• Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    I dnt understand why u were interviewed for the 6 year when u got offers everywhere else for the 5 year? Was there something in ur application that was lacking specifically for the 5 year at Notts? I take it Notts. would have been ur first choice if it was the 5 year?
    Yes. . There was nothing at all lacking in my application there, or they wouldn't have given me an interview for the gateway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    does that mean that I got it wrong then and its actually MORE than that for your first passport :O ??

and how do you sounnnnd cute on the phone hahahaha =) xx
    No no, it's the same price. Which baffles me. Surely, as a loyal customer and bearer of four passports, I'm entitled to some discount :p:

Well, she managed it very well. I like to think I pull it off when I talk on the phone, but I suspect Steph will have something different to say. Bless her and her East End accent :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    RVC Offer!

I really thought i had no chance, so thank you to everyone for being so supportive, as i was actually going mad with worry about it.

Well done to everyone else with offers, and those that haven't i'm sure you'll all work really hard and get loads of offers next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    I like to think I pull it off when I talk on the phone
    :rolleyes:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    RVC Offer!

I really thought i had no chance, so thank you to everyone for being so supportive, as i was actually going mad with worry about it.

Well done to everyone else with offers, and those that haven't i'm sure you'll all work really hard and get loads of offers next year
    congratulations :woo: :woo: . I think we've all been really stressed over the application process .

ReputationRep:
    RVC Offer!

Well done Did you get it on Friday too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Yes. . There was nothing at all lacking in my application there, or they wouldn't have given me an interview for the gateway.
    how strange.. :confused:

Edit: okay.. just went on the notts. website.. think i was mixing up lincoln with gateway.. makes a lil more sense now..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Well done Did you get it on Friday too?
    yep but my internet was broken for ages had to borrow a phone to find out so only just been able to post this

ReputationRep:
    :woo: :woo: :woo: CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! I was so hoping you would get one! That is brilliant, well done!!!!!!

Edit: Sarah, that is exciting about your lambing! I have no idea what I'm doing, but apparently their daughter is 20 and is going to be looking after me so hopefully she is nice! Think I will be following her around for a bit. I will tell you all about it tomorrow, we can compare lambing stories!

ReputationRep:
    i don't really get the Nottingham gateway? is it like if your parents didn't go uni and you get ema you apply to it, or is there more to it than that? I couldn't find much about it on the Nottingham website

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    i don't really get the Nottingham gateway? is it like if your parents didn't go uni and you get ema you apply to it, or is there more to it than that? I couldn't find much about it on the Nottingham website
    yeb it's balls, coz then ppl like myself, who have parents who have contributed hugely to the ecconomy, can not apply....EMA has been slated earlier on in this thread as well!! It would make more sens if 'people who have other siblings going through uni' would be one of the choices!
    I don't get money off of my parents unless I work for it, ppl think that just because my mum and dad earn some money then their children don't need help in getting a degree WTF!

ReputationRep:
    EMA is a very flawed system, it would make more sense to give people from 'lower income households' vouchers for textbooks and travel, rather than giving them £30 a week to spend on booze. Most of my friends on EMA haven't bothered getting a job because they get 'free money' as one of them puts it. Surely that isn't really teaching them about responsibility and money-handling? Oh well, nothing we can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    No no, it's the same price. Which baffles me. Surely, as a loyal customer and bearer of four passports, I'm entitled to some discount :p:

Well, she managed it very well. I like to think I pull it off when I talk on the phone, but I suspect Steph will have something different to say. Bless her and her East End accent :rolleyes:
    hahaha fair enough. My accents well dodgy :p: Im originally from Blackpool so I have a bit of that, then moved to manchester and went college in bury so Ive picked up accents from everywhere hahahaha =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    How is everyone today? . I still can't make my mind up.
    You do have quite a few to choose from :p:

I take it Lincoln will be your insurance???? So you're just trying to decide your firm???? Is there any one of them that you can effectively cross off your list - or are they all on an equal level? Or maybe just go with your instinct.............. :o:

Mind you saying that I don't where to pick and it's only a choice between two :rolleyes: hmmm............................ .... I've made my pro's and con's list, but that didn't really help me either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    You do have quite a few to choose from :p:

I take it Lincoln will be your insurance???? So you're just trying to decide your firm???? Is there any one of them that you can effectively cross off your list - or are they all on an equal level? Or maybe just go with your instinct.............. :o:

Mind you saying that I don't where to pick and it's only a choice between two :rolleyes: hmmm............................ .... I've made my pro's and con's list, but that didn't really help me either
    If I was in your position, I would go to liverpool as i'm not to keen on living in busy London! However maybe it's worth phoning vets in your area to speak to ones who studied at rvc and liv n hear their experiences? X

ReputationRep:
    You know lambs are prone to getting bad eyes, and they get all gloopy and stuck together and weepy, thats what I look like this morning!! hahaha Apparently I have severe conjunctivitis, the good bit is though, day off work to catch up on sleep and watch films And..... check track obsessively!!! Good luck today people

ReputationRep:
    Hi, still not had my track updated for Nottingham even though I got rejected in January by post..
    Do you reckon it will just put the rejection on when we get to 31st March??
    I don't want to withdraw from the course as it would be a lot easier to go to Nottingham.

Has anyone else still not got their UCAS update for the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    Now I'm getting really frustrated with liv, just flipping get on and reject me and then i can firm bristol!!! Grrr, This is the annoying bit of stalking my emails all the time!!!

Just out of interest, given the chouce of bristol/liv where would people pick?? I think I'm bristol inclined (i know i don't have a liv offer, but even so) i can't see a major course advantage of one over the other really, especially as my interest's in large animals, esp dairy

Rach-have you heard from brizzle yet????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Yeah as fireandice says above if you don't like living in a big busy city maybe RVC is not for you but if you like city life there is no where better
    Once i hear back from liverpool i am firming RVC! It was a really hard choice between RVC and glas but i knew in my gut that is where i have always wanted and dreamed to go so just do a bit of soul searching of where you really want to go. The most important thing is you go somewhere you will be happy :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Any gateway or grad rvc offers yet????

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.