Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations

Wow, that's ridiculous,,, 13th of April!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by samz56)
    Yayy well done!!!!! It's all official now!!!!!

It was a v tough one between RVC and Liv but in the end something just didn't feel quite 'right' so to speak at Liv :p: but I felt really guilty though
    YAY, youpicked the best one. ;p I'm loving it still after 3 years. hehe.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone know if melville grove and mulberry court are good self catered?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    Anyone know if melville grove and mulberry court are good self catered?
    When I went to the accomodation open day they said they were mainly for post-grads and mature students

Well done Nicole!!!!!!! It's so nice to see another offer appear on here again!!!! Big big big congrats!!!! It was all worth the wait!!

ReputationRep:
    well done nicole!

woodland court is private and it says alot of post grads, is that bad?

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the congrats everyone
    i went through the shock phase, the insanely happy stage, the crying phase (due to other people crying :P ) and now I'm all calm but happy, can't stop smiling haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    thanks for the congrats everyone
    i went through the shock phase, the insanely happy stage, the crying phase (due to other people crying :P ) and now I'm all calm but happy, can't stop smiling haha
    aww so pleased for you!! well done for holding out!!

And Notts = amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    well done nicole!

yes less parties!!! haha, I havnt looked at any brizzle places so no idea, I'm going for all undergrad self catering halls
    plus I've found a ball dress for the AGM, it's white, I'll be looking like an angel!!! :rolleyes: hahaha
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Woohooo I have just recieved a book old booklet from the RVC telling me all about EMS. We have to have the whole 12 weeks done by the end of GnT year, bu 6 weeks of it we can count back from our work experience up to 24 months before enrolling.

I can count 4 weeks lambing and 2 weeks dairy. ;p

ReputationRep:
    You've found a dress already? I've not even found a dress for my Sixth Form Ball in June. I need to hurry up, really.

Urgh, the one day I want a lie in, I'm was up at 6am.

ReputationRep:
    NOTTINGHAM OFFERRR

:woo: :woo: :woo:
    i've still not calmed down :p:
    so worth the wait!
    WOW!! Excllent! See you next year dude :yes: :woo:
    I wonder why they made you wait so long! Ah well- woop for yu anyway you'll love it here

ReputationRep:
    well done nicole!

I don't know anyone in woodland court actually.. apply to Manor! It's amazing! And in the booklet it sends you it says that it takes 35 mins to walk to uni from Stokie B, but it's actually more along the lines of 45 mins, and it takes 20 mins from the clifton places ;p From what people have said of the other clifton halls of rez, they're good as well =p

Also in clifton you're v. near to the one and only 'Coronation Tap' with its famous exhibition cider (many a night stumbling home from that one...including this one time I went and told this guy 'I think your arms are hot').

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dissey)
    I don't know anyone in woodland court actually.. apply to Manor! It's amazing! And in the booklet it sends you it says that it takes 35 mins to walk to uni from Stokie B, but it's actually more along the lines of 45 mins, and it takes 20 mins from the clifton places ;p From what people have said of the other clifton halls of rez, they're good as well =p
    I'm guessing you're in manor hall then Would you say that the corridoor style is harder to get to know people (less sociable) than the flat stlye accommodation? Also do you end up with more people sharing a bathroom and kitchen?
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    So how excited is everyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skatealexia)
    So how excited is everyone?
    THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIS EXCITED. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helen_199)
    I'm guessing you're in manor hall then Would you say that the corridoor style is harder to get to know people (less sociable) than the flat stlye accommodation? Also do you end up with more people sharing a bathroom and kitchen?
    Yes!! Am in Sinclair (flats) myself.. I would say its quieter than the corridors, but am v close to my flat mates, and have corridor friends as well, and I just go invade their kitchens when I want There are up and downsides to both, flats can be quieter, and sometimes you don't like your flatmates, but it also means not as noisy when you have to catch some ZzzZs because you have to wake up early to get to those pesky 9am lectures (and they are EVERY DAY. We only had about 3 10ams this year, and we consider them a 'lie in'). Corridors present more tempation to go out, and people knock on your door quite a lot for to chat etc, which is nice, but not productive when you're trying to study. It depends on you really, theres an 'about me' section when applying for accom that you have to fill in, if you say you're a social butterfly that needs constant companionship you'll probably be placed in corridors.

