Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tori687)
    Edinburgh to yorkshire is approx 4 hrs,
    Darlington is between county durham and north yorkshire
    It would take 3 hrs and 15 min from edinburgh city centre to darlington xxx

Ooh, thank you for the info.
    I phoned my farmer, but he was out treating a ewe with the shakes so his wife tried to explain to me how to get there. Not very productive with someone with no navigational skills (I'm surprised I survived through D of E lol). :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starfall)
    :bawling: i just spent £100 on insurance for canada but its gonna be so awsum!!!
    and now i want a guinea pig... itll have to wait til after the summer tho

Guinea pigs will eventually take over the world! :woo: :woo: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaLloydjones)
    Is anyone from North wales here???
    meee!!!! Beddgelert, between Porthmadog and Caernarfon... heard of them places?
    whats happening with your application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Ooh, thank you for the info.
    I phoned my farmer, but he was out treating a ewe with the shakes so his wife tried to explain to me how to get there. Not very productive with someone with no navigational skills (I'm surprised I survived through D of E lol). :yep:
    hehehe made me laugh I would not be able to even start the d of e lol
    :woo: like a rabbit in headlights!
    No worries I had to look it up im from the other end of the country but ive been darlington showing a few times its nice there!

ReputationRep:
    Lol one time I actually managed to get lost on my own in the Highlands because the D of E group went off a bit too far ahead (I was sorting out my equipment for a bit). They were people from a younger school year, so we didn't gel as well as I'd hoped. But yeah, ended up alone and without the map (someone borrowed mine). I'm honestly surprised I made it back haha! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Lol one time I actually managed to get lost on my own in the Highlands because the D of E group went off a bit too far ahead (I was sorting out my equipment for a bit). They were people from a younger school year, so we didn't gel as well as I'd hoped. But yeah, ended up alone and without the map (someone borrowed mine). I'm honestly surprised I made it back haha! :yep:
    hehehe i love it I would be to scared to go and do it, getting lost scares me, sat nav is the love of my life lol x

ReputationRep:
    I found this course...
    Combined Science Access to Higher Education Diploma 3 Part time (day) Northenden Campus
    http://www.themanchestercollege.co.u...ined-science-0

I have no idea if it is suitable just thought it was close to you (30mins away i think) with science and part time to allow you to do work experience to, but you would have to ask the uni if it would help show them your science ability?
    I am not sure if it is to basic a course or if it is sufficent just an idea.??
    ah thank you...I was on their website this morning dont know how I missed that. goes to show how much my head is messed up hahaha.
    I Wish I got distinction in everythin, I was capable of doing it but lack of teachers etc let me down quite a bit. I was the only one on the course to come out with distinctions. literally everyone else ONLY did passes. =/
    and I did AS biology at the same time....came out with a D. two marks away from a C which I know isnt great but coz I was doing two courses my lessons were all over the show. I was in lessons for my own course, with first year AS and medical science for genetics module as well hahaa. I'll look into that access course a bit more thank you =D

thanks everyone. I dont intend on giving up any time soon, just knocked my self esteem an awful lot and I reallllly wanted to spend my 21st on freshers week hahahahaha. never mind... xx
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Don't despair .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    ah thank you...I was on their website this morning dont know how I missed that. goes to show how much my head is messed up hahaha.
    I Wish I got distinction in everythin, I was capable of doing it but lack of teachers etc let me down quite a bit. I was the only one on the course to come out with distinctions. literally everyone else ONLY did passes. =/
    and I did AS biology at the same time....came out with a D. two marks away from a C which I know isnt great but coz I was doing two courses my lessons were all over the show. I was in lessons for my own course, with first year AS and medical science for genetics module as well hahaa. I'll look into that access course a bit more thank you =D

thanks everyone. I dont intend on giving up any time soon, just knocked my self esteem an awful lot and I reallllly wanted to spend my 21st on freshers week hahahahaha. never mind... xx
    No worries, hope i have helped a bit? if i think of anything else i will let you know Yea I dont konw how i found that course really im from somerset so just got on google and googled manc uni's/colleges then found a sciencey course and then tried to find one near to you lol....hmm i could be a detective lol
    pffftttt im celebrating my 21st this weekend in my silly little town i live in, definatly dont need freshers week, you get to have a special 21st now all about you where as freshers week is all about everyone! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    Your position was pretty similar to mine. I started doing a levels but dropped out and then did the national diploma, I think started a job as a zoo keeper whilst I decided what to do with myself. I've been doing a levels at evening classes for 3 years now to get the qualifications I need for vet school. I'm 25 and still may not get an offer this yr (come on RVC!!), so I'll reapply next year. If you really want to be a vet then there's a way to get there, don't give up at the first hurdle!
    Yeah I dont want to give up. Just tricky still living with my mum coz I need my independence....not that she locks me up or anything but I just want my own space now lol and dont want another year with nothing to do
    doing an open uni course at the mo so I learn at home and it gets bit boring bein in most of the time.
    How much did u have to pay to do A levels at night school if u don't mind me asking? x

