Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    A vet I worked with when to RVC and intercalated at another London uni (can't remember which) and did Japanese, despite never having studied it before at any level :rolleyes: He was a really random guy, brilliant vet too :yep: I'm still not really sure why he did it...
    That's kind of awesome I'd want to do it...just because you can :p:

ReputationRep:
    I have met lots of intercalating vets from the RVC on my course.. lots of them to the Toxicology module..

ReputationRep:
    The farm I am working at should be on countryfile now Dunsa Farm, at Chatsworth House in Derbyshire

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    Nah you'll get an offer, everyone else has. I knew my interview wasn't great but I was hoping I'd managed to blag it. I've got an offer to do biovet sciences but just looking at graduate fees and pretty sure I can't afford that route. Yet another 'gap' year by the looks of it.
    we should start our own thread holly. Gap year number 2!! Im looking for stuff to do with my year already. Really want to go abroad and do something but its soooo expensive, I need another job first, only on 300 a month at the mo and not a chance I can afford to go away on that. Sorry about RVC rejection think positive. We'll be 2011 vet applicants instead hahaha =) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    I don't know
    A lot of people do Zoology, I'm quite interested in some of the genetics stuff available. Or I could go random and do German or History or something
    last year when I applied to cam I was planning on doing Spanish as my intercalation haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    we should start our own thread holly. Gap year number 2!! Im looking for stuff to do with my year already. Really want to go abroad and do something but its soooo expensive, I need another job first, only on 300 a month at the mo and not a chance I can afford to go away on that. Sorry about RVC rejection think positive. We'll be 2011 vet applicants instead hahaha =) xx
    ill most likely be joining your group aha.
    did i just see something on your facebook about working with elephants somewhere??? xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    My little cuzn want to be a vet she's nine, and found it hillerious when she saw our chikens having sex! haha I'm goign to get her into vet school first time, by the time she applies I should ahve graduated if I pass!! haha

and about interglating...NO WAY!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    ill most likely be joining your group aha.
    did i just see something on your facebook about working with elephants somewhere??? xxxxxx
    hahaha
    yeah you did but its just a dream for now. realistically I cant afford it but Im still job hunting for a job with more hours so that hopefully it'll become reality.
    to do one month in india its £1990 then I need a visa which is £80.17, flight money £795, a passport (coz I dont have one yet haha) which is £77.50 and then vaccinations (not sure how much they are tho)
    come with me if you want more the merrier haha
    slightly scared of flying on my own coz Ive NEVER been on a plane
    think Id like it just dont really wanna be on my own for the first time haha
    my friend prob would have come with me coz she wanted to be a vet but an unexpected pregnancy last year has set her back and now she has a daughter to look after so I dont think she'd wanna leave her that long lol
    so yeaaaah it looks realllly fun. Might work my ass off just for that experience....no social life here I come haha
    been looking into getting a placement at blackpool zoo as well but they dont have any that I can do yet (in terms of getting time off work)
    there are placements on there though if anyone else is interested?
    xxxxx

actually its £1990 including flights so thats not so bad. silly me posted the total coz I have money scrawled all over my note book hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    hahaha
    yeah you did but its just a dream for now. realistically I cant afford it but Im still job hunting for a job with more hours so that hopefully it'll become reality.
    to do one month in india its £1990 then I need a visa which is £80.17, flight money £795, a passport (coz I dont have one yet haha) which is £77.50 and then vaccinations (not sure how much they are tho)
    come with me if you want more the merrier haha
    slightly scared of flying on my own coz Ive NEVER been on a plane
    think Id like it just dont really wanna be on my own for the first time haha
    my friend prob would have come with me coz she wanted to be a vet but an unexpected pregnancy last year has set her back and now she has a daughter to look after so I dont think she'd wanna leave her that long lol
    so yeaaaah it looks realllly fun. Might work my ass off just for that experience....no social life here I come haha
    been looking into getting a placement at blackpool zoo as well but they dont have any that I can do yet (in terms of getting time off work)
    there are placements on there though if anyone else is interested?
    xxxxx
    ohhh i am very interested should i email them or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    ohhh i am very interested should i email them or something?
    http://www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk/work_experience.cfm

go on that and it shows the placements available then theres an online application form to print off =) xxx

ReputationRep:
    http://www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk/work_experience.cfm

go on that and it shows the placements available then theres an online application form to print off =) xxx
    thankyouu for that xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Lambing tomorrow though :love:
    Me too :woo:
    Found the farmer today, and they had their first lamb yesterday so tomorrow we'll be moving the first batch of ewes in and setting up all the lambing pens.

Is it wrong that I've always thought intercalation was intercalculation? Don't know why!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    How is everyone today? . I still can't make my mind up.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Me too :woo:
    Found the farmer today, and they had their first lamb yesterday so tomorrow we'll be moving the first batch of ewes in and setting up all the lambing pens.

Is it wrong that I've always thought intercalation was intercalculation? Don't know why!
    I said that at brizzle. They corrected me.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    I said that at brizzle. They corrected me.:rolleyes:
    lol.. i might start saying intercalculation.. it sounds better

No progress at all which ur gonna chose as ur firm and back up?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    lol.. i might start saying intercalculation.. it sounds better

No progress at all which ur gonna chose as ur firm and back up?

Nope, no progress. . I'm dooommmed.:p:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Nottingham should have given me a main course offer. then it would have been so much easier

ReputationRep:
    a passport (coz I dont have one yet haha) which is £77.50
    I still think it's ridiculous just getting a passport renewed is £77.50. It's even more painful that I only have to do it now as it expires about 30 odd days sooner than my trip to America would permit.

But the woman I spoke to on the phone about it sounded very cute :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I still think it's ridiculous just getting a passport renewed is £77.50. It's even more painful that I only have to do it now as it expires about 30 odd days sooner than my trip to America would permit.

But the woman I spoke to on the phone about it sounded very cute :yep:
    does that mean that I got it wrong then and its actually MORE than that for your first passport :O ??

and how do you sounnnnd cute on the phone hahahaha =) xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Nottingham should have given me a main course offer. then it would have been so much easier
    I dnt understand why u were interviewed for the 6 year when u got offers everywhere else for the 5 year? Was there something in ur application that was lacking specifically for the 5 year at Notts? I take it Notts. would have been ur first choice if it was the 5 year?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.