Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    May I think. Why? I really would like to go, but I've got to prioritize things.
    Well you might have been able to wait till you actually did the exams to see whether you could get an idea of how good/badly they went. I think you might as well go. It's going to be the trip of a lifetime. You wouldn't want to regret not going afterwards...Sure, being £1800 richer would be cool, but you'd still be able to survive long enough to get through vet school, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    I came out of RVC and just rang my dad in tears (to be fair it had been a particularly bad day due to trains being cancelled and rerouted and I'd just been a complete idiot in the interview) and have an offer so it can't have been as bad as I thought it was. Just depends
    mm i dont think i did good though, i just dont like getting my hopes up! everyone seemed to think i got one of the worst interviews when our lil group or regrouped after..i was just like typical...but then i had the practical after and cos i thought i did so ad a totally relaxed for the practical and that went well. its just the interview part thats soo stressful hehe.

thats gd then, nice surprise to get an offer

ReputationRep:
    Wooowwww well done everyone today!!!! What an amazing day!!!!

And Rach that is incredible - 4 unconditionals :eek: !!!!!! So so so pleased for you - you obviously worked so hard and deserve them all! I think the fact that Ed was your number 1 up until the point that you got your Bristol offer says that deep down you actually really want to go to Brizzle the most, but are thinking up reasons as to why you should pick Ed instead I might be wrong though :p:

Ooh and as for being bad at making decisions - join the club, cos I'm getting nowhere trying to decide here

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about Malaysia anymore, guys! If I cancelled now, I would lose £195 deposit, but I'd have an extra £1800 odd for university, I think. But, there is always the risk I won't get the grades, so I don't know.
    depends how much you need the money. and check whether you lose all the deposit, when i cancelled my peru trip i only lost £65 of the ~£200 deposit

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what to do about Malaysia anymore, guys! If I cancelled now, I would lose £195 deposit, but I'd have an extra £1800 odd for university, I think. But, there is always the risk I won't get the grades, so I don't know.
    i cancelled africa, lost £200 deposit but saved just over £2000 for uni, right or wrong decision? i dont no :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    depends how much you need the money. and check whether you lose all the deposit, when i cancelled my peru trip i only lost £65 of the ~£200 deposit
    I think I really do need the money. I think I'll have to cancel it. I need to make a decision by this week, because that will be 90 days before the trip, and if it's less than 90 days you have to pay 35% of the full cost.

ReputationRep:
    so me sam and jade arnt getting anywhere with our decisions... hahahaaa

im gon stry and not think about it too much and see what happens..... i always sed i would let bristol decide for me, but i dont nooooooo.

ReputationRep:
    I like that idea, try not to think about it and see what happens......

Although knowing me that will mean leaving it until the absoulte deadline and still not knowing. Oooooh I made a pro and con list, tried just picking one and seeing if I was disappointed, re-reading prospectuses, but I'm nooooooo closer to actually deciding :o:

ReputationRep:
    Any argument for or against Nottingham or RVC? The offers are exactly the same for both gateways, so the grades won't help me here! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Any argument for or against Nottingham or RVC? The offers are exactly the same for both gateways, so the grades won't help me here! :woo:
    Hmmm well I guess a big starter would be city vs countryside maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Hmmm well I guess a big starter would be city vs countryside maybe?
    Countryside please! :woo: I lived in London for a while and I absolutely loved the tourist attractions, but wanted to kill somebody on the street every single day, too many peopleeeee!

I'm leaning towards Nottingham sooo much, but RVC has such a good reputation! And u can work in North America once u graduate from there!
    I always wanted to live in America for a bit to try it out, but I guess that if I wanted to I could always take an extra exam. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Countryside please! :woo: I lived in London for a while and I absolutely loved the tourist attractions, but wanted to kill somebody on the street every single day, too many peopleeeee!

I'm leaning towards Nottingham sooo much, but RVC has such a good reputation! And u can work in North America once u graduate from there!
    I always wanted to live in America for a bit to try it out, but I guess that if I wanted to I could always take an extra exam. :woo:
    Well maybe the RVC then if you were thinking about America??? Ooh I dunno......... see I can't even help with other people's decisions let alone my own :p:

ReputationRep:
    RVC is the best end of story and everyone who has put as an insurance is insane

Oh and rach WELL DONE!!!!!! you are an offer machine, i agree with what someone said above that secretly Bristol is your favourite if the lecturer guy you are speaking to tomorrow says the accreditation thing is still fine i would just follow your gut instinct. If it was me i would go for Edinburgh but you have to go with your gut feeling because it will be 5 years of your life and at the end of the day you will still end up a vet wherever you go

ReputationRep:
    Well maybe the RVC then if you were thinking about America??? Ooh I dunno......... see I can't even help with other people's decisions let alone my own :p:
    Hehe, good try anyway. U got any offers to choose from?

I'm gonna compare the courses in very very fine details over the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    RVC is the best end of story and everyone who has put as an insurance is insane

Oh and rach WELL DONE!!!!!! you are an offer machine, i agree with what someone said above that secretly Bristol is your favourite if the lecturer guy you are speaking to tomorrow says the accreditation thing is still fine i would just follow your gut instinct. If it was me i would go for Edinburgh but you have to go with your gut feeling because it will be 5 years of your life and at the end of the day you will still end up a vet wherever you go

I like the: wherever you go you'll still become a vet BUT RVC IS BEST. hehehe, very unbiased! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I like the: wherever you go you'll still become a vet BUT RVC BRISTOL IS BEST. hehehe, very unbiased! :p:
    I agree :yep:

Congratulations Rachel.

ReputationRep:
    congrats guys for the offers today . Its taken a while for mine to sink in. I cant wait to move to London! Can anyone recommend some good letting sites so I can get an idea of cost? i know of gumtree but don't know any others. I'll probably apply for halls (college grove), but want to explore all the options...

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, good try anyway. U got any offers to choose from?

I'm gonna compare the courses in very very fine details over the next few days.
    Unconditionals from RVC and Liv (3 years later lol :p: )

ReputationRep:
    Unconditionals from RVC and Liv (3 years later lol :p: )
    Do you regret the three years at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Do you regret the three years at all?

Nooooo not at all not one little tiny bit gap years are the way to go!! It makes it so worth it when a little word saying 'unconditional' pops up on your track page rather than ' unsucessful' :o:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.