ReputationRep:
    No worries, hope i have helped a bit? if i think of anything else i will let you know Yea I dont konw how i found that course really im from somerset so just got on google and googled manc uni's/colleges then found a sciencey course and then tried to find one near to you lol....hmm i could be a detective lol
    pffftttt im celebrating my 21st this weekend in my silly little town i live in, definatly dont need freshers week, you get to have a special 21st now all about you where as freshers week is all about everyone! xxx
    yeah thats very true actually wud rather have one at home. especially with it being at the beginning of the academic year, wont know anyone enough for them to fully appreciate it being my birthday hahahaha. ooooh have a good one. I loveeee Somerset used to go there quite a bit when I was little camping =)
    cheddar gorge is abs beautiful. And u shud be a detective. Thanks though I seriously appreciate is xx

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by bambi91
    Nikkit84 how will you find the time? I'd love to keep mine but in the last 2 years students don't even get weekends off, so I've been told. if i kept him i still wouldn't have time to compete him so i guess it's a bit of a waste of a good horse....i need to teach my mum to ride

(Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    can't you just loan him out?
    Yes I personally think this is the best way, that way you still have control over what is happening to your horse (but each to their own opinion). If worst comes to worst and I really don't have time then I would get someone to loan him.

ReputationRep:
    LIVERPOOL OFFER WOOOO!
    Nice suprise to come home to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshhardwick81)
    LIVERPOOL OFFER WOOOO!
    Nice one congrats

ReputationRep:
    yeaaaa well done josh!
    very jealous!! means they gave out some conditionals too xxxxxxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    I originally started AS when I left school ; chem, bio, physics and maths..but I was havin probs at home, hated the college and as a result failed miserably. The principal wouldnt let me re-sit the year despite knowing about my probs at home (stupid college) so she told me to do animal management at another college which dont get me wrong is the BEST thing Ive ever done....I loved it so much. but after being rejected for the pre-lim I wish Id done A levels now.
    If you were in my shoes now what would u do?
    *my shoes = skint with no offers for vet uni* hahahaaha xx
    i cant really say what i'd do in your position, as only you are, and only you really know you're situation and what you're capable of.
    I'd say if you feel you can cope with the pressures of doing chem and bio in one year then go for it (would u also need a third a-level and possibly an as level in other subjects?). or it may be be that the pre-lim courses are the ones you feel you'd be a stronger candidate for. but baring in mind that for the straight vet-med course at least, notthingham do not allow you to reapply if they've previously interviewed you, so this would be something you DEFINITELY need to contact them about before making any decisions.
    we'll get there one day, and it'll make it feel all the more rewarding when we do .

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I'm never ever coming to your house!!! haha do you feed it live rats and stuff? (I know nothing about sankes :o: even though we have way too many around our house)
    nahh theyre dead rats,,,i wouldnt be able to cope with feeding it live ones aha!

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah, once my mum phoned up a pet shop to ask about getting some mice and she seemed really shocked when the guy said, "live or frozen"? Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    meee!!!! Beddgelert, between Porthmadog and Caernarfon... heard of them places?
    whats happening with your application?

Woohoo! Yes I have heard of those places! Im even more of a gog right on the coast near a town called abergele??

I had offers from Edinburgh and Bristol
    Rejection from Cambridge and just the waiting game for Liverpool now!!

How about youuuuu???
    x

ReputationRep:
    "Originally Posted by tink_89
    Well Bristol have finally put me out of my misery of waiting with a big fat rejection that they could have just done months ago tbh....bye bye vet school
    Im considering doing A levels in September but can't find anyone that will take me on coz its all 16 to 19s here....and the ones that arent want £9000 per AS subject coz I already have a level three qualification.
    I really want to apply next year but need something to do with my year as well as work experience. Cant handle being at home all the time
    on the plus side mum just said I can have two guinea pigs been asking for ageeeeeees but coz I was meant to be going uni this year she said no....but now I have NOTHING to do with my life so....lol "

Do you live in London? I did A Levels again in evening classes, it only cost about £300 per class per year. It was hard work as you only get a couple of hours of tuition a week so you have to teach yourself most of the syllabus but I'm so glad I did it. Worked full time at the same time and did voluntary placements at the weekend and three years after leaving school have an offer from Liverpool! I know it's not the easy route, but don't give up on your dream, once you go to uni to do something else it's really hard to get the funding to study again. Besides I lived away from home with friends and then my boyfriend and had a wicked time over the last few years anyway!!!

I think unis really like to see people who have not come from conventional backgrounds, especially Liverpool who love people with a lot of work experience. Besides there are A Level courses that aren't run by private colleges, they are just mainly in London. If you live within a couple of hours of London you could always commute, I know someone who comes from Milton Keynes to do A Level Chemistry because he wants to do medicine.

Go for it, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshhardwick81)
    LIVERPOOL OFFER WOOOO!
    Well done! You have decisions to make now...Bristol or Liverpool?!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.