Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and guys, I'm on holiday tomorrow, so I won't be on here
    I will probably use the internet in the foyer of the hotel a few times, to catch up with friends, so I'll probably sign in to here as well, but I don't know for sure.

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Oh, and guys, I'm on holiday tomorrow, so I won't be on here
    I will probably use the internet in the foyer of the hotel a few times, to catch up with friends, so I'll probably sign in to here as well, but I don't know for sure.

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter
    have a good holiday

ReputationRep:
    Just stumbled across this on the internet...thought it was quite amusing for any of us lambing atm! Quite possible as well considering how much lambs seem to like trying to die!

Ten little pet lambs skipping in a line,
    One of them got watery mouth and then there were nine.

Nine little pet lambs waiting by the gate,
    One got Salmonella so then there were eight.

Eight little pet lambs, heard the engine revvin'
    But they didn't see the tractor, so now there's only seven.

Seven little pet lambs playing games and tricks,
    One hanged in wire netting so now they're down to six.

Six little pet lambs, glad to be alive,
    Tried swimming in a water trough and now there's only five.

Five little pet lambs bleating at the door.
    Farmer lost his temper and which brought them down to four.

Four little pet lambs, as sweet as they could be
    One ate a bag of barley meal and then there were three

Three little pet lambs, wondering what to do,
    One set on a ewe who went and sat on it, s that left only two.

Two little pet lambs, having lots of fun,
    One died of bloody awkwardness, and then there was one.

One little pet lamb, surprisingly got fat - so we put him in the freezer and that's the end of that!
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    This thread has got quiet. [email protected] The Lambing, its good

ReputationRep:
    I'm lambing next week....

Pretty keen for it tbh

ReputationRep:
    i'm lambing week after next in the orkney islands, cant wait!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i'm lambing week after next in the orkney islands, cant wait!
    Are you getting a boat? or can you fly? :p:

ReputationRep:
    You can fly to Orkney. You can also get the ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick (in Shetland) which goes via Kirkwall (in Orkney) at 2am. That is fun, getting woken up by the ferry sound system blaring 'All passengers to Kirkwall, please proceed to Car Deck A'.

Last day of lambing today I am shattered, it was my best friend's 18th last night, so went to that, and started at 10 instead of 8 this morning, which was nice, but then didn't finish until 8, heading off to bed soon!

I :love: lambing, i'm really sad it's over. All I have now is revision looming over me

Also, Rachel when you have spoken to the Bristol lecturer about the state of the vet school can you message me too! I want to hear what he says, hopefully it won't be awful. There are a fair few of us on here with just Bristol offers, not liking all the Bristol hate!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    You can fly to Orkney. You can also get the ferry from Aberdeen to Lerwick (in Shetland) which goes via Kirkwall (in Orkney) at 2am. That is fun, getting woken up by the ferry sound system blaring 'All passengers to Kirkwall, please proceed to Car Deck A'.

Last day of lambing today I am shattered, it was my best friend's 18th last night, so went to that, and started at 10 instead of 8 this morning, which was nice, but then didn't finish until 8, heading off to bed soon!

I :love: lambing, i'm really sad it's over. All I have now is revision looming over me

Also, Rachel when you have spoken to the Bristol lecturer about the state of the vet school can you message me too! I want to hear what he says, hopefully it won't be awful. There are a fair few of us on here with just Bristol offers, not liking all the Bristol hate!
    have you been to sheltand then?

i think i'm gonna fly, train to aberdeen is ~8 hours and ferry is ~5, thats just too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kookabura)
    Just stumbled across this on the internet...thought it was quite amusing for any of us lambing atm! Quite possible as well considering how much lambs seem to like trying to die!
    so true, so true... we had one in the oven yesterday to keep him alive- luckily Rainbow (as the farmer has called him) survived and is now back with his mummy in the barn :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Bye guys
    I'm going skiing, so I won't be on for a week or so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    Rach i think you feel the same way about Bris that I felt about Glasgow, place I wanted to go to since forever, and when I got my B in chem in August, I was more gutted about not being able to appy to Glasgow over everything, and now I've ended up there anyway, and it's deffo for the best, its where I've always wanted to be and imagine myself at!
    That doesnt help youa t all does it...hmmm
    Even if Bristol is the crapiest, u'll still qualify as a vet, and if you like the way they teach, liked the campus, liked the city, liek the fact you can go home, wether its for YFC doos, see ur mates/bf, or help your dad, it cost a lot less to come home, not cold in the winter, and if you really liek it there its where you should go!!
    What are your pros for Ed? do you like the campus better? or is it just the fact they have no 'bad news' hovering around them?
    myself I though a lot of the applocant there for other subject were chocolate ppl, which for me are no no;s!! bu meh!
    haaa yeh my pros for edinburgh are, save money on fee's, love the city, love the easter bush campus and its got a better rep but again, im put off by the overseas applicants, the high number of post grads and the distance from home, i will have to spend alot of time in airports (cringe) and a lot fo time travelling which i HATE with a passion, ive pretty much decided on Bristol, i'll make myself a good vet, not teh evt school, ive been to rubbish schools and a rubbish college, i no its not teh facilities thats important its the effort you put in and the teaching.....

