Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Well. It all seems to be over apart from nottingham.
    No, Ive still not heard from Bristol

ReputationRep:
    Rach, i know i'm biased because i love bristol, but you really are fighting bristols corner alot more than edinburgh's...

Doooo it x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    thanks SOOO much karate kat thats brilliant

ditto with enors Q though, ive got a farmer actually begging me to do lambing for him next year for my EMS, and he wants to no when to put the ram in so it fits in my easter holidays.. but obviously this is no good if u have to go where they send you??! even if it was close enough to home u didnt need acccomadation????

also how do u arrange yr other EMS, do u look at a database and see where u looks good/is nr to home or whatever, if u wanted to go back to say a diary farm u did work exp at, would that be possible?? do teh vet school have to check its ok and things????

cant think of anything else at this moment but thanks for all yr answers
    Geoff is still here, they keep saying every year that he's going, but he never leaves, lol. He used to be pre-clinical dean, but is now just EMS organiser.
    I'm pretty sure NO-ONE can choose their lambing farm. I assume it's easier for everyone's placement to be organised the same way.
    You can go to somewhere you've already been. The list is just there in case you don't know anywhere really. However, you have to fill in a form with the details of the place you'd like to go to, send it in to Geoff, he checks it, rings them up to ask whether you can go there, then you have to arrange the exact dates.
    If you've had loads of work experience in a certain area, or if you're a farmer/horse owner, or whatever, you can be exempt from certain placements, so you wouldn't have to do 12 weeks of work experience in total.
    As for the caseload, I'm unsure on that, we only go to Langford once a week and that's just for lectures usually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Thanks for that Rachel, very reassuring! I really, really need to visit Bristol soon, I am getting a bit panicky I won't like it! Even though I am sure I will, I have only seen Langford so I want to see where I am going to be living for 3/4 years!
    You WILL definitely like the city, it's gorgeous, it's one of my favourite cities
    I have the best of both worlds, I love Liverpool as a city and a university, and whatever happens, I get to go visit Bristol to see my boyfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, been out all day and had so much to catch up on!!!

Emma.. i'm sad liverpool rejected you, (so their loss!) but loving your positive attitude and i'm sure next year ur gonna be an offer machine

And any 1 else who got rejections today.. sorry i read an article in the paper the other day saying that this year UCAS has had the most university applications ever recorded and something crazy like 66% of applicants wont get a place this year. Thats for normal courses, we'v all applied for vet med and its pretty much the toughest out of the lot- so any one feeling down hope that puts things into perspective.

fingers crossed for any one still waiting to hear from bristol and notts.

ReputationRep:
    I got a Liverpool rejection too but I was expecting it, and I'm very lucky to be in a position where i doesn't matter.

My only question is, obviously I wll firm Bristol on UCAS now, but my ofer is conditional (cos I got it before m retakes) and now I have the grades so I know I've met the conditions, basically what I'm askng is, if I decline my Biology offer, so just have Bristol on the sheet, there's no risks are there??? Sorry I'm a worrier!!haha

ReputationRep:
    Well if you've met all the requirements of your Bristol offer, then you've got nothing to worry about

ReputationRep:
    UCAS updates in may, so it will turn unconditional then! FIRM it

Been up the mountin in 5" of snow feeding the ewes, forgot my gloves and hail blowing in my eyes not fuun, espesh when you start sliding and cant conrol the Quad!
    Suppose to start lambing Friday, if the wether continues like this we will probs loose around 20% of our lambs!!
    Going up again after lunch to get some of the twins who came early down hoping they're still alive
    Sometimes I wish we had a shed to lamb in

ReputationRep:
    quiet today ...

ReputationRep:
    Ok......sorry to keep going on about this but I've just read something in one of the other threads that has worried me slightly about RVC accommodation and the distances you have to be to be guaranteed a place. I live in Surrey so I'm technically not that far away but it would take me at least an hour and a half minimum by train if I ended up having to live at home, something which obviously I wouldn't be able to do and don't want to do!!

So just wondered if anyone knows anything more about the distances you have to be or anything in order to get into RVC halls????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samz56)
    Ok......sorry to keep going on about this but I've just read something in one of the other threads that has worried me slightly about RVC accommodation and the distances you have to be to be guaranteed a place. I live in Surrey so I'm technically not that far away but it would take me at least an hour and a half minimum by train if I ended up having to live at home, something which obviously I wouldn't be able to do and don't want to do!!

So just wondered if anyone knows anything more about the distances you have to be or anything in order to get into RVC halls????
    I think you will probably get into the halls. I think the people who don't get into halls live in london usually, on the RVC website it says 95% of people get into the halls. You just may not get in the halls at camden campus which are more sort after and go to people who live much further away. You will probably get into the onces in kentish town without any problem which is about 20 minutes walk from the camden campus or a very short bus journey. It also says on the RVC website they give priority to those firming their RVC offers which you would be doing anyway hypothetically if you decided to go RVC. Does this mean you are swaying towards RVC now?

Edit: You are best calling RVC really to double check see what they say
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:

Apparently (according to some in the RVC accommodation thread) someone living in Sussex didn't get halls because they were too close, and obviously Surrey is closer than Sussex. If I were you, I'd phone them to check.

ReputationRep:

if you live outside the M25 then you are more than likely to get halls.

ReputationRep:
    I thought there would be more news today, considering it's the deadline and everything

ReputationRep:
    Bristol Rejection. I wonder why on earth they had to hold it out for so long.

Ah well...do you like my new sig?

ReputationRep:
    Oh. Its finally over. I just realised that too. UCAS SORTED

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Bristol Rejection. I wonder why on earth they had to hold it out for so long.

Ah well...do you like my new sig?
    I LOVE IT

Sorry about the rejection though. I can't believe we're UCAS'd out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Oh. Its finally over. I just realised that too. UCAS SORTED
    It feels weird, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    It feels weird, doesn't it?
    Yeah. Its very odd. We became obsessed with UCAS, and now its no more. haha

Nothing to poke at your mind while trying to focus on doing other things. I feel empty. Come back UCAS...:p: ...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.