Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    awwww thanks everyone, its completely 50:50 with bristol V edinburgh, ive got one hell of a big decision to make....

im gona ring a bristol lecturer and see what he thinks as he will know bristols situation better than anyone, and i know he would be very honest on the future of the vet school, any possible problems etc etc, really the only thing that puts me off bristol is the lack in facilities, but I KNOW this is all gona improve ove rthe next few years but it takes time and when i compare edinburghs facilties to bristol...
    wel yeh some of u will no what i mean.
    things i REALLY like about bristol, the closeness to home (1.5 hours) far enough but close enough
    (edinburgh is a bit far) the EMS contacts bristol have will be IDEAL for me as i want to do my EMS in devon if i went to edinburgh id have to make all these contacts myself and arrange ems down here etc etc. BUT i do have lots of contacts through my work exp now so it wudnt be a huge issue i guess.

the surroundings of edinburgh are nicer, the scenery is prettier, bristols a bit flat and boring :p: not that this should actually come into it at all but hey im just thinking of things....

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHH i just dont no, maybe chat to my vets and stuff aswell, maybe ask if emplyment opportunitys are any different? i dont no, any ideas???

ReputationRep:
    Choose Bristol!!

ReputationRep:
    Rach, I really think you should go to Edinburgh, you seemed to love it so much, then as soon as Bristol was the only one you hadn't heard from, you changed your mind! I think the only thing you can do is go on your instinct. That's what I'm doing. I know both Liverpool and RVC are amazing, but there's just something about Liverpool that tips the scale, despite the distance.

I've withdrawn from Nottingham now, I need to man up and firm Liverpool :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    OMG RVC and Liverpool offer

I can't actually believe it. I really thought I had messed up my RVC interview!!
    wow, that was super quick on the liverpool offer! They must have really liked you!

ReputationRep:
    yeeh i no steph, but to be honest, id written bristol off as a rejection, and i dont really like glasgow or liverpool so i was DESPERATE to get into edinburgh, but now i really dont no, i think the main issue is distance from home and also bristols "problems"..... i do love edinburgh.. arrrrrhhhhhhhgghhh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    yeeh i no steph, but to be honest, id written bristol off as a rejection, and i dont really like glasgow or liverpool so i was DESPERATE to get into edinburgh, but now i really dont no, i think the main issue is distance from home and also bristols "problems"..... i do love edinburgh.. arrrrrhhhhhhhgghhh
    I don't think distance should be an issue, to be honest. Also, will you definitely get accommodation at Bristol if you're so close?

I've firmed Liverpool by the way :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I don't think distance should be an issue, to be honest. Also, will you definitely get accommodation at Bristol if you're so close?

An hour and half is quite far away. Thats how far away i am, and i'm entitled to accomodation

ReputationRep:
    Congrats Rachy! I would chose Edinburgh if i were u.. u really seemed to love it and that is the best instinct to go by IMO x

ReputationRep:

You are guaranteed accomodation at Bristol unless you have BS postcode I think. I live closer to Bristol than Rachhy (I think :p: ) and I still get accomodation.

Congrats on all the offers! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    omg i just had to catch up on pages and pages of offers

no news for me

but massive congrats to everyone

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the countryside around Bristol is very flat, Edinburgh has mountains (well, almost!)

But Bristol is closer to Cornwall! :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    hehe my mum says she cant cope with another application so look like my dad is gonna be lumbered with it, thats if i get in i suppose!!

i really liked notts too, fingers crossed!!!!
    haha oh dear, that sounds worrying if your mum can't bear to do another one!! My dad is most definitely the one who will be helping me, my mum, computers and financial stuff are not usually the best mix :p: It can be amusing watching my mum on the computer though :o:

Good Luck to you . When did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Despite the fact I have already said this a thousand times, WELL DONE RACHEL!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:

Aaaaand, the Reading line up is incredible! I am very, very excited about it. Dizzee Rascal, Mumford and Sons, Pendulum, Enter Shikari, Gaslight Anthem, I could go on and on...!!!!!!!
    The only headliner I like is Arcade Fire though! Suppose it would be hard to top last years headliners though (Radiohead :love:). And Pete Doherty will probs be in jail or stoned, so Libertines probably won't be playing... Some of the other smaller acts look good though.

I like Lambing and I like Liverpool and Bristol offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    My dad is most definitely the one who will be helping me, my mum, computers and financial stuff are not usually the best mix :p: It can be amusing watching my mum on the computer though :o:

Good Luck to you . When did you have your interview?
    same here umm 10th feb seems ages ago now! tbh i dont think i'll get in cos interview wasnt too great..but we'll just have to see i suppose :o:

ReputationRep:
    no oaktrees, do NOT big up cornwall, DEVON is the place to be.....

ahhhhhhhhhhhh but i LOVED bristol last year, i only tried to not like it this year because i honestly didnt think i would get an offer, we all do it, if we are un hopeful/ rejected we can think of all the bad things..... for some reason im thinking bristol at this exact moment, but i REALLLY dont no, which ever i choose i get to be a vet so who cares... i am the WORST person at making decisions though, i no ill leave it to the last possible moment.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

maybe i should visit them again?!

il go to my vets tomorrow i think, although the ones that went to bristol will say bristol, the ones that went to ed will say ed so it wont help :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    same here umm 10th feb seems ages ago now! tbh i dont think i'll get in cos interview wasnt too great..but we'll just have to see i suppose :o:
    Just have to wait and see I guess. I think you judge yourself more harshly though and you might have done better than you think.

I came out of RVC and just rang my dad in tears (to be fair it had been a particularly bad day due to trains being cancelled and rerouted and I'd just been a complete idiot in the interview) and have an offer so it can't have been as bad as I thought it was. Just depends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    no oaktrees, do NOT big up cornwall, DEVON is the place to be.....

ahhhhhhhhhhhh but i LOVED bristol last year, i only tried to not like it this year because i honestly didnt think i would get an offer, we all do it, if we are un hopeful/ rejected we can think of all the bad things..... for some reason im thinking bristol at this exact moment, but i REALLLY dont no, which ever i choose i get to be a vet so who cares... i am the WORST person at making decisions though, i no ill leave it to the last possible moment.. eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

maybe i should visit them again?!

il go to my vets tomorrow i think, although the ones that went to bristol will say bristol, the ones that went to ed will say ed so it wont help :p:
    I tend to flip a coin in these cases. If I'm happy with the decision I'll follow the coin's advice. If I realise I can't bear not to take the other decision, I take the other decision instead. Basically I take no notice whatsoever of what the coin tells me to do xD It just helps me realise what I really want the most.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about Malaysia anymore, guys! If I cancelled now, I would lose £195 deposit, but I'd have an extra £1800 odd for university, I think. But, there is always the risk I won't get the grades, so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about Malaysia anymore, guys! If I cancelled now, I would lose £195 deposit, but I'd have an extra £1800 odd for university, I think. But, there is always the risk I won't get the grades, so I don't know.
    when do you have to pay the full amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*starlight*conquest*~)
    when do you have to pay the full amount?
    May I think. Why? I really would like to go, but I've got to prioritize things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.