Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Aww Happy birthday =)

NICO:
    Nope no news from bristol yet but it was last interview date last week so I have no hope for that

gnna have to be another gap year I think
    I agree it can be super fun until u get sick of having your mum on your back lol dont know what to do now really its so demoralising I swear. Ive put my whole life into veterinary and finding out Im not even good enough for animal science doesnt do my self esteem any favours
    Thank you have had a awesome bday, big 21 ahhhh
    I know im living back at my mums as i became broke on my gap year lol. Its okay as long as your determined you will get there, its not your not good enough just do whatever they want if they want more science do an acces to science course or something in the gap year (thats if you dont have luck with bristol which you might!)
    My science is not amazing, I have okay GCSE's - C, C in double science and I have my 3x distinction in btec, which had animal physiology, animal antaomty, animalk biology, biochem and micro biology modules, so i only have animal related science.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    hi said you're not good enough for Animal Science??
    Whack them!
    Admissions at Nottingham, shes just emailed back my feedback saying that I didnt get distinctions in the subjects they wanted me to for BTEC animal management and apparently my open university isnt scientific enough. despite it being the same level of a foundation degree at uni and its called exploring science. Sooooo depressed. Once Ive heard from bristol theres no point me being on this forum....2011 applicants I think =/ good luck to anyone still waiting to hear xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Nico*)
    I like all the spin-offs they were gonna do like Snakes on a Train, and Bees on a Zepellin. haha

Bears on a Boat?
    haha bears on a boat sounds like the title to one of the animal ark books, i used to love them lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    i got £9 an hour for nearly 100 hours of lambing ROCK ON! and they sed i cud go for EMS if i want to as long as i tell them when to put the ram in :p: they loved me lol

now im doing 6am - 2pm shifts and im still on night mode and cant get to sleep until stupid hours of the morning, tired is an understatement

sorry bout notts rejections

no news for meeee
    get iinnn!! you can spend it all at Torquay :woo: (hope thats the correct spelling)
    I got a parking ticket the other day, so my shift yesterday went to pay that off
    there were some scottish ppl in today, and I was like "what what whaaattt?" I'm going to suck at understanding ppl in Glasgow :o:

as for animal related news my dad has gone to get 200 of our wintering ewe lambs today, still not back, so going to be in the pen all day tomorrow sortign them out before kicking them back up to the mountain untill shearing time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    haha bears on a boat sounds like the title to one of the animal ark books, i used to love them lol
    I read it as beer on a boat :o: and imagined the booze cruze that was on in magaluf. I seriously need to stop thinking about binge drinkign all the time

ReputationRep:
    Can u legally euthanise a healthy animal? And does a vet have the right not to do it?

ReputationRep:
    yeh kill them all, stupid fluffy smelly little creatures!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Borrreeed of waiting now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoop)
    Can u legally euthanise a healthy animal? And does a vet have the right not to do it?
    Yes you can, and a vet can refuse to do anything, apart from first aid, which could be euthanasia. I've seen a couple of elective euthanasias of healthy animals, in both cases they were middle aged animals that the owner couldn't keep but thought it would be too stressful for the animal to rehome it. As long as the owner gives permission you can euthanase any animal.

ReputationRep:
    im SO gutted about my nottingham rejection this morning i was like ah well but as they days gone on iv got more and more bummed. liverpools my last hope...

and i got that stupid UCAS media email today too, they are soo annoying!! gives me a heart attack every time x
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    im SO gutted about my nottingham rejection this morning i was like ah well but as they days gone on iv got more and more bummed. liverpools my last hope...

and i got that stupid UCAS media email today too, they are soo annoying!! gives me a heart attack every time x
    Ask for feedback?

ReputationRep:
    ah i hate rejections, come on rvc and liverpool, we want offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Ask for feedback?
    im writing my email as we speak haha my careers teacher said theyre usually pretty good at giving feedback so yeah... will be nice to know where iv gone wrong. glasgow never replied when i emailed them!

ReputationRep:

well ive got my fingers crossed that you get good news from liverpool!
    and the same for anyone else still waiting to hear
    i know how horrible it is waiting to hear from ur final uni but try not to lose hope just yet :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    I used to love them too!

im writing my email as we speak haha my careers teacher said theyre usually pretty good at giving feedback so yeah... will be nice to know where iv gone wrong. glasgow never replied when i emailed them!
    Nottingham don't tend to give out feedback at any stage because they are so secretive and they don't accept re-applicants who have been interviewed. That's my understanding of it, anyway. Bristol are usually really good for feedback, have you asked them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    well ive got my fingers crossed that you get good news from liverpool!
    and the same for anyone else still waiting to hear
    i know how horrible it is waiting to hear from ur final uni but try not to lose hope just yet :rolleyes:
    thankyou!! are you on a gap year atm, is that how your going to canada?! thats what i want to do if i have a gap year. iv always wanted one so i guess it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt get in, but obs id rather defer or go this year than get rejected!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)

Nottingham don't tend to give out feedback at any stage because they are so secretive and they don't accept re-applicants who have been interviewed. That's my understanding of it, anyway. Bristol are usually really good for feedback, have you asked them?
    omg!! so i couldnt reapply next year? ah nooo iv always wanted to go there!! bristol said they wouldnt give feedback but i might email them anyway...

ReputationRep:
    thankyou!! are you on a gap year atm, is that how your going to canada?! thats what i want to do if i have a gap year. iv always wanted one so i guess it wouldnt be so bad if i didnt get in, but obs id rather defer or go this year than get rejected!!
    yeh im on a gap year after getting 4 rejections last year :p: ended up with 2 unconditionals this time round though so its not all bad
    canada is gonna be amazing, im going to work at a huge fancy stables out there for a month, all i have to pay is my flights coz they put me up for free!
    less than a month to go wooooo

ReputationRep:
    just checked my email and the ucas media email gave me a heart attack. seriously though, i'm a mess at the moment, just arrived in liverpool, staying at a travelodge tonight. arrived in liverpool and then spent an hour driving round and round in circle cos my sat nav wouldn't find it...then started sending me the wrong way down one way streets. I ended up phoning my mum in tears to get her to look it up on the internet.

i'm shattered from lambing, and just want to sleep, but need to go and find somewhere to get a passport photo from. i really don't feel like going tomorrow, i'm just going to make a idiot of myself, I am so unprepared and clueless.

sorry....moaning I know....just feel really s***

ReputationRep:
    omg!! so i couldnt reapply next year? ah nooo iv always wanted to go there!! bristol said they wouldnt give feedback but i might email them anyway...
    Nope, unfortunately you can't reapply there. It's silly, isn't it? Another one of the reasons I don't like Notts :p:

Bristol usually give really detailed feedback, that's odd if you've heard otherwise. Did you use Lynda Moore's email address?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• Staffordshire University
    Everything except: Midwifery, Operating Department Practice, Paramedic Undergraduate
    Sun, 21 Oct '18
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.