Turn on thread page Beta

2010 applicants....APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS [Mark 2] watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmaaa..)
    my cats gone missing . we live by a main road and im praying he's not been knocked over
    Oh no How long has he been missing? I hope he's okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_v)
    Oh no How long has he been missing? I hope he's okay.
    awh thank you. we last saw him yesterday morning . he only ever plays out in the street though and is a very homely cat, and because we've had a few die on the main road in the past we bring him in at night...but he's nowhere to be seen. we've done some leaflets, phoned the vets and the place that collects animals from road traffic accidents but nothing. so that's hopefully a good thing.

just hoping he casually strolls in at some point and wonders what all the fuss was about.
    xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    awh thank you. we last saw him yesterday morning . he only ever plays out in the street though and is a very homely cat, and because we've had a few die on the main road in the past we bring him in at night...but he's nowhere to be seen. we've done some leaflets, phoned the vets and the place that collects animals from road traffic accidents but nothing. so that's hopefully a good thing.

just hoping he casually strolls in at some point and wonders what all the fuss was about.
    xxxxx
    I'm sure he'll come back. Judging by that, it sounds like he's just wandering around. Is he neutered? We had a cat who got hit by a car, it was horrible, she was only 11 months old

ReputationRep:

xxxxx
    Sorry to hear that

One of my cats went missing when she was 17 years old, and because she was quite frail we thought she'd died somewhere, but she turned up like weeks later!
    And another one of my cats was hit by a car (my dad's!) when she was less than a year old, but it only damaged her hip, which 'for now' is fine and hopefully repaired itself quite well considering she had to stay in a big dog-like cage for about 6 weeks!
    So, hopefully your cat will be like one of mine and and will turn up soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karate_kat)
    Sorry to hear that

One of my cats went missing when she was 17 years old, and because she was quite frail we thought she'd died somewhere, but she turned up like weeks later!
    And another one of my cats was hit by a car (my dad's!) when she was less than a year old, but it only damaged her hip, which 'for now' is fine and hopefully repaired itself quite well considering she had to stay in a big dog-like cage for about 6 weeks!
    So, hopefully your cat will be like one of mine and and will turn up soon!
    Your cat is very lucky! That reminds me of my cousin's cat. When he was a few months old, he escaped out of the house and was hit by a car, thankfully not going very fast. He lost a bit of his bottom jaw but he's fine, he just has no bottom lip so he looks a bit funny. But he's longhaired, so you can hardly see it. 10 years later, he's perfectly healthy and he eats anything and everything.

ReputationRep:
    oo la la saw my first cesarian at the vets the other day!! tres exciting, and a nephrectomy too! The poor german shephard was literally weeing pure blood all over the floor it looked like a scene out of saw there was that much! Just another quiet day at the surgery :p: lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurasaurus)
    Just another quiet day at the surgery :p: lol
    Good times :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really going to miss my vets when I go off to Uni I know there are probably loads of really nice practices with lovely people, but I'm such good friends with them all now it's going to be a bit weird when I stop going.

Emma I really hope you find your cat, let us know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)
    I'm really going to miss my vets when I go off to Uni I know there are probably loads of really nice practices with lovely people, but I'm such good friends with them all now it's going to be a bit weird when I stop going.

I miss my vets I am going to go back in the summer to see them. The thing is, I stopped going the week before I got my offers, so I had to go in tell them, that was fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blahhh)
    Umm its very roughly about 25 weeks teaching, 1 week for your essay at christmas, 3 weeks revision and 2 weeks exams
    thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oaktrees)

at bristol you have to do 2 weeks pcems at an sa vets dont you so you might be able to do that there

ReputationRep:
    awh I hope you find your cat safe and well emma

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys. so do we. its horrible

steph he is neutered and microchipped. and we've just put him on the cp website for lost and found and we've paid for a slot in the observer.

it's weird, it's just like he's dissappeared of the face of the earth :/.

ReputationRep:
    thanks guys. so do we. its horrible

steph he is neutered and microchipped. and we've just put him on the cp website for lost and found and we've paid for a slot in the observer.

it's weird, it's just like he's dissappeared of the face of the earth :/.
    he might be trapped somewhere. we had a cat stuck in our garage once

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    he might be trapped somewhere. we had a cat stuck in our garage once
    yeaaa we did a lot of flyers asking people if they'd check their sheds and garages and that. hopefully if he's trapped he'll be let out soon. ahh just don't like thinking about it.

ReputationRep:
    Emma.. keeping my fingers crossed he is okay

ReputationRep:
    ahhh cuthbert's still missingggg. woke up and cried . got another 140 flyers to post through ppl's letterboxes and laminated some posters to put up.

everyone in sutton coldfield WILL know he's missing

and thanks for all the support guys.

ReputationRep:
    YFC AGM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woo: aweeesome times!!

next its AVS, thennnnn YFC AGM Blackpooooooooooooooool!

did torquay enjoy their weeekend??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TwirlGirl)
    I haven't stalked this thread in a while, but what timing! I live in torquay We're looking forward to all you young farmers :yep:

(sorry for stalking lol :getmecoat: )
    You were there!!! did u go to the doo's and shii?
    I love Mojos we were there all day everyday haha! I miss the place and I miss the people!
    Bumped into rachyy quite a few times, shes mental!! think we did 10 shots of zambuka the 2nd night, and got lost on our way back home no money for taxis stoped by the police station 8) hehe
    didnt chek this till now or I'd of looked for you as well...

ReputationRep:
    i spent over £50 on saturday night, we did do a fair few zzzambucaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas! was so funnnny!! i was already trashed before we started on the zambuccacaaa! oh deary!

we were in Mojooooss alot too, and weatherspoonnns, and then at the doo's, other than that i was in bed! haha.

on the vetty front... im going to bristol tomorrow to look at Halls.... (and go shopping :p: )

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.