Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    and also i was wondering if someone was gona make a thread where people put where they firm there offers, im pretty sure something was made last year (i never really paid attention as i never got an offer to firm) but yeeeeh someone should make one

ReputationRep:
    i'll make one now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiv583)
    how did you find out about this? and is it only run in one place. its something ive considered in the past but dont know huge amounts about it :o:

well done to all the offers an interviews over the last few days!!!

i dont like waiting i feel sorry for rvc people who had interviews in december!!
    I know a bunch of army people because of where I live, so one of them passed on my details. The days are only run at the DAC in Melton Mowbray, if you're in the army as a vet you'll be there/Aldershot/Germany/Cyprus msot of the time. If you email [email protected] they should be able to send you the information pack and any info on the next 'Acquaint' Visit. They're really helpful

My RVC interview feels so long ago now! By the time they get back to me, I'll have forgotten I even applied!
    Congrats on the gateway interview too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachhyyyy)
    come on bristol just reject me if your gona do it!!! its driving me maaaaaaaaad
    Same. I want to knowwww.

ReputationRep:
    If you have decided where you are gonna be firming and have an offer from there then post it here

ReputationRep:
    Im lambing this week and i love it! . they have breeding sows and limousines (i cant spell ) and lots and lots of sheep and i love it when the people are really nice (im always really nervous before i start a new placement :/) anddddddddd the farmer let me ride one of the quad bikes,,,what a dear (although the farmer at my last lambing placement gave me driving lessons on the fields in the landrover LOL).
    im rambing,,,,so in summary: i like lambing .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Same. I want to knowwww.
    its getting slightly boring now! i just want to know where im gona be in september, then i can start to get excited and look properly at accomadation etc!!! i hate all this waiting!
    im hoping for some more bristol news this week but im guessing the on hold people without interview will hear before us
    and maybe liverpool will give out some more offers??

ah well in 63days i might have some very cute cocker spaniel puppies

will RVC not gve out any offers until they finish interviewing.. whens the latest RVC date??

ReputationRep:
    Yay for puppies

RVC said no offers until the end of March, which I think they said was a week or two after interviews end.

ReputationRep:
    In my email from them today, the FAQ bit said they dont give out offers until everyones interviewed, and their aiming for this to be 31st March

ReputationRep:
    I am really regretting mentioning so much technical stuff in my PS! Lesson for next year me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    I am really regretting mentioning so much technical stuff in my PS! Lesson for next year me thinks...
    Don't be negative! you won't need a PS next year.
    I blabbered about an interest in diagnostic methods in mine, and neither of my interviews picked up on it. I'm glad, because I regretted writing it, but I had done loads of research so its was almost annoying not to show it off :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talon19921992)
    shut up u have 4 interviews!!!!!! some people on here have had 3 rejections al ready, think yrself lucky!!!! if u prep well for these interviews there is abosultely no reason why u shudnt get in this year, your nearly as bad as steph!!!!! be optimistic people!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClaireW2708)
    Don't be negative! you won't need a PS next year.
    I blabbered about an interest in diagnostic methods in mine, and neither of my interviews picked up on it. I'm glad, because I regretted writing it, but I had done loads of research so its was almost annoying not to show it off :p:
    this! they dont make you write a ps once your at vet school!! :p: hehe i hope they dont anyway!! i mentioned tb cos i did my as bio coursework on it and they picked up on it at rvc

ReputationRep:
    shut up u have 4 interviews!!!!!! some people on here have had 3 rejections al ready, think yrself lucky!!!! if u prep well for these interviews there is abosultely no reason why u shudnt get in this year, your nearly as bad as steph!!!!! be optimistic people!!
    thissssss.
    ...i would kill for 4 interviews.

ReputationRep:
    first few months of a marmoset's life... hmmmm :eek: I am thinking gestation period, number of offspring, weaning age...

Edit:

This: lol

Gestation in the common marmoset is 143-153 days. Common marmoset females can have 1-3 infants at a time. Twins are common and are often non-identical which is atypical for a primate. Females give birth twice a year. Twin infants can be up to 27% of the mother’s body weight when they are born. It would be nearly impossible for the mother to rear offspring on her own. Instead, infants are raised by the entire group in a practice known as collective rearing. Infant marmosets remain with a caregiver constantly during the first 2 weeks of life. Infants are weaned around 3 months of age. The juvenile period begins at 5 months. At this stage marmosets are approximately 75% of their adult weight. The sub-adult stage begins between 9 and 14 months. Common marmosets reach their adult weight and are sexually mature by 15 months of age but do not reproduce until environmental conditions are favourable.
    or maybe not!

ReputationRep:
    Did you write about baby marmosets in your PS? Can I ask how you managed to bring that in?

ReputationRep:
    Oi :p: He's worse than me, I've get 3, he's got 4, and I'd had all of mine and none one of those went well, he's got 3 more (I think) to do really well at. All I can do is wait D;

I am being more positive, though. But I'd be a damn sight more positive if I got an offer :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I did write about baby marmosets!!! :facepalm: The exotic animal refuge I have volunteered at for the last three years. One of our marmosets got pregnant, the babies were lovely (2 of them) only one reached adulthood

I really love marmosets though, they used to jump on my shoulders

ReputationRep:
    How do we make the thread Anna made about firm offers, stickied? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckybob)
    How do we make the thread Anna made about firm offers, stickied? x
    You'll have to speak to a mod/admin.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.