Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    potential silly question...but...how do you pronounce "brachycephalic"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haddie...)
    Lalala gap years rule

How's Aus?
    If it wasn't for you guys already on gap years, I would be dreaded it. The only thing I'm dreading is my friends leaving

ReputationRep:
    Haddie-how are you coping with the jet lag?! I'm hoping all will just be fine...(haha!!) Steph, friends leaving is by far the worst bit, the best bit, is this morning I'm booking a bus ticket, youth hostel and ordering a new zealand sim card, it will be so worth it in the end. I have 5 really close girl friends, 3 went to uni, 2 had always planned gap years and then me. Yes, when everyone left it was hard work for the 3 of us still at home, especially seeing all their freshers week photos and hearing al their storied, and especially for me as i so desperatley wanted to be there. I went to school till xmas and the other 2 worked, they left on 22nd January to go to S.E Asia, Oz, NZ and Fiji, they've just arrived in Oz, been gone 2 months and have 3 months to go, I leave for NZ in just over a fortnight, will catch up with them for a few weeks but the real reason i'm going is for farm work (my love in life, hahahaha!!). Every single one of our uni friends now wishes they'd had a gap year, cs all the fun they're having now, we're still gonna have next year but we'll all (hopefully!) have had life changing travelling experiences

ReputationRep:
    Aus is great the jet lag wasn't too fun yesterday woke up at 4am and was really tired all day but knew i shouldnt sleep or i wouldnt sleep at night, today has been way better
    friends leaving does suck! but being in Aus know and seeing my friends at uni mega jealous when theyre really busy at work rocks :P and the more i think about it the more i think i'm possibly never going to get the opportunity to do this again! so glad im doing it now, makes everything worth it!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    potential silly question...but...how do you pronounce "brachycephalic"?
    brak-e-sef-al-ic. Hope that makes sense! brak-e, said like tacky, but with a b!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    rach...(: iv got my fingers crossed for us!!! might see you there haha let me know as soon as you know!!
    will let you know and you let me know if you hear anything too !!
    sooo scared
    pleeeease liverpool !!
    x

ReputationRep:
    another day of the waiting game begins!
    I'm at work today, and selling my car tonight so won't be able to check my emails till really late tonight...

I've been thinking about accommodation in Liverpool, which halls are people looking at going to? ensuite or not?

xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_f1)
    another day of the waiting game begins!
    I'm at work today, and selling my car tonight so won't be able to check my emails till really late tonight...

I've been thinking about accommodation in Liverpool, which halls are people looking at going to? ensuite or not?

xx
    i went for d+r self catered not ensuite as my first choice you save like £10 a week for not being ensuite, thats a few more drinks for me

ReputationRep:
    I'm deffo going self catered if I get in, no getting up at silly o clock for breakfast! 12 o clock coco pops for me!
    My sister went catered and she was an early bird, all the people that didn't have breakfast gave her their vouchers so she got to have like 8 breakfasts a day, haha.

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking d+r, it looks nicer than the rest!
    Not sure about ensuite, i think it would be nicer than having to share a bathroom with up to 6 people...but it's £45 a month cheaper... tough decision!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking d+r, it looks nicer than the rest!
    Not sure about ensuite, i think it would be nicer than having to share a bathroom with up to 6 people...but it's £45 a month cheaper... tough decision!
    i put ensuite down as my second choice in the end, i just think that £45 a month could be put to much better use, like buying a bus pass etc

ReputationRep:
    I lived in halls with 15 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms which had 2 toilets in each one. That was a perfect set-up.
    I don't mind sharing bathrooms, but 1 toilet and shower would be annoying! Especially if people have the same lecture times, everyone wants the shower at the same time!!!

ReputationRep:
    you're right, £45 is going to be alot of money, I'll use it as petrol money probs, cos I'm definitely taking my car! Can't live without it... doing my trailer test before uni

ReputationRep:
    im leaving my car at home for the first 3 years probably coz its such a long drive between home and uni each term!

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I'm only in east Yorkshire, only 1h30 to get home, so might as well pay patrol rather than train tickets because it'll work out near enough the same.
    Plus a car is probably a guaranteed way to make friends... especially for the weekly shop! haha!

ReputationRep:
    Plus a car is probably a guaranteed way to make friends... especially for the weekly shop! haha!

Dr 2 be 'likes this'

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do with mine if I get to go, I think I might sell it and buy a motorbike, that will get me home quicker at weekends!
    Then I can make the boyfriend pick me up if I need to bring anything big back home. :P

ReputationRep:
    haha! yer, I'd love a bike too but I'll stick to for wheels for now...

plus i can't get as much shopping on a bike

ReputationRep:
    That's a good point, however, if I went to Liverpool then I get a brilliant bike journey home! Could M62 to it all the way to the A1, or take a detour to Manchester and go along Woodhead Pass, experience the countryside!!!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, loads to catch up on! First of all, CONGRATS jade, you are like an offer machine! So sorry to hear about the Notts rejections, makes me dislike the place even more!

We all went out to celebrate the end of term and a friend's birthday last night, and so many people got stuff stolen My friend's purse, which luckily she got back minus £40, and my other friend's iphone, and someone else's iphone and urgh, was so annoying! Other than that it was really fun, but I am so tired now. Having my traditional first day of the holidays slum day where I do nothing except relax! Hard revision from tomorrow onwards though. Luckily I have already done about half my bio notes, and some physics ones, so not too bad. Going lambing next week!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.