Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I'l go for Mary B, Ive been told its nicer, even by College grove students at the open day. The website makes it look nicer, the girl I spoke to has emailed me some pictures of her accomodation if you'd like to see? Shes in her first year of gateway and is at Mary B.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostwithoutyou)
    I think I'l go for Mary B, Ive been told its nicer, even by College grove students at the open day. The website makes it look nicer, the girl I spoke to has emailed me some pictures of her accomodation if you'd like to see? Shes in her first year of gateway and is at Mary B.
    Ah that would be great, thanks...i think ive just added you on facebook?? Has someone called Joanna just added you? Else ive added some randomer...but i think i found you on the rvc group ...If thats you, then i will facebook mail you my email address...But can you just confirm thats you 1st haah

ReputationRep:
    Yea it is me

ReputationRep:
    My parents bought me DYCE as a well done for FINALLLY getting into vet school present, tbh i havnt looked at it much yet but i thought it wud be nice to get some things in my gap year so i dont have to fork out for it in october when i start uni and i have been told by many many people its the vet students bible and i already had the blacks dictionary

REALLY need to sort out student finance, and choose Halls, and book a holiday for the summmer :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoMC)
    Hey, im thinking of going to a camden campus tour at rvc...Does anyone know if you get to see the accomodation?
    When I went on the tour last year we got shown around college grove, the girl giving us the tour took us into her room and we saw the kitchen etc its really nice there although the people who tend to get into college grove are students that live further away so most will end up in mary.B. I'm not sure if we just got lucky though and happened to be shown around by someone living in C.G so that's why we got to see the accomodation!
    Last year when I was applying for accomodation I put C.G first, then M.B, then just picked a random intercollegiate hall for my last choice and I got into M.B. But this time round im thinking more about going for an intercollegiate hall as my first choice, because I'm thinking your pretty isolated if your just living with vets and seeing vets all the time and dont get chance to really mix with people from other courses. Is anyone else thinking the same thing?

ReputationRep:
    Bloody student finance was awful! Done it now though, so hopefully that will all come through in time. It doesn't even begin to cover the cost of acommodation at Bristol though... I'm feeling long term loan from the parents!

Anyone got any good ideas for a summer job for a couple of weeks? I'm all over the place in the summer but could do with earning a bit before I go to Uni to tide me over for the 1st term. I might get Dyce soon too, that would be something good to flick through when I'm meant to be revising!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm yeah there isn't too much difference between Mary B and college grove in terms of facilities. Mary B is a little nicer as it is a newer building and has a little lounge area in the flat which is nice. However CG is cheaper in terms of rent, washing and internet access apparently and it's a lot closer to the college which means you can have a bit of a lie in and gives you a few other benefits. Both are really nice halls though:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Northern)
    Hmm yeah there isn't too much difference between Mary B and college grove in terms of facilities. Mary B is a little nicer as it is a newer building and has a little lounge area in the flat which is nice. However CG is cheaper in terms of rent, washing and internet access apparently and it's a lot closer to the college which means you can have a bit of a lie in and gives you a few other benefits. Both are really nice halls though:yep:
    Have you decided which halls your gona go for?

ReputationRep:
    Have you decided which halls your gona go for?
    College Grove i think, hopefully should get in since i am from Manchester. However i would be very happy going to Mary B if i don't get into CG.

ReputationRep:
    when do u have to get student finance done by??? i havnt got anywhere with it AT ALL, it hates me! it doesnt accept my passport expirey date so i had to lie to get to the next bit, then i had to make up loads of other things that i didnt no the answers to just so i could fill more of it out :/
    my parents applied for the paper forms for their bit.. thats gona take FOREVER

and yeh the loans dont even cover accomadation, its rediculous!!
    Im gona be loaning a hell of a lot of money from my parents too, without accomadation i have about £100 to loan a week... and some of my friends sed u need around £80 a week for everything.. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    when do u have to get student finance done by??? i havnt got anywhere with it AT ALL, it hates me! it doesnt accept my passport expirey date so i had to lie to get to the next bit, then i had to make up loads of other things that i didnt no the answers to just so i could fill more of it out :/

Im gona be loaning a hell of a lot of money from my parents too, without accomadation i have about £100 to loan a week... and some of my friends sed u need around £80 a week for everything.. :o:
    New students starting in 2010/11
    To be sure of having your first payment ready at the start of the 2010/11 academic year, you must apply by:
    - 25 June 2010 if you’re applying for types of finance that mean your household income will need to be assessed
    - 23 April 2010 if you’re only applying for types of finance that won’t require an assessment of your household income
    That's what it says on the website.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh I will join in the student finance hate :mad: I have already been on the phone twice to them and being stuck on-hold cos of their "large volume of calls blah blah blah.......", made me so ANGRY!!!! :mad:

Have finally got it all sorted now though, I think :o: but the little amount of money we get............ definitely a big loan needed here from the parents

(Original post by laurasaurus)
    Do you know when the accomodation info starts getting sent out?? I really want to get sorting

ReputationRep:
    Last year they sent stuff on 1st and 11th of may to me for gateway, I got a timetable of the first year as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)

I have no idea what to do either and haven't really started! Anybody who has done it do you have know the date that you actually start uni cos I thought you did but I dont know what date we start

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the date you start on ucas?

ReputationRep:
    Isnt the date you start on ucas?
    ha! I never noticed that before! :o: Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Discovered how much more room there is in a mare compared to a sheep when finding my foals front legs this morning. Mum and filly foal both doing well, popped out in 8 minutes flat.

ReputationRep:
    See, I thought it was that but for Liverpool it says the 1st of September! I figured that couldn't be right, and in the offer email they said something about term commencing on the 22nd of September, so the date might not be right on UCAS. Bristol start pretty late, I think.

ReputationRep:
    how exact does it need to be, i think bristol start on 4th October!

whats the advantages/disadvantages of having income assessed?????? im so confused!

ReputationRep:
    woo, firmed nottingham on ucas and just applied for accomodation
    just got to get this medical form sorted and then i can start on finance stuff feels like so much to organise!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.