The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oak thats awful! Where did you go?

Seeing as Im now going Cambs Im actually doing some work today... arghhh integration by subsitution! who invented integration? honestly?! And when will anyone but some strange person who decides to take maths at uni ever use it? Mini rant over =]

Cmon RVC - would really like some GOOD news =]
Reply 3941
its not great when all your friends leave...especially with my best friend living in UGANDA for five months. but you adapt and find new ways of getting out and about and having fun...and you become closer to the friends who are still at home. thats what ive found anyway. i didnt even know my current friends this time last year. but a summer of getting going out together several nights a week and im now like one of them,,,the only one who didnt go to their school. its weird how things turn out really.
and on the plus side...CHRISTMAS,,,EASTER and summer holidays are SO much better cos they make you appreciate your friends more and the times you get!! and therefore seem SO much better!!!
this is why while id rather not spend another year in brum,,,i really am not fussed if i have to :smile:

in other news...i have a new chemistry tutor.,..who is AMAZING!!!!
as if i just used the word amazing with reference to anything involving chemistry :p:
xsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply 3942
emmaaa..

as if i just used the word amazing with reference to anything involving chemistry :p:

chemistry is amazing! except ive forgotten all of it already :p: i walked out of my chem lesson once... it was truly awsum :smile: we'd just gotten r module results back and i'd missed an A by like 2 marks and the teacher said he was disappionted in me and I should be disappointed in myself and that I should definately retake! I just stood up and yelled at him that the only real disappointment was his crap style of teaching and if he felt I wasnt doing well enough then I wouldnt be attending his lessons anymore, then i walked out :biggrin:
good old Mr hawkins :p:

edit// ooo my post just came and i got a cheque from the guy i went lambing with :biggrin: even tho i left after a week!
Reply 3943
please RVC pick meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol :biggrin:
I want newwwws :frown:

Cup of tea needed I feel :smile:
Edit - bad times. I've run out of tea bags. Coffee then I guess, not nearly as good!
Reply 3945
coffee rules! :wink:
hollykb
brak-e-sef-al-ic. Hope that makes sense! brak-e, said like tacky, but with a b!

thanks :smile: makes sense, it is just about how I was trying to say it, but I wanted to check!
Reply 3947
coffee :puke:
I'm back from my liverpool interview (and thanks for the good luck wishes after my panic on here yesterday!)

Not as bad as I thought, I thought it would feel stressful and rushed, but didn't seem too bad. Relatively happy with it, now just waiting!

That is all the liverpool interviews over now, so we should all hear soon!

And hopefully if the RVC have done D101 offers, D102 and D100 shouldn't be too long!
Reply 3949
2 Dr. be
please RVC pick meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol :biggrin:

I really must echo this sentiment ...
UCAS ARE SO MEAN! yesterday i finally got round to withdrawing from that course at bristol that was cancelled that i had as back up, then this morning i got an email saying my track had updated and i thought it was a liverpool rejection but it was just that i had withdrawn! i already knew i did that so why did they have to email??? :stomp:
Reply 3951
Annaconda
UCAS ARE SO MEAN! yesterday i finally got round to withdrawing from that course at bristol that was cancelled that i had as back up, then this morning i got an email saying my track had updated and i thought it was a liverpool rejection but it was just that i had withdrawn! i already knew i did that so why did they have to email??? :stomp:

aww thats so annoying!
liverpool need to hurry up! i reckon theyll start on offers tomorrow, rejections friday then the rest of the offers on like monday
fingers crossed for everyone :smile:

kookabura

im glad ur interview wasnt a disaster :smile: and youve not got long to wait for a decision!
Reply 3952
FireAndIce
Oak thats awful! Where did you go?

Cmon RVC - would really like some GOOD news =]

Revs, I have been before but it did seem like a bad night for things getting stolen! The bouncers were really good about it, but I held onto my bag so tightly for the rest of the night!

My track randomly updated a couple of months ago, and I had a heart attack thinking it was another rejection, but it was Notts changing the conditions of my Nat Sciences offer from AAA to specifying subjects, which was completely pointless and they just said A in Bio, Chem and 1 other academic subject! It took me ages to work out what was different. Also, I unsubscribed from UCAS Media back in November, I couldn't stand the strain of seeing an email from UCAS and it then being a Media one!

Glad your interview went well Kookaburra! I think we should hear from them pretty soon now :smile: Also, I really hate tea/coffee. I think I need to do something about that before uni!
Reply 3953
kookabura
thanks :smile: makes sense, it is just about how I was trying to say it, but I wanted to check!

No problem! I discovered the best word ever today, borborygmi! Tummy rumbling! lol
I love tea :smile: Actually saves my life on so many occasions, DofE we would arrive at our campsite and get someone to make tea whilst we put the tents up.
I'm not that big on coffee, I've sort of "discovered" it these last couple of weeks. I have to have one sugar in tea and coffee though :smile:
Chem CW - ugh, I'm just fed up with it now. Have to explain all my calculations as if its being marked by an 8 year old (possibly the mental age of my teacher). Still, couple more weeks and that'll be it.
I'm skiing at Easter, can't wait :biggrin:

Oaktrees - that's pretty bad! I went to a party where someone brought their cousin and his friend, his friend turned out to be a pikey and nicked a load of phones/cameras. Most of it was recovered when they called the police the next day but two phones never came back.

Glad your interview was ok kookabura :smile:

i cant believe someone caught that on video! but either the lorry must have been speeding or the car doing the filming going very slowly.
Reply 3957

omg thats scary!!! how the hell did the lorry man not realise?!
Reply 3958
that was on gmtv yesterday. they interviewed the woman. the lorry driver apparently didnt realise she was there,,,even tho everyone was flashing their hazard lights and stuff.

edit: just read the article and it just said everything i did lol oops x
oaktrees
Glad your interview went well Kookaburra! I think we should hear from them pretty soon now :smile: Also, I really hate tea/coffee. I think I need to do something about that before uni!

I don't like tea or coffee either! At the farm vets I went to the receptionist brought me in sachets of hot chocolate! :yep:

And congrats on the offer Jade and sorry about notts rejections :frown:
I really want Liverpool to hurry up!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending