PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Well, hello fellow vet friends

ReputationRep:
    Rejection for D102 RVC

Well done on everyones offers tho!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Nooooo not at all not one little tiny bit gap years are the way to go!! It makes it so worth it when a little word saying 'unconditional' pops up on your track page rather than ' unsucessful' :o:
    This is definitely goin to be my motivation for the next twelve months. Im come round to the idea of another gap year now. Just need loadddds to do. A new job would also be nice. As much as I love selling pens (Sarcasm lol) I reallllly cant hit the 4 year mark. which I prob will unless I find a job before september :p: be reet....gap year 2 here I come. Although Im still tempted to look on UCAS extra just to get out of here lol x

ReputationRep:
    heyyy WELL DONE ON THE OFFERS GUYS!! you must all be so so so pleased.

i am also SO SO jealous of you lot with dilemas over where to go. its hitting me now i dont have a place i cant cope with the waiting anymore! it seems like so many liverpool offers have gone out there cant be many left?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Based on vet schools i would say Nottingham- (not that i'm biased lol i just firmed notts. today) It seems to be the most up an coming and definitely the most impressive facilities wise..

The main advantage of the RVC is living in london.. so if u want to live in london its an easy decision.. if u dnt.... pic Nottingham!! :yes:
    I didn't mention u got an offer! I knew u were desperately waiting for RVC! I thought RVC was ur favourite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    heyyy WELL DONE ON THE OFFERS GUYS!! you must all be so so so pleased.

i am also SO SO jealous of you lot with dilemas over where to go. its hitting me now i dont have a place i cant cope with the waiting anymore! it seems like so many liverpool offers have gone out there cant be many left?!
    Don't give up, I'd given up, but Liverpool seem to really take their time. They don't seem to give out many offers at a time, I reckon they'll give out more today and tomorrow. There's not that many people on here with offers from Liverpool.

(Original post by Kurzyk)
    Any argument for or against Nottingham or RVC? The offers are exactly the same for both gateways, so the grades won't help me here! :woo:
    I would choose RVC (I know I chose Liverpool over RVC, but I just have a thing about Liverpool :rolleyes:), mostly because of the incredible facilities (like The Queen Mother Hospital, that definitely has the wow factor) and the prestige. Everyone loves an RVC vet :yep:

But, if you hate the city life, Nottingham is an obvious choice. Just go with instinct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    mm i dont think i did good though, i just dont like getting my hopes up! everyone seemed to think i got one of the worst interviews when our lil group or regrouped after..i was just like typical...but then i had the practical after and cos i thought i did so ad a totally relaxed for the practical and that went well. its just the interview part thats soo stressful hehe.

thats gd then, nice surprise to get an offer
    I was really stressed for my practical because it was the first thing so I was really nervous, I was a bit more relaxed for the interview, but some of the questions I was totally unprepared to answer because I wasn't expecting to be asked about them , so it seems we had the opposite experience.

and yes it was a nice surprise. I was getting ready to prepare a gap year

ReputationRep:
    sooooo Nottingham have just updated track. I now have three big fat rejections on my UCAS form. I already knew this but its even worse seeing it in black and white.
    Im gonna decline my zoology. have a quick scan on UCAS EXTRA then if theres nothing interesting...the planning of gap year number 2 starts...I dont know whether to laugh or cry tbh x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Don't give up, I'd given up, but Liverpool seem to really take their time. They don't seem to give out many offers at a time, I reckon they'll give out more today and tomorrow. There's not that many people on here with offers from Liverpool.
    thanks steph im so happy for you and your two offers!! i cant imagine how happy you must be! hopefully il be seeing you at liverpool soon haha. its so annoying how over subscribed vet science is!! i just need to know now, the waiting is horrific. every time i get an email i nearly die!! and bloody UCAS MEDIA is the worst invention EVER. they could at least title the email "THIS IS NOT TRACK" hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostwithoutyou)
    RVC Gateway Offer!
    totally deserved!!!!! now work ur arss off to get that C in chem!!!!! haha
    and Kookaburraa nice woonn!!!

ReputationRep:
    Morning everybody, fingers crossed for a productive, in the meaning of full of offers, day! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kurzyk)
    Morning everybody, fingers crossed for a productive, in the meaning of full of offers, day! :woo:
    I second that :p:

I am going to have a productive day of chemistry, statistics and Core 4 It definitely much easier to motivate myself now!

ReputationRep:
    My school's organising a Reflection Day for today, so we don't have lessons, instead we're going to spend a whole day 'reflecting on our lives'.

Yes, I do have the whole last summer where I got kicked and bitten by horses to reflect on.

ReputationRep:
    Reflection day? That sounds very intense for a group of 18 year olds :p:

Mind you, I've no doubt it will do somewhat better than the Australian attempt at dress like a disabled person day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    yeeh i no steph, but to be honest, id written bristol off as a rejection, and i dont really like glasgow or liverpool so i was DESPERATE to get into edinburgh, but now i really dont no, i think the main issue is distance from home and also bristols "problems"..... i do love edinburgh.. arrrrrhhhhhhhgghhh
    What's the problems with Bristol?? And massive well done by the way! I keep telling people about you, 'yeh i didn't get in but never mind, someone on the forum didn't get in last year and got 4 offers this year so not to worry'

ReputationRep:
    Morning everyone!!! I still look like a lamb with eye problems this morning However, I hope there is plenty of news to come!!! I agree with steph, i think there are still more Liv offers to come....

Ummm, Oaktrees and Rach, we may well all be south coast girls, butyou're both wrong, because DORSET is THE place to be!!!!

I'm only an hour and a half away from Brizzle too but i qualify for accomodation, good distance not too near not too far!!

Good luck for the day ahead!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Reflection day? That sounds very intense for a group of 18 year olds :p:

Mind you, I've no doubt it will do somewhat better than the Australian attempt at dress like a disabled person day...
    That is soooo weird :eek: =/ who does that!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tink_89)
    This is definitely goin to be my motivation for the next twelve months. Im come round to the idea of another gap year now. Just need loadddds to do. A new job would also be nice. As much as I love selling pens (Sarcasm lol) I reallllly cant hit the 4 year mark. which I prob will unless I find a job before september :p: be reet....gap year 2 here I come. Although Im still tempted to look on UCAS extra just to get out of here lol x
    Definitely go for gap year number 2!! This time last year I was so upset and the thought of going through it all again is a scary thing, but a year on I know I made the right decision - so yep go for it!!

(Original post by steph_v)
    . .
    Just wondering what was it that made you go for Liv over RVC?? (Although I know you loved Liv the most anyway :o: ) I really am struggling here so any help would be good!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Gosh..hope i get to be in that position when i apply 2011! RVC ..A ROYAL VET.. sounds good some prestige there and the chance to get to work in north America WOW! i dunno London always seems to open so many doors from a future job point of view ,My sis went to London for law and some of her best friends were at the RVC one of them worked at Hyde Park stables and got to ride all the horses!.Being in RVC you are a part of ULU and become a member of a large network the ulu ski club is fantastic and Kings College have an amazing dance society based at Guys hospital.GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    Whens the deadline?? Is it today or tomorrow??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.