Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It's very quiet on here today! Haddie it sounds like you are having an amazing time! Bristol vets has anyone decided what they are doing for accommodation? At the moment I'm thinking maybe durdham and university hall but I'm going to go and visit sometime and have a look!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone any advice on the best mobile phone operators, I don't have a clue! And what about student bank accounts :confused: ?

ReputationRep:
    im going to see the halls in Bristol, looking at Durdham, and clifton ones, goldney and manor

ReputationRep:
    i really miss all the vetty chat.. where has every1 gone??

ReputationRep:
    I'm here, stressing out at how close exams are :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    I'm here, stressing out at how close exams are :P
    Me too :p:
    Eeeeeek cant believe how fast first year has gone....:eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Has anyone any advice on the best mobile phone operators, I don't have a clue! And what about student bank accounts :confused: ?
    Im with O2...went onto contract before uni so I didnt need to worry about a landline in halls :yep: Also, on a contract you can get good deals with minutes and texts, useful for calling home!!

I just got a student bank account with Natwest free railcard woo!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Nicole I am too.... when do urs start? Mines start 11th of May eeek!

I'm with vodafone.... really happy with them... I have a year contract (which is quite good becasue a lot of them are 18 month or 2 years- but not sure if ur talking bout pay as u go or contract) and they give tones of free texts and anytime minutes (i sounds like work for them lol!)

Oh and i'm also with Natwest- student bank account.. .never had any probs with them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Hey Nicole I am too.... when do urs start? Mines start 11th of May eeek!

I'm with vodafone.... really happy with them... I have a year contract (which is quite good becasue a lot of them are 18 month or 2 years- but not sure if ur talking bout pay as u go or contract) and they give tones of free texts and anytime minutes (i sounds like work for them lol!)

Oh and i'm also with Natwest- student bank account.. .never had any probs with them
    nicolaaa :P but yeah mine start on the 18th, they seem to have come round so fast! good luck with yours anyway

I've got one phone on o2 and one on vodafone, both on pay as you go, they're both good, vodafone is good on pay as you go cos you get loads of free texts :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Hello from North Ronaldsay! I'm on a tiny island with only 50 people on it but around 3000 sheep! and phone signal in only 2 places so have had basically no contact with the outside world. i havent actually been lambing, just 'punding' hope i'll be able to get home on saturday cos i have 3 flights in one day!

ReputationRep:
    nicolaaa :P but yeah mine start on the 18th, they seem to have come round so fast! good luck with yours anyway

I've got one phone on o2 and one on vodafone, both on pay as you go, they're both good, vodafone is good on pay as you go cos you get loads of free texts :cool:
    Sorry, 'Nicole'! I thought u were Nicola from facebook.. she seems to have got her Notts offer at exactly same time as you! :cool: Good luck with ur exams 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Sorry, 'Nicole'! I thought u were Nicola from facebook.. she seems to have got her Notts offer at exactly same time as you! :cool: Good luck with ur exams 2
    hehe yep that's me :p: I added you the other day (at least I think it was you)

is there a nicole on here? a few people have called me it lol, I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    hehe yep that's me :p: I added you the other day (at least I think it was you)

is there a nicole on here? a few people have called me it lol, I'm confused

LOL ignore me.. (my mistake!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    Hello from North Ronaldsay! I'm on a tiny island with only 50 people on it but around 3000 sheep! and phone signal in only 2 places so have had basically no contact with the outside world. i havent actually been lambing, just 'punding' hope i'll be able to get home on saturday cos i have 3 flights in one day!
    Woo North Ronaldsay, I have been there! How is it going?? You could always get the ferry back if you have to, and then train it back from Aberdeen. Bit of a long way round though! You should be fine to fly though I think!

ReputationRep:
    Got my rvc info through in the post this morning...But also got posted someone elses accomodation info...Time to email rvc me thinks! I dont want to be the reason why someone cant sort out their accomodation
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Helper
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Helper
    PS Reviewer
    Can we open the natwest now?

ReputationRep:
    Is natwest the best bank for student accounts?

Im with HSBC and I dont know if I should change?

ReputationRep:
    I got my rvc info through today too I think Im gona go for natwest but wait a bit, I dont think they offer the railcard bit til towards July/August.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm yeah I'm with Lloyds...perhaps I should change to Natwest too. Although I already have a railcard, so a free one isn't much of an incentive at the moment!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for durdham and university x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.