Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Ahhh so sorry Holly! and vetvetvet, I really hate hearing about rejections. Any ideas what you will do now?
    I think reapply for next year. I'd really like to do the biovet degree and go the graduate way, it looks like a really interesting course, but financially I really don't think it's viable. Not sure what other options there are really.

ReputationRep:
    just had a seriouslyyyyyy stressful night. i could not stop my friend from crying. and then her best friends started crying because she was crying. then she lost her phone. such a bizarre night :/.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    But is there any film that doesn't result in you crying? :p:
    There are several. But, granted, they are few and far between. I even cried at Mulan the night before last, despite having seen it about 10 times. It always gets to me when the General dies I am never, ever watching My Sister's Keeper again, though. I watched it for the first time on results day and it just about killed me inside.

Ahh, I can't wait for tonight. I'm going to a massive party and two fellow vet applicants (one re-applicant) are also going and we all got RVC offers yesterday, so we are going to drink and celebrate rather than drown our sorrows as the original plan was :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    There are several. But, granted, they are few and far between. I even cried at Mulan the night before last, despite having seen it about 10 times. It always gets to me when the General dies I am never, ever watching My Sister's Keeper again, though. I watched it for the first time on results day and it just about killed me inside.

Ahh, I can't wait for tonight. I'm going to a massive party and two fellow vet applicants (one re-applicant) are also going and we all got RVC offers yesterday, so we are going to drink and celebrate rather than drown our sorrows as the original plan was :yep:

aww u deserve it- I hope you have lots of fun!! I'v been thinking a lot about RVC and I realised that i had kind of lost sight of my actual goal.. its weird .. i was watching 'zoo days' on channel five and there was a vet doing some surgery at a zoo.. and i thought to myself.. what am i getting all worked up about!?? i'm still gonna be doing that.. i'm going to vet no matter what! and i just got really excited and kind of saw the bigger picture so happy days

ReputationRep:
    ooooooohhh yeah got my lincoln rejection today too.

ReputationRep:
    aw sorry holly, but yeh gap year it and try agen next time, years out are so much fun, im loving mine (not sso much at the moment full-time lambing but most of the time im living it :p: ) i only got 1 interview last year, so its very easy to turn that around and get offers next year and will save u ALOT of dosh, and graduate entry is just as hard anyway!

in yr gap year, i would try and improve yr app as much as u can before oct 15th, just try and chill out, have fun, meet new people and enjoy a break from studying, put everything into yr new application and just beleive in yrself GOOD LUCK, i will be lurking on TSR next year looking out for you

ReputationRep:
    I will also be lurking on TSRlooking out for you all, I expect good things of you!!! A gap years worth it, definitly!!! I'm enjoying mine now, 100%, to begin with fair enough it wasn't great, but a few months of 'averageness' have meant that I'm gonna have a life as a vet,now what would you prefer?!?! I hope that the reapps on here can show to the first timers that really it is soooo worth it!! Since i finished my exams, I spent a month full time paid lambing which is my idea of heaven (only better would have been a months dairy!!!) now I'm working full time, earning myhself some cash, and then off on my travels, sooooooo worth the gap year, yes I missed out on the making new friends and uni this year, but when I go next year, I'll have had some life changing experiences that truly have been once in a lifetime!! Its worth it

ReputationRep:
    i'm enjoying my gap year cos i get to sit around doing nothing

ReputationRep:
    OMFG just firmed Cambs n insurance RVC .... I was really quite scared doing it haha
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Grrr, still in my dilemma :P. I wanna pick something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Grrr, still in my dilemma :P. I wanna pick something!
    haha i would love to be in your dilemma :p:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by nicola92)
    haha i would love to be in your dilemma :p:
    I know.. thing is I can't choose between bristol and liverpool :eek3:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    or nottingham.. extra year but if it had been the main course I'd have firmed it..

ReputationRep:
    jade why dont u put notts as yr insurance?? then WHATEVER happens u'l be going somewher, i mean i dont no what yr grades r like i guiess if yr confident on getting AAB you could put bristol liverpool as firm and insurance but if u like notts it would prob be a good idea to use that as insurance...

everyoen says this but why not write a list of pros and cons?? or just go with yr initial thought??

i have no problem choosing between the 3 offers i have, if i get bristol i will be i the biggest dilemma EVER
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    I think notts will be insurance :P.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    I think notts will be insurance :P.
    yeh thats cool, u might aswell, its better that than missing the grades and having to take a gap year, as that would be teh same amount of tome, plus u wud no u get to study at nottingham which u really like, although im sure u will get AAB as ur grades are awesome :yes:

liverpool or bristol??? what do u like about each? or dislike for that matter? :rolleyes: hmmmm... its so hard to choose, u could always pick it out of a hat

ReputationRep:
    Pick out of a hat, and then if you're disappointed with what you get you'll know you should have picked the other

I also firm/insuranced today :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Pick out of a hat, and then if you're disappointed with what you get you'll know you should have picked the other

I also firm/insuranced today :woo:
    This! I am the worst person ever at making decisions, probably a good thing I didn't have that problem with UCAS, but seriously, if I really can't make up my mind I do this. It really works.

Yay Claire! I had to check mine so many times to make sure I had firmed and declined the right offers! In fact...I might just go and check one more time, just to be certain!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    yeh thats cool, u might aswell, its better that than missing the grades and having to take a gap year, as that would be teh same amount of tome, plus u wud no u get to study at nottingham which u really like, although im sure u will get AAB as ur grades are awesome :yes:

liverpool or bristol??? what do u like about each? or dislike for that matter? :rolleyes: hmmmm... its so hard to choose, u could always pick it out of a hat

Bristol:
    The atmosphere of the partner campus was amazing, and it was by far the place where I could image myself in the fourth and fifth year. The course seemed very well organised, and there are new developments, as well as a high case load, and an excellent reputation amongst prospective employers. Encouraged to intercalate in research, and chance at the end to have elective rotation for a period of weeks.
    Unsure about how developments are continuing and the distance is the furthest. Expensive accommodation.

Liverpool:

Liverpool
    Excellent teaching and research facilities, and the best employment rate, also the staff at were very welcoming and friendly.
    Not so keen on Liverpool as a city but only seen the boarded up part, but it is the nearest, also the accommodation seems fairly priced.

ReputationRep:
    want some help to put you off Bristol :p: hehe

got a 'firm Liverpool' letter today, I'm like, well if I had an offer of AAB I probablly would...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Teesside University
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.