2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] Watch

oaktrees
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .captainsarah)
Yay you're back!! Please don't disappear! I'm lambing on Monday too, I am just about the email the farmer and ask about my hours actually How did you sort yours out?
Rachhyyyy
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
violin girl, u heard from bristol??
Ali-Ace
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Well done on all the offers guys....

RVC OFFERRRR

Eeeeee
nikkit84
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well done on all the offers everyone!!!!!
.captainsarah
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oaktrees)
Yay you're back!! Please don't disappear! I'm lambing on Monday too, I am just about the email the farmer and ask about my hours actually How did you sort yours out?
Mine's on the estate where I used to keep the horse, so managed to organise it by stopping the farmer in his tractor whilst riding the horse, probably the most original way to go about it :p:
becky90009
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
this is a really weird question but iv been wondering......if you put one uni as your firm, and one as your back up, does the back up uni still hold your place there? Like if you firmed Bristol and put liverpool as your back up or something... would liverpool still keep a place for you and do they know they are your back up? if they do.. how do they make sure they have the right numbers? i am wondering because glasgow told me they have to wait to see who accepts their offers before they can get back to me!
Beckybob
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How exciting!!! Well done Steph especially xx
haddie...
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by becky90009)
this is a really weird question but iv been wondering......if you put one uni as your firm, and one as your back up, does the back up uni still hold your place there? Like if you firmed Bristol and put liverpool as your back up or something... would liverpool still keep a place for you and do they know they are your back up? if they do.. how do they make sure they have the right numbers? i am wondering because glasgow told me they have to wait to see who accepts their offers before they can get back to me!
Not really sure how it works, the unis do know they are your backup though because you cant apply for accommodation at your backup uni. I guess they are able to find out what your firm is and if the grades are the same for both the wouldnt hold your place but if the offer is actually lower they would have to hold the offer
tink_89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by emmaaa..)
i cant really say what i'd do in your position, as only you are, and only you really know you're situation and what you're capable of.
I'd say if you feel you can cope with the pressures of doing chem and bio in one year then go for it (would u also need a third a-level and possibly an as level in other subjects?). or it may be be that the pre-lim courses are the ones you feel you'd be a stronger candidate for. but baring in mind that for the straight vet-med course at least, notthingham do not allow you to reapply if they've previously interviewed you, so this would be something you DEFINITELY need to contact them about before making any decisions.
we'll get there one day, and it'll make it feel all the more rewarding when we do .
Im gonna look into doing chem AS I think and just doing loads of voluntary work. think that shud do it. then when the whole vet process is over I'll contact notts and see if theyd accept an app if I applied for main vet course, or re-apply for pre-vet coz Im not sure on their rules about it...Im pretty much gonna have to have a year out now anyway so gonna look into makin the most of it with what little money I have hahaha. vet med 2011 here I come =/ LOL xx
tink_89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by hollykb)
I paid £300 a year for each subject, so £1800 to do all 3 full A levels! You know Bristol will accept the national diploma along with a chemistry a level, so maybe you could think about that? I did biology all in one year, and business studies. Chemistry would be hard but could be done. Or just stick with AS's. I'm lucky and my college are really flexible, and I have good teachers. It is hard work and you have to be motivated to do alot in your own time, but it'll be worth it
Id manage studying on my own anyway coz the diploma was pretty much self-motivated and my open uni course thiss year definitely is. I think I have enough qualifications got over 400 UCAS points....but considering doing AS chemistry if I can find a way lol xx
tink_89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by green_penguin)
"Originally Posted by tink_89
Well Bristol have finally put me out of my misery of waiting with a big fat rejection that they could have just done months ago tbh....bye bye vet school
Im considering doing A levels in September but can't find anyone that will take me on coz its all 16 to 19s here....and the ones that arent want £9000 per AS subject coz I already have a level three qualification.
I really want to apply next year but need something to do with my year as well as work experience. Cant handle being at home all the time
on the plus side mum just said I can have two guinea pigs been asking for ageeeeeees but coz I was meant to be going uni this year she said no....but now I have NOTHING to do with my life so....lol "

Do you live in London? I did A Levels again in evening classes, it only cost about £300 per class per year. It was hard work as you only get a couple of hours of tuition a week so you have to teach yourself most of the syllabus but I'm so glad I did it. Worked full time at the same time and did voluntary placements at the weekend and three years after leaving school have an offer from Liverpool! I know it's not the easy route, but don't give up on your dream, once you go to uni to do something else it's really hard to get the funding to study again. Besides I lived away from home with friends and then my boyfriend and had a wicked time over the last few years anyway!!!

I think unis really like to see people who have not come from conventional backgrounds, especially Liverpool who love people with a lot of work experience. Besides there are A Level courses that aren't run by private colleges, they are just mainly in London. If you live within a couple of hours of London you could always commute, I know someone who comes from Milton Keynes to do A Level Chemistry because he wants to do medicine.

Go for it, good luck!

nooooo I live in manchester =)
buttt there may be a way of doing the same around here. just need to find out how now lol x
kookabura
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I was worrying when I saw RVC offers had started, have applied for D102, so looks like I am safe until monday.