sill waiting to speak to a bristol lecturer though :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    haaa yeh my pros for edinburgh are, save money on fee's, love the city, love the easter bush campus and its got a better rep but again, im put off by the overseas applicants, the high number of post grads and the distance from home, i will have to spend alot of time in airports (cringe) and a lot fo time travelling which i HATE with a passion, ive pretty much decided on Bristol, i'll make myself a good vet, not teh evt school, ive been to rubbish schools and a rubbish college, i no its not teh facilities thats important its the effort you put in and the teaching.....

sill waiting to speak to a bristol lecturer though :o:
    How do the overseas students put you off?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)

i spoke to an ex-lecturer and he sed "thats great news!! Knowone knows the furture of Bristol vet school but at least now they are doing something to improve it" (he stopped lecturing there because he was fed up with the way they were doing things and he wasnt very happy with how the vet school was working..) I dont think there is any chance that bristol will loose accreditation, bristol wont loose its vet school, i really dont think that will happen, but in some ways it seems wrong picking a "worse" university when ive got offers from ones with fantastic reputations, BUT yes it does feel right, from the day i wanted to be a vet i wanted to be a Bristol vet, the days of watching vets in practise, falling in love with steve lenoard, reading the books and spending tie in bristol city..

im gona stop thinking about it though :o:
    Its exactly what i feel at the moment if i was to choose bristol over liverpool!!!! i love bristol as a city more than liverpool, however i havent seen enough to judge which one is better. Do you know the exact facilities bristol lack of at the moment? I wish bristol could just be perfect that i didn't have to even think to decide.. or maybe i should just follow my heart and ignore those facts and figures.. Arghhh, hate making decisions!

I really wanna watch the series 'vets in practice' and 'vets school', where can i watch them online? couldnt find it even on youtube!

What was wrong with how the vet school worked anyway?

Enjoy the holiday guys! I don't think i will get to work during the holiday, i'm going to Hungary, Austria and Czech Republic next week and i know nothing about those countries, not really a fan of history apparently! :P HAPPY EASTER!

ReputationRep:
    hmm, if you've got extra work experience since you were interviewed, and a decision still hasn't been made about offering you a place, is it worth emailing the uni telling them what extra stuff you've done? or will it not matter at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    hmm, if you've got extra work experience since you were interviewed, and a decision still hasn't been made about offering you a place, is it worth emailing the uni telling them what extra stuff you've done? or will it not matter at all?
    I think I've read somewhere that the only work experience that matters is the one you have done before putting in your applications, so if you had an interview already, I don't think it will make a difference, unless you have mentioned it in your interview which would show extra dedication.

ReputationRep:
    hmm Belle, u feel exactly teh same as me, i think ive decided to go just go for it and go to bristol, yeh ok hey lack facilties becaus ethey havnt invested money, i think the main things lacking are the large animal hospital? and the farm.. BUT they now use the farm at bridgewater college which is AMAZING and its even close to home :p:
    bristol city is loverly, its nice and small buit big enough to have everything in!

i do think though, if u want to as a vet work with top top facilties in a referral practise or something.. maybe then bristol wudnt be the best choice, i know edinburgh has a HUGE cancer tretment block and things that bristol dont, but thats not soemthing im interested in the slightest, i just want to work in a bod standard practise with average facilities and i dont see it as much of a problem, the lack of good staff worries me more :s but LM is amazing, and i know theyve kept alot of staff but i guess its not the most attractive vet school for people to work at :o:

ReputationRep:
    Bristol wins rachhh you could be coming to uni with meeeeeeeeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeLLe~*)
    Its exactly what i feel at the moment if i was to choose bristol over liverpool!!!! i love bristol as a city more than liverpool, however i havent seen enough to judge which one is better. Do you know the exact facilities bristol lack of at the moment? I wish bristol could just be perfect that i didn't have to even think to decide.. or maybe i should just follow my heart and ignore those facts and figures.. Arghhh, hate making decisions!
    Go where you know you will be happiest:yep:
    I don't think it really matters where you qualify from tbh because there are so few vet schools it is great if you get into any of them and the other thing is ,like rach says, it's down to you really in the end how good a vet you will make not the vet school. I would say RVC gets the most stick and ****ging off on this forum of all the vet schools for some reason (probs the BMAT :rolleyes: ) however it is the one personally i liked the most and felt right so i went for it as my firm even though most people choose other places over RVC and there were some fair negative points people had pointed out like year size makes it feel impersonal it still felt the most right for me. In short don't be a sheep go where you want to go.
    Oh and also don't use the league tables to make your decision. One of my relatives is a lecturer and he says their actually representativeness is very questionable as they don't take a hell of a lot into account. The other thing for vet med is they seem to change a hell of a lot from year to year. Bristol was at the top a few years ago i think but now is at the bottom. To make your decision i would choose where feels the most right, research the places looking at course structure etc and talk to people like your vets and family helps a lot.

Edit: I think now the ucas process is all done with TSR is a bit :tumble: now:p:

ReputationRep:
    No matter what you say- we all know deep down that Notts is the best

hehe, only kidding- no, everyone will have different preferances and things they look for in a vet school, just take a look at their merits, compare and contrast- then follow your heart you'll think where ever you end up is the best thing since sliced bread :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.