Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shesmilees)
    I was at 12 when were you? I hate this wait I need to know whether to apply for this thing in Thailand or not! I also feel stupid compared to my medic friends with 3 offers each...
    What thing in Thailand? Just being nosey :rolleyes:

And yes, me too. My medic friend has three offers and I'm very happy for her, but at the same time I feel so inferior.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    What thing in Thailand? Just being nosey :rolleyes:

And yes, me too. My medic friend has three offers and I'm very happy for her, but at the same time I feel so inferior.
    Found a place that costs £500 to work with baby elephants for a month! It looks amazing. I'd rather get straight to university but still looks like a great opportunity! Plus, it would boost my work ex considerably.
    Yeah I am soooo happy for my friends but as I said, I am the only person in my whole year at school without a real offer when I've worked really hard. Just seems unfair but then again, that's life for you!

ReputationRep:
    Two of my closest friends are medics, one has no offers and the other one. They are both fantastic applicants, I think it is such a lottery for med/vet applications

ReputationRep:
    Found a place that costs £500 to work with baby elephants for a month! It looks amazing. I'd rather get straight to university but still looks like a great opportunity! Plus, it would boost my work ex considerably.
    Yeah I am soooo happy for my friends but as I said, I am the only person in my whole year at school without a real offer when I've worked really hard. Just seems unfair but then again, that's life for you!
    You should do it I'm going to Malaysia in the summer for 4 weeks to work with orangutans, I can't wait

And yeah, it's incredibly demoralizing.

ReputationRep:
    So that's it... Liverpool interviews are finished! AAAHHH! Now I'm going to start panicking!

I got some post from Liverpool today confirming the biovet course I have applied for, my heart skipped a beat when I saw the envelope though!

Sorry bout the rejections though guys!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    You should do it I'm going to Malaysia in the summer for 4 weeks to work with orangutans, I can't wait

And yeah, it's incredibly demoralizing.
    Think I will... once I get my Liverpool rejection obviously! Haha
    Why do you we pick such a hard competitive subject?

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Rejection Nottingham it is WooHoo .. Bristol sucked anyway! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Two of my closest friends are medics, one has no offers and the other one. They are both fantastic applicants, I think it is such a lottery for med/vet applications
    Yeah Liverpool did say that if you didn't get in, it means you're unlucky this time. Also, my friend is a second year vet at Glasgow and on their first day they were told that they better work hard as 8 other applicants could have easily been sat in their place!

ReputationRep:
    sam and steph, im sorry. DEFFO their loss.

(Original post by Erulisse)
    Sorry everyone with rejections :console: I also know how it feels...

Erm I was wanting to ask, how many people have regular or permanent "placements" in a vets? are they easy to get, or do you need to know the vet well? How did you arrange yours? I am asking cos I need more sugery experience, but all I can get is very short periods. If I have to I'll do as many of these as I can but I would rather have somewhere I could get to know the surgery etc etc Any help?

Edit: oh yeah and I can't ask my own vet because we use Edinburgh's **** vet and you definitely can't get anything permanent there cos it is teaching...
    i go a vets near my once a week. i started in November 2008 so about a year and a half now. theyre really good with me, they have a couple of us a week....they let me stand in on consults or just help out however i want to. and obviously the longer you're there for the better they'll know you and the more they'll trust you. at my practice there's 6 vets, so while i usually go with one most weeks(HES AMAZING!!), i do go in with others some weeks just to change it up.
    i wrote them a letter asking for a weekly placement and they phoned back saying yeesss, i got my regular placement before i'd ever done any other work exp at vets! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    also it seems crazy that so many of us are just waiting to hear from liverpool! x

ReputationRep:
    My ear is bleeding I randomly touched my earring and ended up with blood on my fingers...I have no idea why though!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Sorry about rejections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    also it seems crazy that so many of us are just waiting to hear from liverpool! x
    Yes but Liverpool seem to be late generally, don't they? I mean, we were told we'd get the questionnaire by the end of November and I got mine at the beginning of December. Stupid Liverpool!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Fingers crossed for liverpool offers or rvc for you all (yn).

ReputationRep:
    I was at 12 when were you? I hate this wait I need to know whether to apply for this thing in Thailand or not! I also feel stupid compared to my medic friends with 3 offers each...
    Ohh i was at 2 we may have seen each other about... who knows.... lol cus we flew over (the only flight we could get) at like 9/10am lol! and were there all morning!
    ohh flip don't talk im the same all the medics have offers and here i am with just the one to tell me what they're gonna do!!
    waiting is the worst...... especially when it's drawn out like this
    oooh thailand???! what's that??
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Sorry about rejections
    When did you get your Liverpool offer?

ReputationRep:
    Yes but Liverpool seem to be late generally, don't they? I mean, we were told we'd get the questionnaire by the end of November and I got mine at the beginning of December. Stupid Liverpool!
    i meant that for lots of us it's the last chance of vet school this year xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Bristol Offer!!!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)
    Ohh i was at 2 we may have seen each other about... who knows.... lol cus we flew over (the only flight we could get) at like 9/10am lol! and were there all morning!
    ohh flip don't talk im the same all the medics have offers and here i am with just the one to tell me what they're gonna do!!
    waiting is the worst...... especially when it's drawn out like this
    x
    Ahh yeah I may have seen you- who knows!
    Found a place that you can work with elephants, bears, tigers etc etc . Looks rather exciting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rach...(:)

x
    LOL

edit: i'm so immature

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.