Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    yeah me too, I have core 4, biology and chemistry and the core 3 and 4 combined paper on the same day as chem too. not fun

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm ok maybe you guys win!

This is depressing, my mum is mowing so it is too noisy to work out in most of the back garden, and the front is in the shade at the moment from all the trees I want to be revising outside but instead I am stuck indoors with all the windows open as wide as they will go, through which I can hear the ice cream van going round my village!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilyyy)
    Liverpool finishes 4th June officially. But you basically finish whenever your exams finish (3rd for vets).
    Wow, we dont finish until July! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    By which time I'll be getting a sexy tan out in California, and using my English accent for the only thing it's capable of...picking up American chicks. :yep:

Ahhhhh, gap years :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    anyone know what date the course starts at RVC this year please? i cant find it anywhere...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PowerLewis)
    By which time I'll be getting a sexy tan out in California, and using my English accent for the only thing it's capable of...picking up American chicks. :yep:

Ahhhhh, gap years :rolleyes:
    I'm going to California this summer too, towards the end of July though. Whereabouts are you going?

ReputationRep:
    You're at the wrong vet school, mate

When do you start back for second year?

ReputationRep:
    First exam in exactly 2 weeks! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    Woo North Ronaldsay, I have been there! How is it going?? You could always get the ferry back if you have to, and then train it back from Aberdeen. Bit of a long way round though! You should be fine to fly though I think!
    you've been there? did you go to do sheep work? its so weird there, completely different to anywhere else. did you know they didnt get electricity til 1983!
    i ended up getting the boat on friday and staying in a hostel cos i didnt trust the inter-island flights to be running. turns out they were but it was nice to have a day in kirkwall anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I'm going to California this summer too, towards the end of July though. Whereabouts are you going?
    Everywhere really. It's just a way to end my gap year, so I'll be backpacking wherever I feel like going. Starting up in Portland, Oregon to visit some family, and then straight down into Ca. Should be good
    Whereabouts are you headed?

ReputationRep:
    You're at the wrong vet school, mate

When do you start back for second year?
    Uhh very late september/ beginning october I think! How long did you get for easter? We had 6 weeks

ReputationRep:
    Six weeks?! That's crazy. Three weeks, two of which we had to spend lambing.

ReputationRep:
    Six weeks?! That's crazy. Three weeks, two of which we had to spend lambing.
    Thats why you finish early then we also get 3 weeks for revision

ReputationRep:
    Thats why you finish early then we also get 3 weeks for revision
    Jeeez, the RVC are soft on you :tongue: Here at Liverpool we're trained from early on how to cope with the stresses of the profession; to aid us in our learning we only get given one week for revision...

ReputationRep:
    We had 4 weeks, two of which we had to spend lambing. 6 weeks is crazy lol! :P
    And we finish on 4th June as well.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Jeeez, the RVC are soft on you :tongue: Here at Liverpool we're trained from early on how to cope with the stresses of the profession; to aid us in our learning we only get given one week for revision...
    But you get lots of time to chill in summer! Teehee.
    Wheee I can't wait to start proper vet school.
    At about 5,000 outta 10-15,000 of my dissertation. Need a draft done by next saturday ish. LOTS OF WORK TO DO next week. :woo:

ReputationRep:
    my cats gone missing . we live by a main road and im praying he's not been knocked over

ReputationRep:
    how many weeks do you spend at uni in total? just wondering because someone said i may qualify for a long course loan, and i cant find anything about it on the rvc website

ReputationRep:
    It is when you're aware that your financial situation may be changing for the worst, and that without an extra loan you may end up unable to feed yourself
    Obviously it's got to be used responsibly, but it's by no means a bad thing to hold that as your reason for choosing a particular bank's services.

The OP wanted to know why we chose the banks we did. That was my reason. I'd rather it wasn't, but life isn't always a bed of roses.
    Last time I went to uni, I got a £1250 ovedraft from NatWest, I have still not paid this back 3 years later!!! boo
    Hopefully they will let me keep it as I am going back to uni. Otherwise I'm stuffed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by animalmad1992)
    how many weeks do you spend at uni in total? just wondering because someone said i may qualify for a long course loan, and i cant find anything about it on the rvc website
    Umm its very roughly about 25 weeks teaching, 1 week for your essay at christmas, 3 weeks revision and 2 weeks exams

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.