Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh no Tink! Have Bristol got back to you yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh NOT HAPPY apparently my scientific background isnt good enough to even do animal science. Back to the drawing board. Looks like its gonna HAVE to be another gap year after all =/
    Ah thats not cool hun, hopfully will be okay you still havent heard from bristol they always say no news is good news
    And gap years can be super good!

For the first time ever I am hoping for no vetty news its my birthday and i think a rejection on my birthday might not make my day !!!!
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday Tori!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    The lurkers are yet to attack me which is a good thing probably or i would be in for a neg (prob will now lol)
    But I was a lurker for a while this year, Just becuase I was interested in what was going on but not brave enough to speak, I think I gave people ++ a couple of times but I left my name and reason
    xxx
    Stop stalking me granny! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    Happy Birthday Tori!
    Thank you x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Stop stalking me granny! :woo:
    Evil pure evil!

ReputationRep:
    Evil pure evil!
    That is my second name actually. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Happy birthday Tori

My dissertation is stressing me out so much All you school leavers.. u'v got this to look forward to! (its not fun!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Happy birthday Tori

My dissertation is stressing me out so much All you school leavers.. u'v got this to look forward to! (its not fun!!)
    Thank you very much
    Dissertation!? you already doing a degree!!!??? whats your dissertation on?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    That is my second name actually. :yep:
    lol I am starting to learn this!!! you got your finance sorted? you getting tempted by rvc? xxx

ReputationRep:
    lol I am starting to learn this!!! you got your finance sorted? you getting tempted by rvc? xxx

Im almost done with student finance, my schools gonna help us a little with it on thursday, i want my tutor to have a look over it.

And no, Im still in the same position with rvc and Nottingham, u? Are you getting tempted by Bristol and leaning more towards leaving me alone Granny? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Im almost done with student finance, my schools gonna help us a little with it on thursday, i want my tutor to have a look over it.

And no, Im still in the same position with rvc and Nottingham, u? Are you getting tempted by Bristol and leaning more towards leaving me alone Granny? :woo:
    Ah glad you got it sorted No im going Nottingham, and besides i dont think i have a choice I know they gave out offers from the last interview date on monday as a girl i know has got in so i think i am now waiting for rejection,
    oh well! I <3 notts
    lol
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys quick q - who do you report vets to? Cos for medicine you can report to senior doctors / HR or something like that methinks but who do you report a vet to? E.g. if he was an alcoholic and it was affecting his work, or he was malpracticing

(Just to add its not happened to me, just checking in regard to a practice interview q I've seen)

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    RCVS I think

ReputationRep:
    Yeh that's what I thought but can't seem to find info on it. Think they may have a council or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/Pre...ntNodeID=89642 I dont know if that helps. If you read number three theres some info, only a small amount though.

ReputationRep:
    i got £9 an hour for nearly 100 hours of lambing ROCK ON! and they sed i cud go for EMS if i want to as long as i tell them when to put the ram in :p: they loved me lol

now im doing 6am - 2pm shifts and im still on night mode and cant get to sleep until stupid hours of the morning, tired is an understatement

sorry bout notts rejections

no news for meeee

ReputationRep:
    Ah thats not cool hun, hopfully will be okay you still havent heard from bristol they always say no news is good news
    And gap years can be super good!

For the first time ever I am hoping for no vetty news its my birthday and i think a rejection on my birthday might not make my day !!!!
    :eek:
    Aww Happy birthday =)

NICO:
    Nope no news from bristol yet but it was last interview date last week so I have no hope for that

gnna have to be another gap year I think
    I agree it can be super fun until u get sick of having your mum on your back lol dont know what to do now really its so demoralising I swear. Ive put my whole life into veterinary and finding out Im not even good enough for animal science doesnt do my self esteem any favours

ReputationRep:
    Anna-no I haven't seen it, I actually don't think I could, stupid isn't it! Especially from someone who wants to be a vet! I think poisonous snakes are worse, like cobras etc, eurggghhhh, if i had to choose i'd rather have a python. Its a bit random but I think it stems from when I was about 6 or 7, I live near my garndparents, about 5 minutes walk down the edge of a field and through a small bit of wood. I love walking (and always have done) and my parents always made us, whatever time of year it was, wear wellies. One day, I'd been dropped off at my grandparents (like i say when i was 6/7ish) and was wearing my school shoes, but wanted to walk home with dad, so off we went, me leading the way with dad right behind. Going through the wood, I was very very very close to stepping on 2 adders curled up together, i just didn't see them but luckily dad did and he grabbed me in time, but it was a bit too close for comfort as they were about one step away, but what freaked me out was i wasn't wearing my wellies, so if i'd been bitten a) i wouldn't have had any protection on the bottom of my legs/ankles and b) they may have penetrated a softer shoe than a wellie. Kinda stupid I know as i wasn't hurt, and in the summer months i fairly regularly see adders about but they still send a shiver down my spine! And i know they're more scared than you are of them, blah blah blah, and normally they disappear off anytime you get near them, but for some reason that day they didn't seem to know was there.... yuck!!

Rach-thats an awesome amount of money!! I got paid for my lambing too, a lot actually bearing in mind i wasn't expecting anything!! I earnt as much doing something I love (in fairness long hours and some nights) as I'm now earning as a waitress/bar maid on a daily basis....

No news for me either excet i nearly had a fit at the stupid ucas media email!!!

Sorry about notts guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Aww Happy birthday =)

NICO:
    Nope no news from bristol yet but it was last interview date last week so I have no hope for that

gnna have to be another gap year I think
    I agree it can be super fun until u get sick of having your mum on your back lol dont know what to do now really its so demoralising I swear. Ive put my whole life into veterinary and finding out Im not even good enough for animal science doesnt do my self esteem any favours
    hi said you're not good enough for Animal Science??
    Whack them!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.