Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsYCho ThInKeR)
    im with hsbc...i upgraded to a student account before starting uni (you have to show your ucas letter) and they gave me a £750 free overdraft which increases every year.:woo:
    also couldn't be bothered to move banks:p:
    people tend to go for natwest because of the free 5 year railcard. i just bought a one year railcard for £26.
    I've got an account with them already and so gonna stick with them now!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicola92)
    awh that's so lovely
    what are ospe's?
    Objective Structured Practical Exams...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by schizopear)
    definitely not a good thing.
    It is when you're aware that your financial situation may be changing for the worst, and that without an extra loan you may end up unable to feed yourself
    Obviously it's got to be used responsibly, but it's by no means a bad thing to hold that as your reason for choosing a particular bank's services.

The OP wanted to know why we chose the banks we did. That was my reason. I'd rather it wasn't, but life isn't always a bed of roses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL86)
    Awwww gotta love the Notts - I remember being highly excited when I got that stuff last year!! The staff all make the effort to learn your names before you get here too, it's so lovely Although OSPE's today... not so exciting!!
    Which exams are you doing, if you have an unconditional offer?

Really? Thats so cool!! When ever i'v called they are sooo friendly.. soi can imagine what they'r like in person I'm in my 3rd (and final year at uni) still have to get my degree.. but for some unknown (and extremely fortunate reason) my offer is unconditional! which really takes the pressure off but i'm still working my ass off - because i want these last 3 years of hard work to pay off on paper..

When do ur exams start VL? mine start on the 10th of May.. not far away now! x

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the banking and phone advice guys, I don't have a clue. Natwest seems like the most popular... There are loads of things to organise that I don't have a clue about!

And on a different matter what do you guys think of the Raw food diet for pets. I've started a bit of an argument with a facebook group that branded all vets as being brainwashed by Hills! and that Raw meat is the healthiest option. Their main argument is that vets receive so little nutritional training that they arn't qualified to dispense nutritional advice to clients. And that all their training comes from Hills et al (which if true would obviously be very biased).
    What sort of nutritional training do vets get in uni? I think the control of infectious diseases (as a human health hazard) is enough of a reason to feed everything cooked food!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulamoto)
    Thanks for the banking and phone advice guys, I don't have a clue. Natwest seems like the most popular... There are loads of things to organise that I don't have a clue about!

And on a different matter what do you guys think of the Raw food diet for pets. I've started a bit of an argument with a facebook group that branded all vets as being brainwashed by Hills! and that Raw meat is the healthiest option. Their main argument is that vets receive so little nutritional training that they arn't qualified to dispense nutritional advice to clients. And that all their training comes from Hills et al (which if true would obviously be very biased).
    What sort of nutritional training do vets get in uni? I think the control of infectious diseases (as a human health hazard) is enough of a reason to feed everything cooked food!

I believe.. like humans.. dogs need a balanced diet. I personally feed my dog raw meet, dry food (Hills) and wet food.. plus some raw veg like carrots.. and table scraps.. Not all in one go obviously.. but through out the day.. Obviously there is no point in feeding dogs sugary or highly fatty foods as it puts them at risks of diabetes and other health/dental problems.. but at the same time.. dry food alone, 2 me , cant possibly represent an optimal diet.. for starters they load the food with preservatives so that it doesnt go off.. and its pelleted.. i.e u cant trace what the original ingredients looked like.. that said, the fact that its fortified with essential vits/minerals and fatty acids definitely, in my view, justifies its role, 2 some extent, in the diet of a healthy dog..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. 2 be)
    Really? Thats so cool!! When ever i'v called they are sooo friendly.. soi can imagine what they'r like in person I'm in my 3rd (and final year at uni) still have to get my degree.. but for some unknown (and extremely fortunate reason) my offer is unconditional! which really takes the pressure off but i'm still working my ass off - because i want these last 3 years of hard work to pay off on paper..

When do ur exams start VL? mine start on the 10th of May.. not far away now! x
    I know, it's so lovely, especially in the EMS office when you go in and it feels like they all know you already Ooh good luck on the finals, I remember those all too clearly and don't envy you, I'm sure you'll ace them - but it must be lovely to have the pressure off and know that you've definitely got a place! We had our practical exams yesterday, but our written exams don't start until the end of June - we've got most of neuroscience to do before then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL86)
    I know, it's so lovely, especially in the EMS office when you go in and it feels like they all know you already Ooh good luck on the finals, I remember those all too clearly and don't envy you, I'm sure you'll ace them - but it must be lovely to have the pressure off and know that you've definitely got a place! We had our practical exams yesterday, but our written exams don't start until the end of June - we've got most of neuroscience to do before then!
    end of june?:eek:
    when does your term end?

ReputationRep:
    when does your term end?
    That's what I was thinking. That's pretty late!

ReputationRep:
    But i think VL is in his/her 4th year right?

ReputationRep:
    when does your term end?
    Term ends pretty much when exams end, end of June. The vet term is longer than most other courses (not sure what it is at other vet schools though). And nope, I'm just a mere first year

ReputationRep:
    woah that is late, my friend doing medicine finishes 26th of May and does all her exams in three days!!

ReputationRep:
    yep.. thats pretty late lol!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I wonder if it's the same for all vet schools. Most people doing A Levels finish before that (I don't because one of my exams is the 28th June, so it's really late).

ReputationRep:
    At Bristol, the 2nd years should finish 8th June (unless we have moderating vivas if we fail a subject marginally). Exams start 28th May, then we have 1.5 weeks of hell, then freedom! lol.

ReputationRep:
    Helllooooo from new zealand!!! I haven't been on here for ages, my internet access isn't very good so i'm always in a rush just t check my emails! I've been dairying here for a week, its so different to the UK!! The parlour is 32 a side, so 64 cows in at obce and is oped sided, which is actually lovely cos looking one way i can see the sun come up over the mountains and looking the other i can see the sun rise over the sea, the scenery is stunninbg!! Their attitdue to aniumal health here is v different to the UK, if somehtings ill/gonna die they shoot it, they hardly ever have the vet, i think its oartly that cows aren't worth as much as the UK but partly attitude too. Does anyone know if in thre UK cattke suffer from a disease called facial eczma? I have been putting zinc in watre troughs to prevent them getting itm it starts like human eczma on the face but then enters the biodya and causes organ failure and death, it's just something i'd not heard of at home... If anyone knows the answer please could you write on my fb as i'm not sure when i'll next be on here! It's certainly a very interesting learning curve here, but I'm loving it!!

My parents are applying for my bristol halls for me cos i won't be at home, all I've tolld them is I want self catered, so I'm hoping for a good decision! Haha, I do trust them really so I'm sure it'll be fine!

Hope everyone's well!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Wow, I wonder if it's the same for all vet schools. Most people doing A Levels finish before that (I don't because one of my exams is the 28th June, so it's really late).
    Pfft 28th June. I finish of the 29th! My exam timetable is the worst, I have my three big papers on consecutive days, then a week, then my three little papers on consecutive days right at the end :eek: Not fun.

So yeah, revision...should be getting back to that really!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool finishes 4th June officially. But you basically finish whenever your exams finish (3rd for vets).

ReputationRep:
    new zealand sounds great enor!

this year my last exam is 30th June, literally the last exam on my college's exam timetable, I would have finished a lot earlier if it wasn't for psychology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Pfft 28th June. I finish of the 29th! My exam timetable is the worst, I have my three big papers on consecutive days, then a week, then my three little papers on consecutive days right at the end :eek: Not fun.

So yeah, revision...should be getting back to that really!
    I have 11 exams :p:
    But yeah, my three big papers on are consecutive days too.

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.