Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Reckon I can post my personal statement in the section?
    Please do! And anyone else who wants to, because I'm going to need help :o:
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Is it safe to? :P

ReputationRep:
    Random question, but when considering the word, "aetiology" (or etiology as the american spelling I assume), does that include methods of disease transmission? I've got that it aetiology is the "cause" of a disease. I'm doing a presentation on PRRS and I'm wondering whether to include how the virus actually gets into the animals lol.

EDIT: I think I know what my foster practice would be, it's a lovely mixed practice which has a lot of clients and is rather busy. Plus the owner has known me since I was literally a few months old so that would be handy. :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Is it safe to? :P
    I don't think the mods will track you down and kill you :p: but it might be worth asking Hygeia or someone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LDVet)
    Random question, but when considering the word, "aetiology" (or etiology as the american spelling I assume), does that include methods of disease transmission? I've got that it aetiology is the "cause" of a disease. I'm doing a presentation on PRRS and I'm wondering whether to include how the virus actually gets into the animals lol.

EDIT: I think I know what my foster practice would be, it's a lovely mixed practice which has a lot of clients and is rather busy. Plus the owner has known me since I was literally a few months old so that would be handy. :P
    Id say you could include disease transmission (when considering the definition of etiology) because transmission between hosts is an inherent cause of a disease...

Cant wait to study infectious diseases again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .captainsarah)
    Please do! And anyone else who wants to, because I'm going to need help :o:
    I would be happy to post mine aswell ...

if not i will pm it to any one that needs it!

editarah just pmed you mine-mines quite cambridgey thou, but still got 3 interviews somehow?!

ReputationRep:
    The girl who was interested in buying my horse had a lesson on her this evening but it didn't really go to well and they've decided she is a bit too big for them Shes only got a 13hh at the moment and rosie if 15.2hh so its a big difference. She jumped a jump and got too close so rosie jumped it awkwardly and she fell off the side Oh well, at least they didn't wait till august and then decide she wasn't right for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Id say you could include disease transmission (when considering the definition of etiology) because transmission between hosts is an inherent cause of a disease...

Cant wait to study infectious diseases again
    Cheers, just checking.
    I'm loving it more than I thought I would actually. But my heart still belongs to anatomy lol.

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool rejection absolutely devestated. Gap year..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_Vet101)
    oh no.. sorry

u'l definitely get offers next year!! (look at all the re-appliers on the thread with so many offers) dnt give up xx

ReputationRep:
    I'm realli sorry =(

All I can say is ask for feedback, and then use that to improve so you get a place next year! And hey a year out for travelling, shopping, earning extra cash, doing some amazing work experience, partying without worrying about deadlines! Sounds good to me!

Every cloud no matter how dark has a silver lining =D you just have to find it sometimes! Xx

ReputationRep:
    I feel like a bit of a traitor sitting here in my boyfriend's Bristol hoody :shifty: Ah, well, it's comfy

I've not got the accommodation email from Liverpool yet, and everyone else seems to have received it. I got one about Disability Support today, but no accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    I feel like a bit of a traitor sitting here in my boyfriend's Bristol hoody :shifty: Ah, well, it's comfy

I've not got the accommodation email from Liverpool yet, and everyone else seems to have received it. I got one about Disability Support today, but no accommodation!
    haha u must be patient! :p: and come live in d+r with me (thats hoping i get my first choice)

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh noooo, so sorry gap years are good though, it'll make it all worth while when you get in next year honest

ReputationRep:
    PM me personal statements please Anyone that doesn't mind. I think mine was ok, I did get 2 interviews and I think it was them that let me down really, but would be good to compare as I don't actually know anyone personally who applied. Also any interview prep ideas?? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    PM me personal statements please Anyone that doesn't mind. I think mine was ok, I did get 2 interviews and I think it was them that let me down really, but would be good to compare as I don't actually know anyone personally who applied. Also any interview prep ideas?? Thanks!
    Just sent you mine =)

Interview prep, learn your stuff about things you have seen and current issues. Also b enthusiastic and passionate. Practice speaking bout controvesial issues with someone, especially ethics n stuff. Things could b the badger cullin, fox hunting, animals for sport, selective show breeding etc

ReputationRep:
    I got asked to explain inbreeding on a genetic level? Does that seem like a hard question or is that the level I should be learning stuff at?

ReputationRep:
    I got asked to explain inbreeding on a genetic level? Does that seem like a hard question or is that the level I should be learning stuff at?
    Genetics is a big part os A2 biology so mayb it would be a good idea to go over A level stuff as well. I was asked a lot of sciency questions in my interviews and as you left school a while ago they might want to try and test you Good luck with reapplying, I'm sure you'll get in next time!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say that is a hard questions. I would talk about the limmit of alleles avaliable, more likely for faulty or defective ones to therefore b expressed. Bring up examples of breeds which are very prone to certain diseases due to there breeding.

I'm abit of a geek thou - however genetic and stuff is on the a level course

ReputationRep:
    a level biology you do alot about genes and genetics and stuff, inbeeding, u wud be crossing to very similar gene profiles..

id say its a tough question but i dont think u would need to know the EXACT answer in alot of detail, what they wud of been looking for is how u go about answering it, they would want u to think what u do know that could be linked? so bringing up some a level biology and maybe mention soemthing uve seen in work exp, or how inbreeding is/can be avoided... if u no ANYTHING about the question, bring that up and try and sway the answer in a direction your more sure about.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.