Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I :love: rugby
    Admittedly, I've forgotten most of what I knew about it 4 or 5 years ago, when I was practically obsessed, but its still fun to watch
    We had a big debate in Biology yesterday about football players/rugby players. I was the only one sticking up for the rugby players :p:
    I watched a bit of Wales-Scotland whilst doing maths papers, might watch the next one. Or might not

ReputationRep:
    I have to admit the only time I ever watch sport is when they put some eventing on, which happens once in a blue moon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I :love: rugby
    I watched a bit of Wales-Scotland whilst doing maths papers, might watch the next one. Or might not
    I'd get watching if I were you. These are the two teams to watch for the 6 Nations

ReputationRep:
    Rugby and F1. If you dont watch the F1 then GET OUT!! :p:
    Eventing like you said isn't on much, did manage to catch Hickstead last year.

This is going to be a good game!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    I have to admit the only time I ever watch sport is when they put some eventing on, which happens once in a blue moon!
    I agree!! I cant stand football and rugby is only slightly better!! (sorry if iv offended anyone!) I'm looking forward to the winter olympics though :yes:

Well done on all the offers, it must be an amazing feeling after waiting for so long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Hmm...I'm not really into watching sports. What is your chemistry analysis on?

I need to start doing research and prep on Bristol. :eek:
    Me too! But I will start that next week :p:

It's for my Individual investigation, which we all call Chem projects, are you doing it too? I am trying to relate bits of Chemistry theory to my million and one titration results, and my TLC results, and pH meter stuff.

TLC was an epic fail. There is no pattern whatsoever to my results, they don't match up to any of my other paracetamol stuff, and short of inventing a few Rf values I think I am just going to gloss over it and ignore it...!!!

Rugby now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommygunsvet)
    Rugby and F1. If you dont watch the F1 then GET OUT!! :p:
    Eventing like you said isn't on much, did manage to catch Hickstead last year.

This is going to be a good game!
    Burghley is obviously on every year but its just down the road so I go every year! Cross country day being the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Me too! But I will start that next week :p:

It's for my Individual investigation, which we all call Chem projects, are you doing it too? I am trying to relate bits of Chemistry theory to my million and one titration results, and my TLC results, and pH meter stuff.

TLC was an epic fail. There is no pattern whatsoever to my results, they don't match up to any of my other paracetamol stuff, and short of inventing a few Rf values I think I am just going to gloss over it and ignore it...!!!

Rugby now
    I'm watching the rugby on my laptop to avoid my watching with my dad, who tends to talk all the way through and I like listening to the commentary

Your chem sound similar to mine, I'm doing aspirin. My TLC showed the two things that should have been there, but not the contaminant which definitely is also there, which I can tell from my titrations Just finished the practicals but haven't done any write up yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    Burghley is obviously on every year but its just down the road so I go every year! Cross country day being the best!
    I was about to say "OMG, you live near some friends of mine in Stamford", then I realised I already knew that :p: Now I feel silly :o:

ReputationRep:
    anybody know of some good gap year holiday type things?

Think i've decided I'm fed up of working all the time and want to go somewhere during May and June, but preferably not too expensive.

rach haddie, and beth what are the things you're going to? or was in rachys case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I'd like to see Scotland win against Wales today, but I'm not sure it's very likely. Ahhh rugby

Edit: I may have to amend that, given how well Scotland are playing. Fantastic play so far!
    Waaaaaaaaaaaales!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea how i'm going to choose between bristol and glasgow. urghh i love them both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Waaaaaaaaaaaales!!! :woo:
    Haha, I was hoping you weren't going to make an appearance just yet :p:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I was hoping you weren't going to make an appearance just yet :p:
    Pffft :p:
    Watched the match in the wetherspoons in Camden...it was funny to see all english people cheering when wales won Amazing last 10 mins!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Pffft :p:
    Watched the match in the wetherspoons in Camden...it was funny to see all english people cheering when wales won Amazing last 10 mins!!
    Just you wait till France and then Ireland annihilate Wales. Then it's all good :p:

ReputationRep:
    To be fair, rugby's a good sport, although i don't have much of a clue about it.

On the other hand, football wins, why would you not want to watch overpaid pansies kick a ball around? <3, but in all seriousness, football wins, imo.

x

ReputationRep:
    I love bowls

ReputationRep:
    France an Wales won!!! woooyypppp made my day!! and pulled 6 lams so far!! :woo:

as for what you said Power, about Wales had to win with 2 players sin binned, same thing about last week, England would not have won if Alun hadn't been sin binned!:rolleyes:

I don't really follow club rugby, but the 6 nations is like :cool:

And I can be big headed about it tom, coz Wales is awesome, and now England will loose against both france and Ireland, and Wales after waking up at last will go on to beat everybody else,and win the whole tournament :p:

so gald Francce won as well though!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    as for what you said Power, about Wales had to win with 2 players sin binned, same thing about last week, England would not have won if Alun hadn't been sin binned!:rolleyes:
    I don't know much about that, I didn't see England and Wales last week. But that's not strictly true, they could still have won on even footing but their chances were improved by the fact they were a man up.
    Scotland were more likely to win had they not had two men out, simply because they had the lead. Granted Wales had the momentum, but I don't think they'd have managed to push through. Draw, maybe, but a win was unlikely.

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    so gald Francce won as well though!!!
    Don't think I have ever in my life heard someone who isn't French big up the French! :p:

Edit: Thanks

ReputationRep:
    [qqUOTE=x_dwin_ffeimys_x]as for what you said Power, about Wales had to win with 2 players sin binned, same thing about last week, England would not have won if Alun hadn't been sin binned!:rolleyes:[/qquote]
    Quote fail :p:

Talk about constructive posts

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.