I am totally and uterally exhausted atm. Been lambing 12 days in a row so far, 12 hour days, only 'break' was a day off for my liverpool interview. Virtually all stupid shearlings who lamb and then walk off and leave it and when you try and catch them just run 'at' you. Had one actually jump over my head today. Had just over 100 sheep lamb today, which was just manic, we had no pens left anywhere. Couldn't decide whether to laugh or cry and seemed to end up spending most of my time just giggling because I had reached the point I couldn't actually make any coherant sense. I sooo don't want to be back there again tomorrow
tink_89
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by .captainsarah)
Yay! This post makes me happy for the first time in 3 weeks!
See, now you won't need to reapply with me :woo:
Congratulations on all the offers everyone, very happy for everyone I have now withdrawn entirely, so should probably get out of this thread :p:
me too lol. well I have three rejections and Im declining my zoology back up I think. Think I still have enough fight in me to have a go at reapplying for 2011 entry =) gap year number two here I come........ lol xx
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tink_89)
me too lol. well I have three rejections and Im declining my zoology back up I think. Think I still have enough fight in me to have a go at reapplying for 2011 entry =) gap year number two here I come........ lol xx
me 3!! but slovakia 2k12 it shall be, I'll be able to go skiing in the winter during weekends for just 40euros, and they have a race course at the uni, and lots of exotics...I'm starting to love my plan B more than plan A now :woo:
have you looked at studying at UVM Kosice at all?
mizz-watkin
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by becky90009)
liverpool would see that they are your insurance choice, if you didnt get bristol and got grades for liverpool then as long as you meet what they asked you for you get a place there. Same goes for anywhere as long as you meet the requirements wether they are your firm or insurance you get a place!! And glasgow obvo have filled all there offers they want to give out but lets say 50 decline them then they free up 50 places so then they may offer you a place....upon which you either accept as firm/insurance or decline. You can apply for accom at both of your insurance and firm and you should do this, last year a friend of mine only applied for accom at her firm...didnt get in then didnt have any where to live so had to run around like mad trying to find a house that was free and of good standards!! I hope this helps!!
*~Claire~*
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by tink_89)
Im gonna look into doing chem AS I think and just doing loads of voluntary work. think that shud do it.
Hi
If possible I'd say do 3 A levels if you can. I did the Animal Management BTEC and an Animal Science degree and was still advised to go back to college to do my A levels. Obviously if you can get in without having to do that then great, but I just wanted to let you know that's what I had to do before I could even apply! Good luck with whatever you decide!

(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
me 3!! but slovakia 2k12 it shall be...I'm starting to love my plan B more than plan A now :woo:
have you looked at studying at UVM Kosice at all?
Wow, is that what you've decided on? I looked into it too, it looks like a good course! I keep thinking about applying but then I chicken out again!
x_dwin_ffeimys_x
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by *~Claire~*)
Hi
If possible I'd say do 3 A levels if you can. I did the Animal Management BTEC and an Animal Science degree and was still advised to go back to college to do my A levels. Obviously if you can get in without having to do that then great, but I just wanted to let you know that's what I had to do before I could even apply! Good luck with whatever you decide!

Wow, is that what you've decided on? I looked into it too, it looks like a good course! I keep thinking about applying but then I chicken out again!
I'm going to Glasgow for 2 years first (or maby 3 depends how much I fall in love with the place) then afterwards apply for the 4 yr course over in slovakia (only have to do 2 years of bio-vets to qualify as a grad) thats my plan so far, I'd rather go to slovakai than London, might apply to notts if I finish my degree, but atm I'm all for Slovakk!
You have an offer at Bristol though? suppose the fees are way too high though :/ which sucks arss!
*~Claire~*
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
I'm going to Glasgow for 2 years first (or maby 3 depends how much I fall in love with the place) then afterwards apply for the 4 yr course over in slovakia (only have to do 2 years of bio-vets to qualify as a grad) thats my plan so far, I'd rather go to slovakai than London, might apply to notts if I finish my degree, but atm I'm all for Slovakk!
You have an offer at Bristol though? suppose the fees are way too high though :/ which sucks arss!
Ah, I see! Good luck, sounds like you have a plan! Who knows, maybe they'll reduce the grad fees at the UK unis by the time you're ready to apply again and you could stay on at Glasgow for vetmed?! Here's hoping!
Yeah, I have an unconditional Bristol offer which is actually like a form of torture - having an offer but not being able to afford it! I shouldn't have applied there really but now I've learnt my lesson! Still, I'm doing the lottery every week so all hope's not lost!
oaktrees
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Argh I just watched A walk to remember for some idiotic reason! I am now weeping buckets! I really needed an early night as well
nicola92
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by oaktrees)
Argh I just watched A walk to remember for some idiotic reason! I am now weeping buckets! I really needed an early night as well
awwh i cried so much at that, good film though..i have no idea why i watch films that make me cry
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (762)
90.39%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (81)
9.61%

Watched Threads