Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    tink...why don't you do an access course? people from my college have got on vet med, med and denstristry on access and i think its only one year. it's for mature students mainly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    Well Bristol have finally put me out of my misery of waiting with a big fat rejection that they could have just done months ago tbh....bye bye vet school
    Im considering doing A levels in September but can't find anyone that will take me on coz its all 16 to 19s here....and the ones that arent want £9000 per AS subject coz I already have a level three qualification.
    I really want to apply next year but need something to do with my year as well as work experience. Cant handle being at home all the time
    on the plus side mum just said I can have two guinea pigs been asking for ageeeeeees but coz I was meant to be going uni this year she said no....but now I have NOTHING to do with my life so....lol
    i'm so sorry about bristol. it is unfair how u heard nothing till now. If its any consolation, I'm 23 and have wanted to be a vet since i was 16, u may feel really depressed now but u can really tunr ur application around in a year- one day u might be happy u got the year off.. something amazing could happen that u would have missed out on if u'd gone to vet school a year earlier. I for example, got a dog, went traveling around the world and did a whole other degree and i feel like i'm so much more prepared for a vet med degree than i ever thought i was before..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    Have you thought about A levels as evenings classes tink? All the colleges near me won't let adults in full time but loads of us do evening classes, you do have to pay about £300 an AS but that includes all your classes and exams so it isn't that bad really. Also means you'll have lots of time in the day to do work experience!! And guinea pigs do rule!
    Im looking into it at the mo....the colleges round here have changed this year coz theyve just built a new one so a lot of the existing ones are changing their courses. I dont mind paying that much just havent got 9000 hahaha. thanks =) x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    i'm so sorry about bristol. it is unfair how u heard nothing till now. If its any consolation, I'm 23 and have wanted to be a vet since i was 16, u may feel really depressed now but u can really tunr ur application around in a year- one day u might be happy u got the year off.. something amazing could happen that u would have missed out on if u'd gone to vet school a year earlier. I for example, got a dog, went traveling around the world and did a whole other degree and i feel like i'm so much more prepared for a vet med degree than i ever thought i was before..
    Thanks. Yeah Ive wanted to be a vet ever since I can remember tbh so Im not giving up, Just a bit peeved that I have to have another year at home...not got enough money to go travelling or anything but Im goin to look into maybe volunteering abroad for the summer in 2011. we'll see. Yeah Im more annoyed that theyve kept me waiting so long tbh. I knew the last interview date was last week so why keep me waiting for months on end hahaha. never mind
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Nottingham rejections hasn't come up on track yet... has anyone elses, its annoying :P.

ReputationRep:
    Mine has It came up ages ago now, 4 weeks or something. Rejected early this year

ReputationRep:
    COME ON BRISTOL...
    I just want to know ...

I'd rather know sooner than later if its a rejection!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    COME ON BRISTOL...
    I just want to know ...

I'd rather know sooner than later if its a rejection!!
    ditto :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    ditto :yep:
    its just me and you rach!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh OMG guys well done on liverpool offers!!

and sorry about bristol rejections!!

my computer is totally broken, who got the liverpool offers?!

my notts rejection hasnt come up on track yet so im gna die next time it updates thinking its liverpool and then itl be notts updating the rejection i already knew about haha.

not long now guys for liv i dont think...thel have had time to talk about interviews from yesterday so any time!! ahh omg im SO nervous!!

and right..chemistry and history coursework are the bain of my life!!

ReputationRep:
    I thought ditto ment Idiot till a few weeks back :o: was like why do everybody on TSR use ditto? (It does mean same right? )
    so liv have given offers out to march interviewees then...I think there will be some rejections tomorrow, then some more offers begining of next week from all interview dates.

My texel finally gave birth today 3 weeks late, one tup and one ewe lamb
    any idea for names?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I thought ditto ment Idiot till a few weeks back :o: was like why do everybody on TSR use ditto? (It does mean same right? )
    so liv have given offers out to march interviewees then...I think there will be some rejections tomorrow, then some more offers begining of next week from all interview dates.

any idea for names?
    Call one Kieron and the other Salmon in the hope that it will inspire Liv to give you an offer (Kieron Salmon is head of admissions)

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I have never used his before so hi everyone... Um I was wondering if anyone knows anything about doing vet med as a post grad? First, does it matter which degree you do in particular? And second, if you did a degree, but didn't have the exact grades for vet med, can you still get in?

I am assuming that you have to do a degree relevant in some way and have most of the grades (like if you didn't have advanced higher/ a level chemistry, but you did a degree in that then they might overlook that, but if your degree was in... music (not critisising that in anyway btw) and you didnt have chem you wouldnt get in).

Don't know if anyone knows the low down on this but thought I'd give it a try,

thanks for any help

ReputationRep:

any idea for names?
    hahha i love how you thought ditto meant idiot!! we wouldnt be a very friendly bunch if it did since its been said so many times!

and ahhh omg i was interviewed in march!! pleaseeee dont be rejections tomorrow haha.

and woo on the lambys my naming abilities are extremely poor so you wont want my opinion!! :P xx

ReputationRep:
    had so many lambs die today, i dont really like this farm im working at now its not such a friendly atmosphere, and they make me feel bad for asking for help, and i think they think im really slow as they give me the "havnt u finished that yet?" look
    and then they went in for lunch today and a lamb of a triplet died then i stuck my hand in another one and felt 4 legs and a head back so had to get help and the other stuff i have to do is such hard work, my muscles ache so bad, i actually miss night lambing and watching TV half the time :p:

ReputationRep:

any idea for names?

i like names beginning with the letter 'B'

I kinda like 'Bonnie' or 'Blondie'

oh and i like 'Sunny' (though i realise that does not begin with a 'B'!):p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    i like names beginning with the letter 'B'

I kinda like 'Bonnie' or 'Blondie'

oh and i like 'Sunny' (though i realise that does not begin with a 'B'!):p:
    since I'm blonde...don't think naming one blondie would be a good idea!! hehe. But I like sunny, we had New zelander called sunny working for us like 15yrs ago, remeber thinking he had an unusuall but cool name!

and Emilyy thats a good idea, but if they reject me I'll be like damb! hehe

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon all Finished work for the day, feels like the longest day at work EVER! anyway Congratulations on all offers, and sorry about rejections! xxx

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on the offers Sorry about brizzle for those of you
    Rach-thats sad Hope it improves for you!

ReputationRep:
    Woo, off for Easter holidays tomorrow! Yeah, most of it will involve studying/lambing, but still happy it's finally come.

What's the weather like in Yorkshire btw? I'm so excited about going!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.