Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    And still no news, today is really really quiet, where is everyone?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Enor)
    And still no news, today is really really quiet, where is everyone?!
    I'm floating around =D

Although i'm in biology YAWN

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    hahaha
    yeah you did but its just a dream for now. realistically I cant afford it but Im still job hunting for a job with more hours so that hopefully it'll become reality.
    to do one month in india its £1990 then I need a visa which is £80.17, flight money £795, a passport (coz I dont have one yet haha) which is £77.50 and then vaccinations (not sure how much they are tho)
    come with me if you want more the merrier haha
    slightly scared of flying on my own coz Ive NEVER been on a plane
    think Id like it just dont really wanna be on my own for the first time haha
    my friend prob would have come with me coz she wanted to be a vet but an unexpected pregnancy last year has set her back and now she has a daughter to look after so I dont think she'd wanna leave her that long lol
    so yeaaaah it looks realllly fun. Might work my ass off just for that experience....no social life here I come haha
    been looking into getting a placement at blackpool zoo as well but they dont have any that I can do yet (in terms of getting time off work)
    there are placements on there though if anyone else is interested?
    xxxxx

actually its £1990 including flights so thats not so bad. silly me posted the total coz I have money scrawled all over my note book hahahahaha
    that sounds like a really good experience...i'd love to do something like that with elephants. does seem hella expensive though when you show all the different costs like that.
    i think i'm going to do a month somewhere in africa in summer 2011 though. my friend (he is not vetty related at all...infact does criminology at keele!) suggested we go do some work with animals somewhere for a month. which is thought was a really good idea, so definitely something we're going to look into.

and btw, the work experience programme at blackpool zoo looks AMAZING!!!! looks really well organised and its brilliant that they're clearly wanting to people to get active and actually do experience there. unlike ALL the zoos around me :rolleyes:
    the part of that that appeals to me the most would be the research section, i might even email them about it but i'd need to find accommodation in the area..one for next year i think!!!

and enor im here, watching, lurking for news. haha
    but the email checking is killing me so i have to get out of this house right now, for my own sanity :|

ReputationRep:
    RVC D102 unconditional offer!!!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by samz56)
    You do have quite a few to choose from :p:

I take it Lincoln will be your insurance???? So you're just trying to decide your firm???? Is there any one of them that you can effectively cross off your list - or are they all on an equal level? Or maybe just go with your instinct.............. :o:

Mind you saying that I don't where to pick and it's only a choice between two :rolleyes: hmmm............................ .... I've made my pro's and con's list, but that didn't really help me either
    RVC is crossed off, purely because its London, more expensive and AAA entry. I have a choice, Bristol or Liverpool.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Kattiie)
    RVC D102 unconditional offer!!!

Congrats.

ReputationRep:
    :love: lambing

I seriously love it. I have come home quite early today, because I have to revise But tomorrow and Weds I'm on 8-6, Thurs 8-1 and Friday 12-8. I compromised with my mum so at least I am doing a bit of revision this week! But it is so much fun, had one deformed lamb this morning, it was still alive when it was born though. Then so many triplets so been doing a lot of adopting, and moving sheep around from place to place.

Well done on the D102 offer! Is that accelerated?

Also, everyone pick Bristol! I have heard nothing but good things about the Uni and place itself, and the vet school will be awesome when we are there

ReputationRep:
    RVC Graduate unconditional offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    looks like RVC have given out D102 offers today and they gave out D100 offers on friday.. so not looking good for me unfortunately ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleroboat)
    RVC Graduate unconditional offer!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! U SO DESERVE THIS XXXX

ReputationRep:
    Guy, do NOT give up!

Well done to RVC offers :woo:

I was really expecting some Liverpool news today...

ReputationRep:
    Hey Steph..

which would u chose out of Liverpool and the RVC? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Hey Steph..

which would u chose out of Liverpool and the RVC? x
    Liverpool, definitely. But I think they've given out all their offers and I'm more than happy with RVC. I just don't think I can get AAA.

ReputationRep:
    This is actually ridiculous! Given that the deadline is in 2 days, and we all sent in our applications 6 months ago, why do they leave it until the last possible minute to give their decisions?! I'm not even waiting for anything and it's peeing me off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! U SO DESERVE THIS XXXX
    Thanks hun. Please don't lose heart.....there could still be an offer there for you. REALLY hope to see you there!!!!!

I'm absolutely in shock. I'm so excited

ReputationRep:
    im still waiting for RVC grrrrr for D190 when i saw that they had given out the D102 today my heart was pounding....just looked on UCAS and still nothing yet its driving me mad! My birthday is tomorrow so i wanted it to be last week so i new.....now if i see that people are getting offers i have to look to see if my ucas has been updated ir not!!!

ReputationRep:
    Someone posted a link a while back to a site for working abroad? You had to pay a bit to get contact details of host people?? Can you post it again, I can't find it!!

ReputationRep:
    no liverpool offers today? D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    we should start our own thread holly. Gap year number 2!! Im looking for stuff to do with my year already. Really want to go abroad and do something but its soooo expensive, I need another job first, only on 300 a month at the mo and not a chance I can afford to go away on that. Sorry about RVC rejection think positive. We'll be 2011 vet applicants instead hahaha =) xx
    Yeh! Gap years rule!! Although technically it'll be gap year number 7 for me but same thing You'll all be jealous when we're in india riding elephants and you're in boring lectures about cells and stuff! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I think we, the gatewayers, are gonna be the last ones to hear from RVC.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.