Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    Tea party. They're all the rage :yep:
    I'll think about it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe I should go to the cinema, then have lunch at a restaurant (chinese possibly..mmm), and then come home to have cake and a mini tea party, and house party XD

Everything in one. Sound good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViolinGirl)
    Maybe I should go to the cinema, then have lunch at a restaurant (chinese possibly..mmm), and then come home to have cake and a mini tea party, and house party XD

Everything in one. Sound good?
    Sounds good! I had a surprise party, except my friend accidently told me the week before! I still pretended to act surpised though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Reappliers, or people who have reapplied, should I be putting in my personal statement that I'm a reapplier? Or just write it like before but obviously include extra stuff? Coz they'll know anyway won't they?

ReputationRep:
    There's no reason (except the limited space...) why you shouldn't include it. Make a point of being rejected but reapplying, still determined and not deterred. That you're working on feedback (if you've requested some) to improve, show you've taken criticism and advice on board maturely.

Put the positive spin on four rejections :rolleyes:

Edit: Reading Hannah's input, two very different bits of advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollykb)
    Reappliers, or people who have reapplied, should I be putting in my personal statement that I'm a reapplier? Or just write it like before but obviously include extra stuff? Coz they'll know anyway won't they?
    no, don't write that you are a reapplicant. by all means talk about your gap year, but i didn't mention that this was my second attempt

ReputationRep:
    Tea party. They're all the rage :yep:
    ...if you're a middle aged woman....

for my 18th I rented a venue with my best friend cos we're born 10 days apart.
    was so good...we spent a fortune on making it look nice...we bought about 15 different helium animal balloons.
    good times
    until some knob popped the sheep :mad:

ReputationRep:
    i had a bbq in my garden for my 18th. it was decided the day before by my friend cos i couldnt be bothered to do anything
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Congratulations!!! Are you going to pick RVC because of the fees thing?

I don't want everyone to disappear off this thread We should keep this one going for exam stress and results day stress at least!
    Yes, but also because I am already studying there and love it, and they have the most distinguished graduate course.

ReputationRep:
    There's no reason (except the limited space...) why you shouldn't include it. Make a point of being rejected but reapplying, still determined and not deterred. That you're working on feedback (if you've requested some) to improve, show you've taken criticism and advice on board maturely.

Put the positive spin on four rejections :rolleyes:

Edit: Reading Hannah's input, two very different bits of advice
    ha im with power on this one, i used it to my advantage, i mentioned it quite a few times, in fact i started it off with the fact i was now more determined after being unsuccessful last year.
    they wil know anyway, so why not mention it? i think its good to show u have taken the 4 rejections and made it into something possitive that makes u a better applicant than before!
    but i geuss its up to you i dont think it would matter either way..

ReputationRep:
    i went to the pub and the local club and got smashed for my 18th lol im so original :p: it was one hell of a good night though!
    hows everyones easter sunday?
    i cleaned my car and had roast yummy!

ReputationRep:
    for my 18th we went to wincanton races then out for a meal with family, and had a surprise party too!!
    I've spent most of easter sunday doing assignments but going lambing next week so kind of makes up for it!

ReputationRep:
    ahh the good old 18th...had 2 A2 biology exams on the day, came home and revised for the 2 exams that were on the following day. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    remember to post your firm choice in this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1183356

ReputationRep:
    people round here, particularly young farmers have huuuge disco's for their 18th, me included :woo: its like a tradition, to book a village hall, book a disco, eat party food, get hammered and boogie to proper old school disco music, sooo much fun, i dont remember much of it, must of been ammmmmeeezzzing!!!

ReputationRep:
    yeahh, a lot of my mates have hired out a social club and done that, i left it too late to book one though i think, plus they all seem to get really stressed organising it all :P

ReputationRep:
    Teapot, tea leaves/bags, hot water, milk, mugs, assorted cakes and biscuits. Sorted.

ReputationRep:
    I'll just be going to the local National Trust park with some friends (and maybe the dog, depending on how many people are afraid of him and his orangeness :o:), a disposable barbecue and some stuff to try and cook on it. Simples!

A friend hired a band and we had a cleideigh (Irish dancing!) which was great fun and pretty different

ReputationRep:
    i feel our thread is being neglected... in fact so is the rest of our forum!!! come back everyone!!!

ReputationRep:
    theres a dog barking on TSR, darn St georges uni advert :o:

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.