Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    aww sorry about rejections

anyone taking a gap year, THEY ARE AMAZING, im soooo glad i was forced to take one :woo: im loving it! apart from lambing and getting up early :p: but the rest of the year i can do nothing, its such a nice break from exams, get to chill, make new friends, meet new people, miz in different circles, i think the main thing for me is im now who I want to be, i didnt enjoy school or college and i was friends with people because they were there, now im friends with people that i want to be friends with and i do things i want to do rather than just going with the flow of college

if anyone wants any advice about gap years im happy to help, its so much easier 2nd time round, im proof of that, alot of you have done better than i did last year :o:

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys .
    do not fear thoughhh i WILL be back next year . and looking foward to hearing all your stories on here or facebook about how amazing vet school is which will motivate me more!!
    its not great, but life could be worse. birmingham is great so its another year here with my friends and ill get a job,,,no college and i can do some travelling!!

everything happens for a reason

ReputationRep:
    Beth don't firm it without checking!!!!!! Even though in order to firm you will have to see it, and it might be good news!

I am shattered, been rugby tackling sheep all day, they are jolly disobliging and don't follow their lambs inside the barn like the ones on Lambing Live did! I didn't really expect them too, but you would have thought that with someone carrying the lambs away, and bleating like a sheep, and someone chasing them from behind they would go in the right direction! Apparently not...

It is really awesome though, I'm doing loads.

So sorry to hear about the rejections

ReputationRep:
    yay oaktrees your lambing :woo:

and your description of sheep is very accurate .. i had one that ran off and ran thwough a hay rack, got her legs stuck and wudnt come out, GRRRRRR! sheep are SILLY, fact.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection :o:

Bristol Firmed

ReputationRep:
    Sheep are silly :yep:

So, no offers today then (except one Bristol offer)? Weird. Nottingham still haven't responded to lots of people, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    yay oaktrees your lambing :woo:

and your description of sheep is very accurate .. i had one that ran off and ran thwough a hay rack, got her legs stuck and wudnt come out, GRRRRRR! sheep are SILLY, fact.
    Oh that was helpful of it! I had one today that had a massive lamb, we checked it and thought it was a single, came back later on and there was another one! It was the classic double take :o:

(Original post by Shedlife)
    Liverpool rejection :o:

Bristol Firmed
    Will be seeing you at Bristol then!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    today we adopted a lamb onto a single, she loved it, then popped otu another lamb :mad: making the one we adopted on an orphan, dam scanners!!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection...

ReputationRep:
    hey guys never wrote on this before but i thought i would let you know i have a liverpool rejection too good luck for everyone still waiting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    At least in a gap year you might get chance to travel or something, which is what I wanted to do if I took/end up taking a gap year,
    well i'm already off to Zambia for 2 weeks to teach kids maths and english cos whatever happened i definately wanted to travel although i've already been to various places like new zealand

i know i hate writing it cos it feeels like i have to make myself sound better than everyone else. least you;ve got an offer already tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzywoo)
    well i'm already off to Zambia for 2 weeks to teach kids maths and english cos whatever happened i definitely wanted to travel although i've already been to various places like new zealand

i know i hate writing it cos it feeels like i have to make myself sound better than everyone else. least you;ve got an offer already tho
    That'll be nice and a good cause and I'm very jealous about New Zealand. I really want to go one day!!

and yeah, just have to get 3A's now lol, Is nottingham the only one you're waiting for now?

Sorry about all the rejections everyone

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic news!

Well, I am biased.
    I had the most amazing time of my life in Bristol. The city was immense, it really would take some beating. Edinburgh is a nice city and I'm sure it would be fun but Bristol has everything and a nice distance away.

As for staff, the clinical staff have taken a beating of late. These things are often cyclic and you will by the time you need to worry about the clinical side of things, I wouldn't mind betting things will have picked up. As for investment, Bristol has just recieved a shot in the arm, there is work being done and planning for a nice new surgery building, equine facility etc...
    the farm is a bit shoddy.

My honest take on things is that the vet school you go to won't effect your career or your ability. What will make a good vet is the confidence you have, the ability to put yourself forward and be interested at foster practices and also, your ability to learn fast and think on your feet once qualified. Your actual education plays a small part and I would put more emphasis on city and location rather than worrying about inspection reports.

congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection. Gap year for me then. any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Auraya)
    I'm very jealous about New Zealand. I really want to go one day!!
    Is nottingham the only one you're waiting for now?

it is amazing we went all over, i def preferred south island though! i;d def go bk, may emigrate there when i'm older

yep
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Well. It all seems to be over apart from nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    Fantastic news!

Well, I am biased.
    I had the most amazing time of my life in Bristol. The city was immense, it really would take some beating. Edinburgh is a nice city and I'm sure it would be fun but Bristol has everything and a nice distance away.

As for staff, the clinical staff have taken a beating of late. These things are often cyclic and you will by the time you need to worry about the clinical side of things, I wouldn't mind betting things will have picked up. As for investment, Bristol has just recieved a shot in the arm, there is work being done and planning for a nice new surgery building, equine facility etc...
    the farm is a bit shoddy.

My honest take on things is that the vet school you go to won't effect your career or your ability. What will make a good vet is the confidence you have, the ability to put yourself forward and be interested at foster practices and also, your ability to learn fast and think on your feet once qualified. Your actual education plays a small part and I would put more emphasis on city and location rather than worrying about inspection reports.

congratulations
    Was that from a vet that you know??? Or the lecturer you said you knew or someone??? :confused:

I think you should go for Bristol, I think thats where you want to go :o:

(Original post by steph_v)
    . .
    (Original post by Northern)
    . .
    Thanks very much for your help, I really appreciate it!! :yes: When I went up to Liv for the accomodation day, me and my Dad took a little trip up to Leahurst just to sort of see the area but cos it was a Saturday evening there wasn't really anyone there and it was pretty much all closed up, so didn't actually get to really see anything as such. So the decisions continue................

ReputationRep:
    sorry to here about rejections everyone, especially if it was ur last chance, but theres always next year :o:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that Rachel, very reassuring! I really, really need to visit Bristol soon, I am getting a bit panicky I won't like it! Even though I am sure I will, I have only seen Langford so I want to see where I am going to be living for 3/4 years!

ReputationRep:
    rach from what you've said about both bris and ed on here it does sound like you're edging towards bristol. so why not just go for it

bristol has so many tsr vets lol.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.