!!!!!

{C300: Edinburgh} offer AAA... zoology..
    I know youu, hi :p:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Were you put on hold and then rejected after your bristol interview? or rejected straight afterwards?
    Im sure your liverpool interview went better than you think and you WILL be going to uni! Im really impatient aswell, argh i cant wait any longer!
    I am going to sell my pony , but if i dont get into uni i guess i can keep her for another year (fingers crossed i do get in tho but the chances are slim me thinks).
    i was rejected 2 days later!!!
    well it went kinda bad if i'm honest i would really love them to offer me a place!! ( as would many people lol! )
    they look FAB for equine
    aww i couldn't sell mine... i find it hard when we breed them and then sell them on as foals!!! haha.

ooooh you know me...... OOOHHH i know you too!!!!! lmao.
    x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.