In a corridors, the kitchen is the social hub, and you get to know people very easily. It depends on you as a person of course, if you stay hidden in your room then you won't get to know anyone. There is also the MH bar (pound a pint wednesdays!!) to get to know people, and there are movie nights etc in the junior common room.

In corridors the bathroom situation is ok, my corridor friends have never had issues, but kitchens can be messy. There is not usually a lack of cooking space, but some people are v. inconsiderate when it comes to 'borrowing' your stuff and then not even washing it after use, but cupboards can be locked. This is much worse in boy's corridors.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like i have missed a fair bit.
    (Original post by samz56)
    Excellent choice

Well done!!!!!!!!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    Yes!! Am in Sinclair (flats) myself.. I would say its quieter than the corridors, but am v close to my flat mates, and have corridor friends as well, and I just go invade their kitchens when I want There are up and downsides to both, flats can be quieter, and sometimes you don't like your flatmates, but it also means not as noisy when you have to catch some ZzzZs because you have to wake up early to get to those pesky 9am lectures (and they are EVERY DAY. We only had about 3 10ams this year, and we consider them a 'lie in'). Corridors present more tempation to go out, and people knock on your door quite a lot for to chat etc, which is nice, but not productive when you're trying to study. It depends on you really, theres an 'about me' section when applying for accom that you have to fill in, if you say you're a social butterfly that needs constant companionship you'll probably be placed in corridors.

In a corridors, the kitchen is the social hub, and you get to know people very easily. It depends on you as a person of course, if you stay hidden in your room then you won't get to know anyone. There is also the MH bar (pound a pint wednesdays!!) to get to know people, and there are movie nights etc in the junior common room.

In corridors the bathroom situation is ok, my corridor friends have never had issues, but kitchens can be messy. There is not usually a lack of cooking space, but some people are v. inconsiderate when it comes to 'borrowing' your stuff and then not even washing it after use, but cupboards can be locked. This is much worse in boy's corridors.
    thanks for this

is manor hall some corriders some flats then? cuz i read it on the website as goldney hall was flats and manor hall wasnt, but i didnt really understand what that meant :o:
    im most prob gona apply for clifton gona try and go up and have a look though.

what are the differences between Manor Hall and Goldney Hall?? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    thanks for this

is manor hall some corriders some flats then? cuz i read it on the website as goldney hall was flats and manor hall wasnt, but i didnt really understand what that meant :o:
    im most prob gona apply for clifton gona try and go up and have a look though.

what are the differences between Manor Hall and Goldney Hall?? :rolleyes:
    Yep, you got it! Manor hall has a main building, made up of single sex corridors, also where the library, computer room, laundry room and bar are and where they put on amateur productions.

Then you have other bits around that, like Sinclair which is blocks of single sex flats of 5, and as well as sinclair you have manor house, which is only girls, and richmond house, which is only boys, and fun fact, has the oldest flushing toilet in clifton. Sinclair rooms are much smaller than the other ones though, which isn't a deal breaker for me, I love my room, but you might want to consider it if you like it big and spacious. Oh and if you want to have overnight guests, the beds are miniscule, but you can rent matresses from the office for 2 pounds a night.

Goldney is nice, it looks a bit like a ship from the inside, with brick walls painted over in white. Its mixed sex, and its in mini corridors / larger flats.

Both manor and goldney have wicked formals, I think you'd love being at either one of them. Tbh, most halls have formals and their own bar, except I think UH. They filmed casualty in manor a few weeks back I think its airing in summer lol.

ReputationRep:
    Love how this is turning into a bristol thread atm! Thanks, this is really helpful, exciting learning little things like this I like the way that there is variety in manor hall but will have to wait and see...

Have they told you anything about AVS 2010 yet? I know it's in edinburgh, do you think it will be really expensive because it's a long way to travel?

6 months!! :woo:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2010

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.