Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    congrats to everyone with offers. you guys deserve it!
    im glad to be off for 2 weeks from today, have a nice break and then back to finishing assignments before i go back.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm the only one that got an RVC rejection today then I'm off to find the 2011 thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    Looks like I'm the only one that got an RVC rejection today then I'm off to find the 2011 thread.

u got a rejection?? oh nooo i'm soo sorry..

i'm gonna check my track now- i probably got one too .. did ucas send u an e-mail? x

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they did, I got it at about 4 this afternoon, I just haven't been on here since then coz I went to see my dad, that was a jolly visit! Looks like I'm the only one as well which sucks even more

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they did, I got it at about 4 this afternoon, I just haven't been on here since then coz I went to see my dad, that was a jolly visit! Looks like I'm the only one as well which sucks even more
    thats weird, mine must be on its way still .. i'm so sorry - x

ReputationRep:
    Nah you'll get an offer, everyone else has. I knew my interview wasn't great but I was hoping I'd managed to blag it. I've got an offer to do biovet sciences but just looking at graduate fees and pretty sure I can't afford that route. Yet another 'gap' year by the looks of it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry - you weren't the only one to get a RVC rejection - I got mine today as well. Someone has to get them I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vetvetvetvetvet)
    Don't worry - you weren't the only one to get a RVC rejection - I got mine today as well. Someone has to get them I suppose!
    did u get urs at 4 too? i'm so sorry guys.. rejections are so upsetting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    did u get urs at 4 too? i'm so sorry guys.. rejections are so upsetting
    I wish I hadn't changed my application from D102 to D100 now - I could have delayed my rejection until Monday and still had another weekend thinking I might just get to be a vet. Just not meant to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vetvetvetvetvet)
    Ok well I feel vaguely better as I'm not totally alone! That was my last shot too, game over for this year now. Not sure what to do next.

ReputationRep:

Oh sorry holly thats crap

And chin up Dr. 2 be its not a rejection yet!

ReputationRep:
    I'm really sorry to hear about the rejections

(Original post by .captainsarah)
    Have you heard back from Liverpool yet? I've been busy lately and not been on so have missed loads
    Start lambing soon (hopefully Monday!)
    Nope, not yet. Big fat rejection I think. I don't mind TOO much now

(Original post by oaktrees)
    Argh I just watched A walk to remember for some idiotic reason! I am now weeping buckets! I really needed an early night as well
    Yep :yep: That makes me cry lots. The soundtrack is really good. Switchfoot :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Yep :yep: That makes me cry lots. The soundtrack is really good. Switchfoot :love:
    But is there any film that doesn't result in you crying? :p:

ReputationRep:
    WELL DONE EVERYONE!!!

I'm really sorry for those of you who it hasn't worked out for, please don't leave us though!!!

Sam-I am so so pleased for you, your determination and commitment has paid off, you're gonna be a vet

Steph- There is noone I'm more pleased for today than you, I love your sig, become a hermit, it'll be so worth it when you ram it in the faces of those who didn't have enough faith!! I am sadI won't be going to vet school with you, but.... so so pleased and proud of you that you're going Well done, you did good girl!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    me 3!! but slovakia 2k12 it shall be, I'll be able to go skiing in the winter during weekends for just 40euros, and they have a race course at the uni, and lots of exotics...I'm starting to love my plan B more than plan A now :woo:
    have you looked at studying at UVM Kosice at all?
    whats that? haha x

ReputationRep:
    Right, I have awoken today in less of a 'my life is over' outlook! Firstly, I am really pleased for everyone that's got offers! I know it's second time round for a lot of you so that'll be me next year
    Now I just need some fun ideas for what to do with my life for another year! Anyone got any good ones?

ReputationRep:
    Sorry about rejections, that sucks massively

I just firmed Cam and insuranced RVC :woo: exciting stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    whats that? haha x
    There is a thread under the vet forum that explains it all,
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=843253
    but basically it's a vet school in Slovakia, £7k a year, you can either do the 6 year course as an Undergrad, all you have to do is pass an entrance exam and BAM you are in, (acctually you might have to send in a PSas well :rolleyes: ) but it's not half as competetive as over here. The other option is the grad route which I'm hoping on taking, which is 4yrs, to qualify for this route you have to study science releted subject in the UK for at least 2years. And don't have to sit the entrance exam.
    this is a video about the uni
    http://www.facebook.com/video/video....1802089&ref=mf

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh so sorry Holly! and vetvetvet, I really hate hearing about rejections. Any ideas what you will do now?

ReputationRep:
    morning every1 :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.