Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I've caught an infection last year and again this year becaus of lambing, so I wear gloves when I have open cutts, I acctually think its a bit easier to lamb with them coz u can slide ur hands around better, espesh with a dry lamb....but when u have to pull it can get a bit slippery, but mehhh

anyway wan tto hear something gross???

We've got this box on our yard where we throw all the dead lambs and carcasses in right, and they come and collect it when its full, sometimes there are maggots and crap in there, it goes away to get minced to produce make-up!!!!!! Sick or what!!
    Just told my makeup wearing little sister this and she nearly died

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_dwin_ffeimys_x)
    I've caught an infection last year and again this year becaus of lambing, so I wear gloves when I have open cutts, I acctually think its a bit easier to lamb with them coz u can slide ur hands around better, espesh with a dry lamb....but when u have to pull it can get a bit slippery, but mehhh

anyway wan tto hear something gross???

We've got this box on our yard where we throw all the dead lambs and carcasses in right, and they come and collect it when its full, sometimes there are maggots and crap in there, it goes away to get minced to produce make-up!!!!!! Sick or what!!

eeerrrm its moments like this when i'm even more glad to be a guy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    eeerrrm its moments like this when i'm even more glad to be a guy!!
    There are no moments when you shouldn't be glad to be a guy! I have to admit, we get it far easier. And whenever it seems to get tough, just think of the guy to girl ratio at Vet school :p:

Although...if they're going to be wearing make-up...

ReputationRep:
    Off to work at west midlands safari park today! Wish me luck ^^

ReputationRep:
    Guys, I just noticed that we completely missed the 5000th post! Unless I'm being very blind and someone did it but I ignored it. Or have we stopped counting now it had quietened down a bit?

I go back to school on Thursday, can't get my head round the fact that this is my last term! Exciting and scary at the same time. I think I might cry quite a lot at the end And I am a bit behind with my revision notes. I have nearly finished Chem and I'm 80% done with Bio, but Physics is...well...lacking slightly. I think it's 8 weeks until my first exam on Weds too Just thought I would cheer everyone up there with a countdown!

Have fun at the Safari park rach, looks awesome!! Very jealous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    And whenever it seems to get tough, just think of the guy to girl ratio at Vet school :p:

Although...if they're going to be wearing make-up...

lol!

ReputationRep:
    I'm still around guys But I was away. Sad that there was only about 5 pages to catch up on after a week.
    Congrats on making your decision Rach

ReputationRep:
    I'm 18 :eek: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

ReputationRep:
    omg it was me that got the 5000th post!!! and i didnt even notice!! mwa ha ha ha haaaa [evil laugh] ive never managed to claim a special post before

Edit// and happy birthday ViolinGirl

ReputationRep:
    Funny :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Funny :p:
    Ha ha ha this made me laugh! I love the "two vets have been called to the scene bit", that did make me chuckle

Were you skiing Claire or have I made that up? How was it?

Happy Birthday Violin girl!!! :birthday: :cake: :birthday:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Ha ha ha this made me laugh! I love the "two vets have been called to the scene bit", that did make me chuckle

Were you skiing Claire or have I made that up? How was it?

Happy Birthday Violin girl!!! :birthday: :cake: :birthday:
    I liked the bit about trying to round up uninjured ones :p:
    Edit - oh its changed since I first looked. It didn't sound quite so serious before.

Yeah, I was It was awesome, thanks. I always forget how much I :love: skiing. Nice to have a week at home too though.

ReputationRep:
    aww my crazy cocker spanial is no longer crazy, shes huge and fat and feeling very pregnant, its so sweet, 7 days to go :woo:

im just about to firm Bristol,[ if i can man up and do it im such a wimp, i dont no what i thinks gona happen :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    aww my crazy cocker spanial is no longer crazy, shes huge and fat and feeling very pregnant, its so sweet, 7 days to go :woo:

im just about to firm Bristol,[ if i can man up and do it im such a wimp, i dont no what i thinks gona happen :/
    I was wondering whether she was pregnant or not! I remember you saying that you were going to try to have puppies from her, but I didn't remember you saying that she was actually pregnant. You'd better take lots of pictures when they are born :yep:

Just do it, Rach It's such an anticlimax, nothing happens!

ReputationRep:
    ha yes, i never got her scanned but she is definatly in pup, she is HUGE! its so exciting, i will take LOADS of pictures and they will be on facebook, she is due on monday

ha i havnt done it, i'll firm it tomorrow,honest :o:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha Rachel man up and firm it!!! You are going to have to do it eventually, and it really, depressingly, isn't that exciting. I wish a little message box popped up with 'Congratulations, now work really hard and get your grades' or 'Congratulations, now enjoy your gap year' or something once you had pressed firm! I'm such a wishful thinker though, it's never going to happen. I had to check mine about six times to make sure I had firmed and declined the right offers!

Claire I'm soo jealous, sounds amazing! I have only been skiing once, definitely going once I'm at Uni

Guys I finished my Chem revision notes today, I feel relieved, I thought they would never stop!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonlight*)
    Wow, very exciting, what's he like?
    He's 15.2hh and 5 years old. Raced once - he was a little bit too slow :p: - came out of training over the winter and hasn't really done a lot since so is still very wobbly and babyish, but once he'd settled he felt much nicer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    just wondering, how many people do use gloves whilst lambing? we did for everything, and i can't see any valid reason not to?
    I live on family farm and we have never used gloves for lambing or calving. Dont see the point, more trouble than its worth, but then again i dont know anyone whose got an infection whilst lambing or calving

ReputationRep:
    RVC unconditional firm

I've done it but I did hover my mouse over the button for literally 15mins before finally clicking it :eek:

Go on Rachhyyy, it's pretty scary though!!!!

ReputationRep:
    wo saaam i saw ud firmed, i actually thought it was gona be liverpool though, well done on making up yr mind, i just cant seem to press the button, i put in all the answers and then crossed off the page because i was too scared to do it hahahaaa, iWILL do it today!!!!!

IM SO EXCITED ABOUT VET SCHOOOOL!

oaktrees, u looked into halls yet?

wheres my bristol question answerer :p: Would like a bit of insight info on halls, why do people choose stoke bishop?
    i know i definatly want to be self catered, and i had thought that i want to be close(ish) to the vet school, ive looked on the website, and woodland court, manor hall and goldney hall seemed like possibilitys, i also looked at hillside/woodside which is a long walk but looks LOVELY but i thought that wud be a bit out of the way of everything. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.